Almaty Travel Answers

change location
Sheckkd's Profile Photo

Almaty (Alma-Ata) Kazakhstan

by Sheckkd Online Now Oct 3, 2002 at 10:54 AM

Thanks to all who wrote about my question regarding traveling to St. Pete or Moscow. My sincere appreciation. After all that said, I am going to Almaty (Alma-Ata) Kazakhstan instead. Check my page. Any pointers and tips on how to get there from Chicago? What is best way to get visa, through our own US embassy? Thanks and regards.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Bonobo2005's Profile Photo

Re: Almaty (Alma-Ata) Kazakhstan

by Bonobo2005 Online Now Oct 9, 2002 at 11:41 AM

Hi, I flew to Moscow (cheap) and took a direct train to Almaty. Cost around100 for a convenient sleeper, takes around 72 hours. It was a very nice journey, with a huge diversity of people on the train and a dramatic landscape change as you cross forest, steppes and deserts and finally end up in the mountains! Also you'll have a change to stay some time in Moscow, if you like. I arranged my invitation through the internet ($25) and had an agency arranged my visa after that. For Russia you should obtain a transitvisa. Good luck and have fun! And, what is there to check on your page ?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • toulan's Profile Photo

Re: Almaty (Alma-Ata) Kazakhstan

by toulan Online Now Dec 28, 2002 at 12:36 AM

Hi ALL ; How's it going these days in Kazakh. i plan to be there in Jan.2003 , any advice on weather , condoms, drugs ,, whatever ? Happy new year all

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Almaty