Alor Setar Travel Answers

change location

Alor Setar to Johor Bahru

by timhill Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 1:07 AM

Anyone know how often buses go from Alor Setar to Johor Bahru? I'm wanting to travel from Langkawi to Singapore mid week in late November, and want to avoid planes. thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • SukhiHotu's Profile Photo

Re: Alor Setar to Johor Bahru

by SukhiHotu Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 3:27 AM

Well, the buses should run at least 2 times a day from Alor Setar to Johor Bahru, which mean a bus running in the morning and another bus running at night (it's an overnight trip) then. I believe that there are a few bus companies that run buses from Alor Setar to Johor Bahru. The worst scenario, you may need to take a bus from Alor Setar to Kuala Lumpur and then, take another bus from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru. Hope these webpages are useful for you. cuti.com.my/guide/plusliner_... hotelcentral.com.my/langkawi...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aniquez's Profile Photo

Re: Alor Setar to Johor Bahru

by aniquez Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 5:20 PM

From the Kuala Kedah Jetty you can go straight to "Shahab Perdana" the bus terminal in Alor Setar. You can get the ticket from the counters they have there. Its not a problem at all, once youre there everybody would be calling (shouting in fact) you asking for your destination. You can email me should you have any problem.

• Re: Re: Alor Setar to Johor Bahru

by timhill Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 9:27 PM

Thanks very much for the details, guys, that helps a lot. I've been trying to pre-book tickets so I won't be delayed, but I guess that's not really possible without going there - so I'll just cross fingers that all is OK on the day thanks again Tim

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines