Alice Springs Travel Answers

change location
hsm's Profile Photo

Visit to Uluru

by hsm Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM

My friend and I are planning to visit the Uluru geological site.
We have 2 choices of flying from Sydney to Ayres Rock or Sydney to Alice Springs. GRAY LINE has 2 tours to ULURU. The first one starts from Ayres Rock at 12:30 pm and finishes at 7:30 pm. The second one starts from Alice Springs at 6:30 am and finishes at 11:30 pm; its such a long trip. Is the first trip better than the second one considering that our main interest is the Uluru geological site?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Visit to Uluru

by vtveen Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM

If your main interest is Uluru Iwould fly into Ayers Rock.

An alternative could be flying into Alice Springs and a trip (guided or rental) car to Uluru, visiting Glen Helen, Mereenie Loop and Kings Canyon.

happy travels
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM

This really depends upon WHEN you are visiting Uluru. If you are going in the cooler months, the afternoon tour will be ok- but if its hot, and it gets VERY hot in late spring/summer- take the morning tour (from Alice Springs).

• Tasmania's Profile Photo

by Tasmania Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I think you should allow a couple of hours for finding that friend of yours when he wanders off. (Hi Jess)
    But seriously, it is a long way from Alice Springs to Uluru, the shorter trip will not give you much time at the rock, assuming that they are both by bus.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines