change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Almaty Qalasy Travel Answer Locations

• Accommodations

Almaty Mar 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Hi...I'll be in Almaty in late July. I'm looking for affordable accommodations. Hotels seemed to be way above my budget and there don't seem to be too many mid range hotels. Is there a website or other information I can use? My budget is somewhere in the $40-60 range.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Day tours from Almaty

Almaty Feb 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I will be in Almaty in late July for 3-4 days. I am traveling solo and wanted to take a day trip out to see some nature. What sites would you recommend? And are there any group tours I could join? I've checked online and most tours are private and quite expensive. Thanks. Paul

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • RamkrishnaS's Profile Photo

regarding visa onarrival.

Almaty Jan 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

hallo,

i want to visit Almaty in the month of march can i get visa upon arrival i m from India &want to visit Moscow.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Currency exchange

Almaty Sep 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Are ATMs easily available

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Almaty 1, NOT 2, Train Station

Almaty Aug 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi fellow travelers!

1. Safe at night? This website, dostoprim.almaty.kz/page.php..., claims the station is under surveillance around the clock, even late at night, and that the police are at any give time at present. Has anyone been there in the wee hours?
      2. Any exchange beaureux (money changer) on site?

Thanks for your time.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • pleasure trip to Almaty

Almaty Aug 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM

planning to visit almaty in 1st week of Sept.2013, is it OK

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Information on Almaty

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What would a family of 4, i.e a 3 and 7 year old with a Labrador and 2 cats consider and ask before moving to Almaty?

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Has anyone slept overnight at the Almaty airport?

Almaty Aug 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I am flying into the Almaty airport fairly late and onto another -stan country.

I wonder how comfortable overnight sleeping at the airport can be. Has anyone done it before?

I have looked at www.sleepinginairports.net before posting my question here and there are only 2 postings on the Web site and pretty out-dated - one in 2005 and the other in 2003...

I love to hear tips for a best sleeping spot, fending off security guards if any, etc.,

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

• cost of samsung galaxy s duos at almaty

Almaty Jun 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

what is cost of Samsung galaxy s duos?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    • MASHK's Profile Photo

ALMATY TO BISHKEK

Almaty Sep 7, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Dear friend
      I have plan 3 days trip from Almaty to Bishkek and return
      I would like to know can I take visa in border or not and for return to Almaty
      my first visa is valid or not or I must to ask multiple entrance visa?
      thanks

1 Answer Sep 7, 2011 at 3:35 AM
    • MASHK's Profile Photo

TIME OF THE NOTES

Almaty Sep 4, 2011 at 12:42 AM

HI
      WHY ALL THE NOTES ARE NOT UP TO DATE AND THEY ARE FOR 2005-6-7 OR ...?

3 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • How can I get from Barcelona, Spain to Astana?

Almaty Apr 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM

I would like to go in June, 2011 and it appears to be very expensive to fly to Astana or Almaty from Barcelona. Is there another way to get there that is near by and I can take a bus or train to get to Astana?

Many thanks.

Kathy

7 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    • Bobbykins64's Profile Photo

Trip to Almaty, Kazakhstan.

Almaty Nov 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I am a single 48 year man, who wishes to go to Almaty for two/ three weeks.
      I don't mind traveling there myself if need be, but I am looking for holiday companionship. Is there anybody who fancies going to Almaty, or does not mind me teaming up with them ?
      I would like to go has soon as possible, all I need is my visa.
      Anybody interested ?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    • almaty to toretam

Almaty Jul 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Can anyone tell me how long the train from toretam to almaty takes, roughly how much it costs and if it runs on weekends?

• osho2003's Profile Photo

From Almaty to Astana

Almaty Apr 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

From Almaty to Astana

I and my friend plan to come on 10 Th May Almaty.Then we have to go Astana.From Astana airport to we have to go Ukraine (Kiev) on 14 th May .So how could we go Almaty to Astana; How much cost by train or by bus ? How long time getting for travel? Is it risky? we have not much money to fly.pls good advisees

2 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    • Availability of Shopping Item

Almaty Nov 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Are the following items available: If so please advise brand names and parmacutical quality:

Vitamin E 400 IU
      Citracal (Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D 500 IU
      Centrum Silver Multivitamin

Hair spray (Brand name and manufacturer)

• Looking for cool hotel near Medeo

Almaty Jul 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I am traveling to Almaty for business and staying through the weekend. I figured that I should take the opportunity to go to the mountains and Medeo. I read on this forum that there is a very cool hotel there, where the rooms are in jurts. Does anyone know the name/have the contact for this hotel? Any other recommendations of neat places to stay would be most appreciated! Thanks!

• from Almaty to Karakol

Almaty Apr 9, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Hello,
      what is the possibilities to go from Almaty to Karakol for 12 persons? It is possible to reached Karakol not going to Bishkek direction?

Thank You

2 Answers Jun 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM
    • Looking For A Reasonably Priced Hotel in Almaty

Almaty Feb 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM

3 friends and I are travelling to Almaty in early June and we need to find a hotel.
      All the agencies, websites etc we have tried name the same 10 or 12 hotels, all of which are already booked on our dates or are very expensive.
      There must be more hotels in Almaty. Can anyone help with the names and/or contact details of any two or three star hotels. Anywhere in the city or near the airport will do.
      Please help.

4 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • ian1917's Profile Photo

Arriving early in Almaty

Almaty Feb 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi we are flying in to Almaty arriving at 5:10am on the KLM flight. Local (UK) time that is midnight so we will be very tired. Are there hotels we can check in to at that time to get some sleep?

Also if we decided to catch a train somewhere instead, how quickly could we get from Almaty airport to Alma-Ata-2 train station? Does immigration take a long time?

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Feb 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM
    • How I can travel from Almaty to Shymkent?

Almaty Oct 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM

How I can travel from Almaty to Shymkent by bus or minibus? and what's aprox. rates

1 Answer Nov 14, 2008 at 12:53 AM
    • Doctor38's Profile Photo

Almaty to Tashkent?

Almaty Qalasy Jun 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM

What are my options if I want to travel between Almaty to Tashkent? I'd rather not fly. any information about buses, trains and shared taxis would appreciated. thanks

1 Answer Jul 10, 2008 at 6:32 AM
    • professor

Almaty May 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM

How to travel from Almaty to Urumqi?

Can we travel by plane or by train?

How often are there flights ?

Sincerely yours

Bjørn Myrvang

1 Answer Dec 12, 2008 at 8:05 AM
    • advices for a trip to Almata/ pocket money

Almaty Nov 15, 2007 at 6:52 AM

i am preparing for a business trip to Almata at the end of Nov. 2007, would you please advice regarding the weather condition, rate of money exchange and shall i have Tenge or US dollars?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2007 at 11:35 PM
    • andrdeplechin's Profile Photo

mountain biking in Almaty, Kazakhstan

Almaty May 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Hi, I am going to Almaty, Kazakhstan, at the end of May. I am a keen mountain biker and unfortunatly I will not be able to travel with my bike. Anyone knows if you can rent a decent mountain bike in Almaty for a week or is there some mountain bike fanatics I could contact.......I am not afraid of steep climbs and rocky single tracks. Will bring my helmet, automatics pedals and shoes anyway....

• andrdeplechin's Profile Photo

cycling in Almaty

Almaty May 13, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Where can you rent a mountain bike in Almaty?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • SumTingWong's Profile Photo

Chinese visa in Almaty

Almaty Qalasy Mar 29, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Ive been hearing mixed reports on going about getting a new L visa for China in Almaty. I will be coming from Kyrgyzstan and only have about 5 days before I need to get to China, so I'd need to get a visa pretty quick. Ive been hearing this thing about needing some letter of invitation or something from a chinese company to get back to china?? Or is the application strait forward like in other chinese embassys/consulates abroad? Would I be able to re-enter china by land with a double entry visa? I wonder if I can even get a double entry visa in Kathmandu (Im going from china to nepal to china (tibet) again to kyrgyz to kazakh and then back to china). Thanks

• Squash Courts and Clubs

Almaty Mar 8, 2007 at 10:43 PM

In month time I will be moving to Almaty, I want to know about the facilities to play Squash in Almaty. If any body knows about the details of Squash courts in Almaty please let me know.

Syed

1 Answer Jan 7, 2009 at 5:06 AM
    • Chimbulak

Almaty Nov 27, 2006 at 5:40 PM

Does anybody know how much snow Chimbulak ski resort annually? Can I expect a lot of powder in March? Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 12, 2008 at 8:20 AM