Alkmaar Travel Answers

change location
bbcrayon's Profile Photo

Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar Cheese Market

by bbcrayon Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I will be arriving Netherlands, Schiphol Airport on 24 Apr 09, Friday at 7am. I would like to visit the Alkmaar Cheese Market on the same day right after I arrive. I have the following questions, will be much appreciate if someone can advise:

1).I'm not sure how fast the Netherlands immigration office process will take. However, if I take a train leaving airport at 8am, do you think it's possible to arrive at the Cheese Market before 9:30am?

2). Where can I find the train schedule from Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar? How frequent is the train?

3). As I will have my baggage with me, should I leave the luggage at the locker at Alkmaar station? Do they have a locker for 25" baggage? How much will be the locker rental?

4). From the Alkmaar train station, how can I get to the Cheese Market? Is it within walking distance?

Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar Cheese Market

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM

1) Schiphol - Alkmaar is less than an hour, and there are four trains per hour. Getting to Alkmaar always involves a change, but the planner on the NS website gives you platform numbers, and stations are easy to navigate so don't worry.
    2) see www.ns.nl
    3) The Netherlands is metric. Luggage lockers are available at Alkmaar, the small ones measure 90x45x40 cm and the big ones 90x60x40 cm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Re: Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar Cheese Market

by Pijlmans Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 8:33 AM

See this site for public transport: http://www.9292ov.nl/9292ov1.asp

You can buy train tickets from the machines at Schiphol.

I think the cheesemarket is from 10.00-12.30 so you'll be on time.

Cheers
    Dennis

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Schiphol Airport to Alkmaar Cheese Market

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

4) Yes, it's within walking distance (There will be signs at the station).

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines