Almaty Travel Answers

change location
ian1917's Profile Photo

Arriving early in Almaty

by ian1917 Online Now Feb 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi we are flying in to Almaty arriving at 5:10am on the KLM flight. Local (UK) time that is midnight so we will be very tired. Are there hotels we can check in to at that time to get some sleep?

Also if we decided to catch a train somewhere instead, how quickly could we get from Almaty airport to Alma-Ata-2 train station? Does immigration take a long time?

Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • wrangler_blk's Profile Photo

Re: Arriving early in Almaty

by wrangler_blk Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM

as i remember when i visited Almaty some 3 years back, there was a hotel, when you leaving the airport on your left. just check again Almaty airport website and for sure, you can see it. en.alaport.com/business/inde...
    well, the Immigration clearance is easier than you stay somewhere in Russian Immigration..:) faster.. maybe because of not so crowded. but wanna inform you about some medicines you carry, not in quantity but for personal use. in declaration papers you should include every dollar/euro or other currency you have, as well as gold chains/earings/bracelets etc... if they find extra could fine you and then, of course, asking for something in return:)..$.. i remember my 50$ just gone for nothing..:)
    from Almaty airport to Almaty 2 railway station you can catch a taxi but mostly of them are very expencive at airports, so, try to bargain or just walk some 10 min ahead and try to catch an outside one. travel distance is about 15 min normal drive. sorry but no any idea about taxi ride price but for sure not more than 10$!
    to continue your trip to new capital Astana, you can get very famous and luxurious speed train, they call it "Talgo" or "Spanish train".
    tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Almaty