Travel Answers
Almería

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trains or coaches from Almeria to Garrucha?

by Jax28 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Can anyone advise on how to book coach or train from Almeria airport to Garrucha, not finding web pages very helpful?

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    • transport from almeria airport

by hellieb Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Hi, does anyone know if there is a bus from almeria airport to the town of roquestas please?

3 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • passport photo

by dbnomi Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Where can I get a passport photo taken in Almeria? I need one to apply for a NIE card. Thanks

• Moving to Almeria

by rachal1084 Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hi, me, my husband and 2 year old are moving to Almeria and hoping to open a little gift shop, but we are not sure of areas, obviously we are looking for somewhere with a thriving tourist trade but also somewhere to settle with a young child so a nice school is essential, if anyone can give us any suggestions regarding this we would be most grateful. Thank you :)

1 Answer Aug 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    • Scooter rental in San José

by cly25 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hallo, me and my boyfriend will spend 5 days in San José in august. we don't have a credit card, so we can't rent a car. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a scooter there? thank you,

Claudia

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 4:14 AM
    • Advice

by corserpaul Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My wife and I would like to know if there is a walking guidebook of the area, and also where we might play tennis

1 Answer Mar 23, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • advice

by corserpaul Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

My wife and I are driving to Almeria on March 12th and would like to know if one can buy a guide of local walks or even hire a guide. Also the best area for walking.
      Where might we be able to play tennis in almeria

1 Answer Mar 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • laldred's Profile Photo

ALSA COACHES from ALMERIA

by laldred Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Advice please on using ALSA COACHES Website to book seats. Have entered details for 4 seats for a one way trip from Almeria to Vera (including Passenger Names, Passport Numbers, and Seats Selected - but, after clicking on "Continue" I get sent to a page for booking a fresh trip! Any advice would be very welcome.

Lawson.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • DanielRobinson's Profile Photo

Algeciras-Almeria Drive

by DanielRobinson Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I have all day to drive from Algeciras to Almeria. Is there anything worth taking a detour or a special route? Nice lunch spot, white cities? Probably not Marbella.

4 Answers May 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    • Dress code

by jlongford Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM

What is the dress code for the restaurant in the Hotel Sabinal?

• philosykos's Profile Photo

Malaga to Almeria..

by philosykos Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 8:34 AM

How long does it take by bus from Malaga to Almeria?Is it a feasable day trip?
      The old twon in Almeria?Thankyou.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    • beach towels

by almeria Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 3:38 AM

I am going to the Golf Trinidad in Roquestas de mar in almeria does anyone know if they supply beach towels or do I have to take them with me

2 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    • easter in almeria

by fionagullis Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

We are arriving in Almeria late on Easter Saturday. Does anyone know if any supermarkets/shops will be open Easter Sunday/Monday for food buying - we're self catering!

1 Answer Mar 3, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    • Almeria

by amirahamza Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM

i'm going to Almeria in few days and i've been trying to find out, with no success, whether there are shops there like mango, promod, zara... can anyone help!

2 Answers Nov 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    • Cruise stop - Almeria -What to see/do?

by vivachris Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM

We will be in Almeria just for one day in May as part of a cruise. I have done considerable research and hope that locals or recent visitors can assist me. I would like to see the Alcazaba and points of interest in the old town. I have been told there is a tourist office in town but I don't have the location. can someone direct me from the cruise ship? How far a walk is it to the Alcazaba? Is it a steep walk or a gradual one? How long would it take in a casual walk (2-3 miles per hour)?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    • Almeria, Spain to Mojacar Transportation?

by fideauxdon Online Now Feb 5, 2009 at 3:43 PM

What public transportation is available to get from and to Mojacar?

• leics's Profile Photo

Train to Granada?

by leics Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I'm pondering a visit to Almeria in the spring (a budget carrier has opened a new route from my local airport).

I know there are trains to Granada. I have two questions:

1. Will I need to buy tickets in advance or can I assume that the Almeria> Granada trains will be pretty uncrowded (I don't mind standing all the way).

2. Is a daytrip to Granada feasible, or would I be better to plan for a few days based there?

Also, it's possible I'll be visiting over Easter. Should I expect restaurants etc to be closed for the holidays at any point, and what effect will Easter (Good Friday/Easter Sunday etc)have on transport, if any?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks in advance........

5 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • Almeria for a family Holiday ?

by sevvy1 Online Now May 17, 2008 at 2:07 AM

I am thinking of going to Almeria for about a week in August, can you recommend a hotel or would it be better to rent an apartment for a family of 5.We want to be close to beach and the town Prices etc would be appricated ,I am coming from Ireland so I would fly with Ryanair. Is Almeria a good place to go with a family all views appricated , thanks

3 Answers May 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    • Transportation from Almeria to Cabo de Gato and San Jose

by mcavallini Online Now Apr 25, 2008 at 3:09 AM

Hola - I plan on catching a bus from Granada to Almeria tomorrow and from there I would like to go to San Jose or Cabo de Gato. I am having trouble finding the bus schedule from Aleria to either of these two locations. If anyone knows the schedule or where I can find it online I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
      Marissa

1 Answer Apr 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM
    • FLY problem in almeria

by Carrigmore Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 5:14 AM

Will be travelling to Rocquet de Mar in a few weeks and I'm reading
      about the problem people have with flies
      Is this a all year round problem
      and what type of flies are they
      are they in the Cabo de Gata and Retemar areas as well
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    • help me find jamie long lost friend

by roman1287 Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 8:18 AM

could anybody help me find a friend of mine called jamie, i dont know his second name. the information i have is that his wife is called cathy and he owns a bar in almeria (somewhere) we met in greece where i had a bar and the number i had is now gone id appreciate it if anyone could tell me the name of the bar he owns thanks mat.

1 Answer Apr 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM
    • Travel to Alhambra

by santoliston Online Now Mar 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Plese advise us of the transportation available from Almeria to Ahambra and is it feasable to to the trip in one day. Thank You -- Tony Liston

2 Answers Mar 14, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    • Airport Travel

by mojacar_man Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Hi,

I'm attending a wedding in Mojacar in June.
      I plan on flying into Almeria airport and departing from Alicante airport.
      I won't have my own transport.

Could someone tell me if there is a public bus between Mojacar and both airports or will I have to make other arrangements?

Thanks......

3 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    • Urgent: Accomodation Required 23rd July

by RJLee53 Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Hi,

I've just joined Virtual Tourist; I have an urgent problem and would HUGELY appreciate any help...

I've found out this evening that the villa where my family and our friends (8 of us) were sue to stay next week has a problem: the pool has leaked and we can't go there. With this in mind I am desperate to find accomodation in MOJACAR for 8 people from Monday 23rd July to 2nd August - or maybe from 23rd for 1 week as we may be able to return early. As we only found out tonight we've not been successful so far in finding somewhere. We need a pool, air con, and prefereably a decent location.

My apologies if this is not the right place to post - but I face the prospect of very disappointed children and friends if we can't find anywhere.

My email is richard_lee@uk.lenovo.com - or if anyone can help my mobile in the UK is 07802 925 449.

I know this is an odd request, but I'm really trying anything at this late stage. Any sugggestions MOST welcome.

Richard Lee

5 Answers Jul 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM
    • Jasminerose's Profile Photo

Is it that far from Barcelona?

by Jasminerose Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Hi there,
      thankyou for recommending the site. However it does say that the train journey will take 11hrs from Almeria to Barcelona..I did think it was a lot closer.. can you recommend an airline for cheap internal flights?

thanks again

JasmineRose*

5 Answers May 6, 2007 at 2:04 AM
    • Jasminerose's Profile Photo

Almeria to Barcelona?

by Jasminerose Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 1:04 AM

Hiya VT,

long time no speak, however am going to Almeria for Xmas on Friday and would like to spend a few days in Barcelona whilst in Spain. Have always wanted to visit and also am thinking of teaching English there in Spring..How would I get to Barcelona.. is there a train? How long and how much would I expect to pay?

Also can you recommend a nice friendly peaceful hostel in Barcelona for the over 30's? Also when I return to Almeria can you recommend anywhere where I can visit and maybe meet some people to hang out with?

thanks again ; )

2 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 3:29 PM
    • Car Hire in Vera

by kwakzzr600 Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Hi we are staying at the Vera beach club shortly and wanted to hire a car for a few days but we do not have a credit card and everywhere I have rang or looked on the internet will allow you to pay for the car hire by debit card before you travel but when you go to pick your hire car up apparently you have to leave your credit card details as a deposit and pay for the fuel. Does anyone know of any car hire places in Vera or nearby Garracha or Mojacar that will take cash (euros) as payment for the fuel and do not need to take your credit card details?

Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 21, 2006 at 10:25 AM
    • Food and Drink

by smagenta6974 Online Now May 18, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Our family is going to Almeria in July and I just wondered if the food and drink was reasonably priced and if there is a choice of places to go and if anyone has any recommendations?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2007 at 6:25 AM
    • elfy20's Profile Photo

transport, help!!!

by elfy20 Online Now May 12, 2006 at 1:33 PM

hi, this is my first time posting and first time travelling abroad, but the website looks helpfull and i hope people can help me please!im going supposed to be going to tabernas, almeria to do my dissertation in september, i have flights booked to alicante and accomodation there for one night. does anyone know any cheap ways to travel to tabernas bearing in mind i can't drive...cheap scooter/moped hires for example? or bus travel? are there any buses other than airport transfer to almeria or tabernas from alicante? or from almeria to tabernas?

2 Answers May 14, 2006 at 8:40 PM
    • Supers1984's Profile Photo

Hostels in Almeria

by Supers1984 Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 10:18 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Almeria late August/Early September. I will be coming from Seville but think it's a bit of a trek from there so might stay in Malaga overnight, would this be a better idea? I'd prefer to be in Almeria for three nights so if anyone knows how long the journey is from Seville to Almeria and how much it costs that would be great.

Once in Almeria does anyone know any cheap hostels to stay in and also the average prices of meals amd drinks etc.

Thanks!

Sofie
      x

2 Answers Jun 28, 2006 at 6:55 AM