Alice Springs Travel Answers

change location
stanrubin's Profile Photo

Hotels???

by stanrubin Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 4:53 PM

We will be in Alice Springs for two days after spending two days at Ayers Rock and then taking the AATKINGS Tour to Alice. There are not many too choose from, however we would like one that is centrally located as we will not have a car.
My instinct is The Crowne Plaza...Does that make sense...??....convenience and comfort are the primary factors, not$$...Thanks!! Stan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels???

by tropicrd Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hi--yes The Crowne Plaza is a good choice--I also think The Chifley Resort Hotel
    which is in Central Alice Springs and on the bank of the Todd River is quite nice. It is near the town centre and flat strolling.

Here is a link:

http//www.discoveraustralia.com.aunorthern_territory_accomodation

Most accomodation around the Alice have shuttle buses to and from the town centre.

Wishing you a wonderful time in the red centre.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stedeb's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels???

by stedeb Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

The Quest is also nice I stayed there for about 6 weeks and was very happy it is on the Town Centre side of the Todd River and not to far to walk into town. Crowne Plaza has a great restaurant Hannimans (? not sure of spelling) very eclectic Asian. If you are after local paintings see the locals selling there work in the mall at the weekend a lot cheaper than from the galleries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines