Allen Cay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

more