Alkmaar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling alone , looking for companion

Amsterdam Jul 31, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hey, I am on business trip and while returning will be in Amsterdam Sep 18-20 (check out) ; well this will be my personal trip and not paid by company:) .
      I was looking for someone who are travelling to join so that we can afford good place to stay at least and share the accommodation expense. I have seen some places on line but the cost is high, hence if someone is travelling on those dates we can get together and at least stay in better hotel near central station or centre of city. Looking forward for a companion. I understand the world is not that sweet however I am ok to share personal details and expect same if able to find someone.

Thanks. Jks

more
    • Transit to landside, visa necessary?

Schiphol Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I am an Indonesian and willing to travel to Milan. I have a flight using KLM which transit in Schipol for about 6 hours. Is it possible for me to go landside to meet e friend outside the airport? How is the procedure and do I need a visa since I hold a Schengen visa for short-stay in Milan? This is my first time transit in Schipol, I want to go for sight-seeing so bad (outside the airport if possible).Any suggestion what could I do or anywhere to go?
      Thank you for the help in advance :)

more
    • Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam to Havana

Schiphol Jul 10, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Hi. Am planning on flying to Amsterdam via MAS (arriving at 630 am) and thereafter catch a flight at 1030 am same day to Havana via KLM. Is there sufficient time to make the transfer?

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on hostels in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I will be visiting Amsterdam as a solo female traveler in October. I've heard the hostels are very noisy and not safe. Any advice on a nice hostel without all night party's and drug use?

more
    • Amsterdam to Duinrell

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 4:33 AM

We arrive (family of 5) in Zeeburg P&R coach park at Zuiderzeeweg at 6.30pm on saturday 8th august.What is the best way to get from here in Amsterdam to Duinrell.
      Am I better just getting a taxi or is there a cheaper alternative ?
      Thanks
      Pat

more
    • Transport to Schoorl

Amsterdam Jul 27, 2015 at 10:44 PM

What would be the best mode of transport from Alkmaar to Schoorl. Can we rent bikes in Alkmaar

more
    • Transfer via Schiphol and only 1hour 20mins between flights

Schiphol Jul 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hello,

I have to pick the luggage up and do the check in again at Schiphol and I've seen some horror stories where people claim I'd need at least three hours in between flights for that..

Please tell me this is not true!

Traveling from UK to Estonia via Amsterdam.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kind Regards,

Kat

more
    • Hotel price

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM

What is the cheapest/best hotel in amsterdam?

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best non-touristy places to see/eat/drink, etc?

Amsterdam Jul 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Hi, My husband and I are traveling to Amsterdam next month and wanted any insight on some non-touristy things to do. We have interests from art/architecture/landscape/ to craft beer to military history (that is definitely my husband!). We will only be there for 3 days.

I've been there twice before, but he has not. And it was over 10 years ago since I went so i have forgotten most of what I saw (pre-digital camera days)...walked around a lot and went to many bars and clubs. However, we are not the club going types anymore (late 30's/early 40's, been there and too old for that. LOL) We do enjoy good meals, pubs, and seeing unusual and beautiful scenery. He also partakes in smoking pot and would love to know the best place to go (I'm sure most places are good, but if any place stands out).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

more
    • Layover in Schiphol

Schiphol Jul 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I have a flight from Edinburgh to Berlin Tegel airport in a few months with a 12 hour layover in Schiphol airport flying with KLM. I'm a UK citizen so I assume i'll be allowed to leave the airport? There aren't any special passes or fees involved are there? Also will my luggage automatically be transferred through to Berlin or will i have to collect it and check it in again? I don't really want to carry a suitcase round Amsterdam for hours if given the option. Any help appreciated.

more
    • Moving to Amsterdam, Netherlands next month. Few Questions.

Amsterdam Jul 28, 2015 at 4:10 AM

Hello All,
      I'm planned to travel to Amsterdam, Netherlands in first week of September. I'm expected to be there for 6 months. Since it would be my first foreign trip, I'd some questions to ask. It would really be helpful if you could spare some of your precious time and guide me up on few things. Basically, I hail from New Delhi, India.
      1. How's the atmosphere there in Netherlands. I mean security for expats. Well, this is not of much concern, but still thought of asking.
      2. I'm a pure Vegan. So, are there Veg foods available in Amsterdam. Also, if I consider to prepare on my own at my residence, will I be getting the raw stuff there (Like Lentils, and other Indian spices).
      3. Are there some specific things which you want to advise me to bring specifically from India which are not available in Amsterdam.
      4. The pay which I'm expected to receive in Amsterdam would be around EUR 2500 + Fully furnished accommodation. Can you please let me know whether this is sufficient to live there. Just to mention, I'm a teetotaler, so at least there would be no expenses on Alcohol.
      Any other advise is welcomed.
      Thanks a lot in advance!
      Best Regards,
      Shashank.

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on places to visit and places to avoid

Amsterdam Jul 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM

I will be visiting Amsterdam in October, 2015 as a solo woman traveler for six days. I want to use the water taxis and would appreciate how they work.
      I'm also curious as to how safe Amsterdam is for a woman traveling alone.
      Thanks.

more
    • cat travel to Uk

Amsterdam Jul 10, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hi can you help ,I will be traveling with my cat from Montreal to the UK via Amsterdam,
      I need a solution that is not to complected as I will be carrying cat and luggage.
      I was hoping to take p&o to Hull but seems I cannot as a foot passenger anymore .
      so it seems I can go to Hook of Holland but it all seems rather complicated and a long journey for my cat stuck in a cage (::
      how would I get there , should I fly then book overnight somewhere and get to ferry next day ? any all advice welcome .
      thanks Lyn

more
    • Travelling from Amsterdam Schiphol to the Hook of Holland

Amsterdam Jul 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Hi! I'll be travelling from Schiphol to the Hook of Holland with a cat on August 17th. I've been looking at the train times and decided on the 15.16 train from the airport. It arrives at Schiedam Centrum at 16.03 and I'll have 4 minutes to swap from an Intercity train on platform 3 to a Sprinter train on platform 2. Is this doable? I'm stressing out a little in case I'll have to change platforms via an overpass, I'll have about 40kgs of luggage with me (and a cat). Are the platforms beside each other? Thanks for answering!

more
    • ColoBear's Profile Photo

Family holiday in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 22, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi all,

I've been to Amsterdam twice with my boyfriend, but it was just us being young, drinking, smoking, blah blah. This May I want to bring my two children with me. One will be a three yr old boy, and the other will be a one yr old girl.

Im looking for any city centre hotels with balconies, as I dont want to actually leave the room for a cigarette at night☺ if anyone has any suggestions on hotels with balcony rooms, please let me know the name☺

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do there with two children, feel free to inform me! I havent a clue about what their is for children, except the boat rides and zoo

Thanks in advance

more
    • train journey

by roddevine Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 3:26 AM

hi-soon i am planning a train journey from schiphol to heiloo station-looks like i take the alkmmar line??

3 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • Tandem rental

by geoffhongkong Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Does anyone know if Alkmaar or close by (a bus ride) I can rent a tandem I am coming from Leiden for the Friday cheese market and return to Leiden hotel same day then 2 days in amsterdam. Also any ideas where to go for the Friday afternoon after the market visit thanks Geoff

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • Horse racing in Alkmaar

by midnightmids Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Hi there, I'm planning a trip to Amsterdam in April and we want to include some horse racing. I see that there is a track in Alkmaar (drafcentrum)? I would appreciate any information such as location, when the race days are and at what times etc. Also is it easy to get to from Amsterdam (where we will be staying) Many thanks for any help in advance.

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • Going out in Alkmaar

by Tamartje Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 7:56 AM

HI guys!

I'm coming to Alkmaar in September with a friend, we'll be in Alkmaar for one night (two nights actually, but on the first one we're going to see Blof :) )
      Any recommendations for where to go at night?
      I know it's a small place, so there might not be many options?
      (I wonder if it's better to be in Amsterdam? Don't feel like, though)

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 1:08 AM
    • Silvercabin's Profile Photo

Cheese Market

by Silvercabin Online Now May 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I hope to be there in April, 2012. Will they have the Cheese Market on Friday, April 6, 2012, Good Friday?

2 Answers May 12, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    • Alkmaar B&B question

by wompbomp Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 8:18 AM

We hope to visit Alkmaar next May; we plan to stay 3 or 4 nights. Is anyone familiar with Pension Onassis? They seem to be centrally located, and offer a room with private bath for 70 euros per night. Other accommodations with private bath seem to be considerable more. We are open to suggestions. We prefer to keep our lodging costs down so we can visit Europe more often and stay longer! Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Nov 15, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    • bbcrayon's Profile Photo

Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar Cheese Market

by bbcrayon Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I will be arriving Netherlands, Schiphol Airport on 24 Apr 09, Friday at 7am. I would like to visit the Alkmaar Cheese Market on the same day right after I arrive. I have the following questions, will be much appreciate if someone can advise:

1).I'm not sure how fast the Netherlands immigration office process will take. However, if I take a train leaving airport at 8am, do you think it's possible to arrive at the Cheese Market before 9:30am?

2). Where can I find the train schedule from Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar? How frequent is the train?

3). As I will have my baggage with me, should I leave the luggage at the locker at Alkmaar station? Do they have a locker for 25" baggage? How much will be the locker rental?

4). From the Alkmaar train station, how can I get to the Cheese Market? Is it within walking distance?

Many thanks!

3 Answers Apr 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    • Luggage Lockers in Alkmaar?

by mosaics Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM

We will be arriving by train for the Alkmaar Cheese Market before heading on to Amsterdam. Does the train station have lockers where we can stash our luggage for the day?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM
    • Hotels in Alkmaar

by JimJams Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 1:53 PM

Hi I am thinking of coming to Alkmaar for a football match Alkmaar v Middlesbrough. Can you recommend a hotel.

How long will it take by train from Airport to Alkmaar?

Many Thanks

Jim.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2005 at 11:37 AM