Alor Setar Travel Answers

change location
sherri28's Profile Photo

ENQUIRY

by sherri28 Online Now Jan 6, 2006 at 7:11 PM

Hi,

I will be taking a bus from Johor Bahru to Alor Star Bus Station. Can anyone advise where is the bus station located near to, is it near to any tourist attraction nearby? Such as the Kedah rice museum and the tower.

I will be staying at Mutiara Pedu Lake Resort and would like to enquire anyone know how to get to the resort by bus?

Is alor Star bus station near to the jetty for ferry departure to Langkawi?

Is it possible to rent a car in Alor Star? Is the road easy to drive? I would like to go to Gunung Keriang, Rice Museum, Pedu Lake Resort and Gunung Jeriang.

How far is these attractions and it's the road sign easy to recognize? Or will it be better if I were to take a taxi around? Which way better, taxi, bus or rental car? Please advise

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chiabh's Profile Photo

RE: ENQUIRY

by chiabh Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 12:37 AM

hi sherri...

the alor setar bus station is in the middle of town... it is about 15-20 walk to the telekom tower... sorry but i do not know where the rice museum is... pedu lake resort is about 90km from alor setar town and there are no buses going to the resort but public buses will go until kuala nerang, about 50km from the resort at a charge... the resort does arrange transport to the resort from alor setar or kuala nerang but this must be pre-booked with the resort...

the nearest jetty to langkawi is at kuala kedah which is about 20km from alor setar town... gunong jerai is 100kn south of the town... it is easy to rent a car in alor setar and equally easy to drive to the above places of interest... of course, the most convenient and flexible option is to rent a car... or rent a taxi for the day (don't know the going rate though)...

regards.chia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: ENQUIRY

by salman2 Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 1:18 AM

Hi,
    Muzium Padi is located near alor setar. around 10 km from Alor Star bus station ( Shahab Perdana) There, u can get taxi or rent a car (better chartered a taxi). Places of interest ner alor setar - state museum, telekom tower , kota kuala kedah (historic places), and Mahathir's house (the house that PM born)- Gunung Keriang also near alor setar. Pedu Lake resort far away from alor setar- the lake is getting dry this season. not so good to visit there now. Pekan Rabu is good for u. lot of tarditional dishes and craft for u. fell free to e mail me if u want to come here. TQ.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines