Almaty Travel Answers

change location
osho2003's Profile Photo

From Almaty to Astana

by osho2003 Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

From Almaty to Astana

I and my friend plan to come on 10 Th May Almaty.Then we have to go Astana.From Astana airport to we have to go Ukraine (Kiev) on 14 th May .So how could we go Almaty to Astana; How much cost by train or by bus ? How long time getting for travel? Is it risky? we have not much money to fly.pls good advisees

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: From Almaty to Astana

by GyuriFT Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

The price of the train ticket depends on the class of the train. I can give you a quick+rough estimate only because my tariff is international (much higher than domestic) and for some unknown reason I can't access the http://www.temirzholy.kz

In any case - according to what I see - the Alma-ata1 to Astana is 47.40 Euro in second class and you would want to add maybe 15 Euro for the reservation ("platskarta") - no more. You will land up paying much less than that because what I see here is a "rip-off East-West international tariff".

To get the idea how Kazakh trains look like open the "railfan" picture database

railfaneurope.net/pix/kz/pix...

They are fairly similar to Russian or some older Chinese trains.

I would never get the idea to use a bus - that's well over 1300 km torture. Train is much more comfortable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • osho2003's Profile Photo

Re: From Almaty to Astana

by osho2003 Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Thanks.you are very kind full.again thanks and good luck to you !!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Almaty