Almuñécar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to see in a day only?

Sevilla Dec 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I will be in Sevilla on 20th. First time. And only for a day. And only couple of hours, after business.

What's "the thing" I must see before leaving on 21th?

more
    • 8 days in and around Malaga

Málaga Yesterday

hello VTers

I will be travelling to Malaga with my wife n 2 year old during Christmas along with my friends family n theír 3 year old.

So far the list includes Alhambra palace , Nerja caves and I believe 2 days could be spent in Malaga but no pans yet, any suggestions ?

I can see some national parks around Malaga but not sure if they are possible with 2 kids, any ideas ?

is it realistic to make day trips to Seville or somewhere else ?

any other suggestions are very welcome and highly appreciated :-)

cheers!

more
    • Winter in Almunecar

by winterspain Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Dear local expert ! I am looking for a nice place to stay between the beginning November and end March (kind of every year) where I could fly (close by ) easily for a couple of weeks, when the gray rainy days in The Netherlands are just TOOOOO much. Ultimately I would like to buy property ((3 bedrooms or so, to accommodate my childrens families as well, at times). However, as my husband is still working for some 6 years, it would be important to live in a city/ small medieval town with a nice pedestrian area. I would also not mind a nice terace with sea views .... BUT before going so far, we have planned to stay at the south coast of Spain during the winter months, to see, if it really would be something for us.

ALL tips are welcome and HIGHLY appreciated!

-) Soleil

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • Area of Almunecar to live

by MisterGee Online Now May 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Which area of Almunecar would you recommend living in? I cannot decide whether to focus on Taramay in the East or Cotobro in the West or somewhere central? Must be nice neighbourhood with some life but not completely rammed and noisy.

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 6:39 AM
    • SammyJ17's Profile Photo

Tapas bars and restaurants

by SammyJ17 Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I'm a little confused by conflicting comments - I'm hoping to find a nice selection of tapas bars and restaurants in the old town and or beach area. What is the selection / choice like. Had a fantastic time in Isla Canela last year but it only had 5 bars / restaurants - does Almunecar have a wider selection than this ?

4 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • nordica slippers

by cazer Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

where can i buy nordica slippers in alumecar?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM
    • nearest main towns

by rhinocerous Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

where is the nearest main town to playa velilla? is it almunecar? if so, is it a big town? and are there any good supermarkets and meat and fish markets, and flea markets

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • Outlets or big shops near Almunecar?

by yury98 Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Are there some big shops (like Carefoor or Metro) near Almunecar or on the roads to Malaga or to Granada?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    • linheath's Profile Photo

EXCURSIONS

by linheath Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Does anyone know of any companies that do:
      1. Coach/minibus/car trips into the mountain villages
      2. Guided walking days with transport provided

We are staying in La Herradura.

Thank you.

• juzz's Profile Photo

beaches

by juzz Online Now Jul 27, 2006 at 4:51 AM

hi everybody,

I was looking at this site
      almunecar.info/medioambiente...
      which lists the beaches near Almuñécar.
      Does anybody know any of them?
      Is CANTARRIJAN beach difficult to reach? and how to reach it?

Thanks
      Sergio

2 Answers Jul 27, 2006 at 5:12 AM
    • Airport to Almunecar

by Pamela1 Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Thank you for your replies. There doesn't seem to be one airport that you recommend, so I think I might try them both as I will be travelling to Almunecar quite frequently in the future. Thanks again.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2008 at 11:37 AM
    • Airport to Almunecar

by Pamela1 Online Now May 22, 2006 at 2:40 PM

Hi, and thanks for your advise. I have decided to try both airports, as I will be going to Almunecar often in the future and want to see which one suits me best. I did go to Granada last time I was there, but only went to see the Alhambra, so this time I will make sure I have a look at the town. Thanks again.

• Airport to Almunecar

by Pamela1 Online Now May 19, 2006 at 10:11 AM

I will be travelling to Almunecar in October. I know it is a similar distance from both Malaga and Granada airports, but I'm wondering which would be the easiest to get from. I am a 50+ single lady traveller, and will have a medium sized wheeled case. I have the bus timetables from Granada and Malaga, but as I said I'd like to know which you people think is actually the easiest and most practical way to do this. If I come Ryanair to Granada, the flight lands 21.30 -hopefully, so I know that would be too late for the last bus and I would have to stay overnight in Granada, which wouldn't be a problem. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 1, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • almunecar

by filboy Online Now Mar 5, 2004 at 1:23 AM

Is it woth staying at Almunecar for 2 days before going to Alhambra for another 2 days? Are there better alternatives to Almunecar, and not too far from Alhambra? I have a bad back and I want to be about an hour drive from Alhambra.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2004 at 3:11 AM