Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• denisadenisa's Profile Photo

Reliable Tour operator

Nemrut Golu Mar 26, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Hi,
      I'am trying to find a safe and reliable agency for having that famous 3 days tour to Mount Nemrut from Cappadocia. Turkish Heritage is ridiculous expensiv, it would be 375 euro a single without meals, so....
      Some travelers were very dissapointed in some trips advertised as excellent and proved to be with old vans, without AC, awfull hotels, bad drivers and guides, etc..
      Any advice would be very helpful, I do not want a cheap trip, but a fair quality-price ratio!!!!!!

more
    • From SAW airport Istanbul

Istanbul Mar 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are arriving at SAW Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 7pm. What is the easiest and safest way to get to our hotel in Sultanhamet district. We do not want to take a taxi.

more
    • how long does it take from Istanbul to amasra? Can you fly to a nearby township?

Amasra Mar 4, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Can you take a plane from istanbul to amasra, or to a nearby town?

more
    • Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte

Istanbul Mar 17, 2015 at 1:56 AM

How to arrive by train from Besiktas to Fatih (Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte)?
      Thank you.

more
    • How Best to get from Bodrum to Rhodes by ferry.

Bodrum Mar 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM

What is the best way to travel from Bodrum to Rhodes on either Saturday 20th or Sunday 21st June 2015. We are a senior couple - on a tight budget travelling from Brisbane Australia to Turkey and the Greek Islands. I believe you can get a bus to Mamaris from Bodrum but I don't think there is one early enough to connect with the 9am catamaran to Rhodes. We'd prefer not to stay in Mamaris if we can avoid it. Does a later ferry operate in JUne?
      Also is there a reliable ferry service of some kind from Bodrum to Rhodes
      Also how do you get from Rhodes port to accommodation in the old Rhodes town?

more
    • From Batumi to Trbzon

Trabzon Mar 19, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Is their any train from Batumi to Trbzon?

Thanks

more
    • HappyGilmore's Profile Photo

Marmaris Mid March

Marmaris Mar 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM

What is there to do in Mid March? We arrive 22/03/15 for one week and we are staying at the Rosy Hotel. Any tips greatly received.

more
    • Marmaris or Icmeler?

Marmaris Mar 3, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Hi

Me and my wife a looking to head to Turkey for our 1 year anniversary (we are 24 and 26 years old). We plan to mainly relax at the resort but we'd also like to swim with dolphins, chill by the beach and possibly do some watersports. Which town do you think would suit us better? Also which town embodies more of the Turkish culture and less of the British holiday party scene?

Thanks! :)

more
    • Travelling alone to Istanbul

Istanbul Mar 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Hello I will be travelling to Istanbul for work alone from April 8 to April 13 2015..I have never been there and would like to hit the bars and clubs but have never done that alone..so if theres anyone travelling on similar dates..please send me a message and we can plan something up.
      27 year old guy.Also is it safe to hit the clubs alone at night?

Thanks

more
    • Belve's Profile Photo

24 hour visit

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 12:37 AM

In June I will be in Istanbul for just 24 hours, midday Wednesday to midday Thursday, between flights (Tashkent to New Zealand via Istanbul). Can anyone please recommend a comfy & safe place to stay, with easy public transport access from the airport, and a couple of interesting places to visit nearby?
      Thankyou to Nita300 for the Airport Baggage Service recommendation.
      And thankyou to all you wonderful people out there who read and respond to so many queries.
      As I plan my first travels in 2 years I look forward to both asking and answering questions

more
    • is it safe to travel to Van in 2015?

Van Mar 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Considering the war between Turks and Kurds

more
    • Where is the Main Bus Terminal in Istanbul.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM

We are a senior couple who want to travel from Istanbul to Bodrum - and then on to Rhodes.
      We are staying at the Star Holiday Hotel in the Sultanahmet and will need to get to the Istanbul Otgar on that side of town. Is it affordable to get there by taxi? We will be travelling just on the night before Ramadam Wed 17th June 2015 and are wondering if that is going to affect out trip. Also I'm not sure if we can get the hotel to book the bus ticket or whether to do that on the internet.
      Any suggestions or information re bus companies etc would be greatly appreciated. I have read some of the posts on the VT website but some of them are a bit older and I am not sure if the information is still relevant.

more
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Best Location for 1 week stay

Istanbul Mar 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hello Folks,

In September, I'll be visiting Istanbul with my wife, baby and two other friends. We'll be renting an apartment during our stay and I'd like to get your advice on the best location. Because we're with a baby we're a little slower and less mobile, so I'd like to stay somewhere that is beautiful (views, surroundings) and that is convenient to shops, pedestrian areas etc. Gone are the days of flopping out anywhere and ranging far and wide.

My question is: What is the ideal place to rent an apartment for a week's stay in Istanbul?

Thank you!

Giampiero

more
    • Non-touristy day activities.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

So far, I;ve planned to take french class after training for 2 hours at gym in the morning. That's not enough activity. however. I want more. Any suggestions?
      It's a 2 months tour.

more
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Coastal Spot in Turkey or Greece after Istanbul

Turkey Mar 19, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Dear Friends. I'll be visiting Istanbul in September with wife, baby, and some friends. We'll be staying in Istanbul for a week and then have 5 days or so at our disposal to visit coastal Turkey or perhaps jump off to one of the Greek islands off the coast.

My question is this. Where would you go? Can you recommend a nice place to visit that is beautiful and not over run by mass tourism?

Are there any difficulties getting to the Greek islands from Turkey?

Thank you!

more

Near Aliveren