Alice Springs Travel Answers

change location

Melbourne to Alice Springs 4WD trip

by qiana Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 11:05 PM

hey guys,

im planning a 4WD holiday from Melbourne to Alice Springs, and we will be going with 3 4WDs.

im just wondering if anyones done this trip b4 and would like to give me some tips on routes, things to bring, or must visit places.

people in my 4WD also likes to take the plane back from Alice Springs, and ship the 4WD back to melbourne through a freight company, any recommendations for that?

it would be really helpful if any experienced people can give me any tips for this.

thanx everyone!

feel free to add me to MSN if u got some good tips and is happy to share with us!
my MSN is: qiana50@hotmail.com

thank you again!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Melbourne to Alice Springs 4WD trip

by Anne12 Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 1:03 AM

I did this trip last year. I left Melbourne late June, went across to Adelaide, up the centre to Alice/Uluru and then onward to Darwin, via Broome:)I didn't have a 4x4 ,( just a very reliable all wheel drive, Forrester Subaru) but I still did loads of 4x4 stuff further up from Uluru, Gibb River Rd being one of these.
    Seeing as you have a 4x4 you really should check out the maps for off the beaten path stuff, there are many books and maps for this type of thing.I flick the pages of these in Newsagents:)
    Otherwise you will not find much 4x4 stuff:)
    There is also some great 4x4 online groups, just google 4x4 sites and you will find them, you can ask questions and these guys seem very experienced.
    I will email you next week.........I have a week off work and will be able to think!:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines