Allentown

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurants

New Hope Dec 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What's the best place to eat in this area that's not real expensive?

more
    • If you knew a particular area was dangerous, would you post the information here?

Phoenixville Dec 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I have lived in Phoenixville for many years. Unfortunately my experience has been horrible. Shortly after moving to Phoenixville my wife and I learned that the neighborhood was overrun by drug dealers and drug gangs. Our stance on illegal drug activity made us targets. I am now being targeted by Organized Stalkers (aka Gang Stalking). I am harassed 24/7, have had my property vandalized on a regular basis and have had to install security cameras around my property. I will not go into further detail. If you come to Phoenixville you are placing yourself at risk. There are people here that have no regard for the law and they are plentiful. Google Phoenixville Drug Arrests.

Should I post this in the general comments area so that people considering coming here are aware of the consequences?

more
    • dancing for over 55

by nancyjldavis Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Where can 55 plus people have a drink and dance?

• coming to the area for college tours

by mamy001 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 7:14 AM

I will be travelling to the Allentown PA area to look at colleges with my son. I want to give him a taste of the area as we are from Massachusetts. Any recommendations for hotels (clean and cheap), restaurants, must see locations?

2 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • how do i get to wells fargo in philly from allentown pa

by angel607 Online Now Nov 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM

there is a usher concert i would like to see and was wondering if a bieber bus drops you off close by. the concert is december 16th so i was wondering i am in allentown pa. does a bieber bus drop you off anywhere near the wells fargo in philly? i know where the wescosville bus terminal so any information on how to get to philly would be great

1 Answer Nov 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    • Bus or Taxi Service from Allentown to Wilkes-Barre

by MaryBachert Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Can someone tell me if there is a bus or taxi service from the airport to Wilkes Barre, PA? Where would I get it and an approx price would be great!
      I am going to a candle convention at the Woodlands in Wilkes Barre on Aug 8, returning on the 12th.
      Thanks so much for the help as I am from Ontario, Canada.
      Mary

• Farmer's Markets? Fruit Stands? Produce? Pick your own? and Hikes?

by visitorfromcali Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Hi! I'm taking my family to the Allentown/Bethlehem/Leheigh area for a weekend at the end of the August. We're coming in of a Fri so I think we're going to miss the Bethlehem farmer's market, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend other fresh produce markets, or even better - a great place to pick your own fruit! Last year we picked raspberries in MD and it was fantastic for the kids. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We were also trying to find some good hikes to do. We'll be traveling with 3 year olds, so not too rough (though we can carry them), but some good sites or vistas would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM
    • Rental Apts near Air Product in Allentown, PA

by kuangyi Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Hello everyone,

I am the gal who previously asked for Allentown information. With all the "warning", we still took the job offer and gonna move there this week...well..we will see ..

I would like to seek any suggestion on rental apartments/Condos near Air Product. Main concern is safety issue. We did look up lots of rental information but would really appreicate any personal experience/suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

K.Y.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2006 at 8:01 PM
    • Life in Allentown?

by kuangyi Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Dear All,

We are desperate to know more about Allentown, so I hope it's ok for me to post a question here not from a traveler's perspective.

My husband got an offer in Allentown and we need to decide if that's the place we want to settle down for our family.

Would you give me a general idea of how the life is over there? I know it would depend on each individual but more information is better for us to make a decision at this point.

I am currently present in Madison, WI which I really enjoy, not a big city but very functional, a little bit too cold sometimes but very pretty all year long. I wonder if Allentown is like that.

Second, Is it easy to find softball teams for my hobby in Allentown?

Thanks for your help,

K.Y.

6 Answers Jul 26, 2006 at 7:56 AM
    • Taking MY mom back east for fall colors....

by GoGrammaDoll Online Now May 5, 2004 at 5:51 PM

is it plentiful in Allentown area? I ask because we are doing two timeshare trades with our MAUI, HAWAII condo, and want to book asap, fo rthis coming SEPT(04) There are a few very nice places there available, ie: The Villas at Fairway, The VIllas at Treetops, an dalso in Shawnee on the Delaware, and Tanglewood reosrt in Hawley, PA. Are you familair with any of these places??? My mother, who will be 78, has been back there a few times, not necessairly in ALLENTOWN, but parts of PA, West VA, VA, Ohio, north and south Carolina. ,I on the other hand, have been back east twice: One to NJ in 1973(we're goin waaaaay back! lol), and to N.C and Georgia in Sept,2000. AND I WANT yo SEE IT ALL!!! can you give me a few pointers on where to go? We have upstate NY available, Vermont, NH,MASS,VA(Williamsburgh area) and a few others. Would like to do one week inland, one possibly closer to the coast. any and all suggestions welcome thank you Dollie in San Jose, and... part-time in our vacation home in Kihei, Maui Hawaii :)

5 Answers Apr 13, 2005 at 5:40 PM
    • From Bethlehem to Philly

by Enigma85 Online Now May 5, 2004 at 4:44 PM

Come August 1 (sunday), I'm going to need a way to get from Bethlehem to Philly for an affordable amount, by 2 in the afternoon, preferably not leaving until as late as possible. Does anyone know the ballpark figure out how much it would cost to take a taxi to the Philly airport from Bethlehem, or any other convenient mode of transportation?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2005 at 12:36 AM