Alicante Travel Answers

change location
miki64's Profile Photo

2 days in Alicante

by miki64 Online Now May 28, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Anyone in alicante on june 21/22??
What about hotel maritimo, is good to stay?
How reach the centre from the airport?
Any saggestion for good tapas?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Aitana's Profile Photo

Re: 2 days in Alicante

by Aitana Online Now May 28, 2010 at 3:46 AM

From the airport to Alicante city center the best is the bus, line C6. Every 20 minutes. Have a look at my transportation tips, you will see the link to the bus company with maps, etc.:
    Alicante Transportation Tips by Aitana

The situation of the hotel is OK. I have no references, I think it is quite new.

Alicante is not the best place for tapas but I'd recommend you the taberna Raco del Pla: calle Navas 40. Excellent. Very near is El Cisne (calle Bazan and calle del Teatro with Cesar Elguezabal).
    Have a look at this site:
    atapear.com/guia-de-bares-de...

Have in mind that the main meal is lunch, about 2-3 pm. Try a paella (nor for dinner, this is only for tourists ;-) Also avoid "precooked" paellas. Best restaurants are Nou Manolin (Villegas 3, near calle Castaños) and Piripi (Oscar Esplá 30), but you will find thousands of restaurants that serve a good one.

Enjoy your stay here.

Carmen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Aitana's Profile Photo

by Aitana Online Now May 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM

I forgot a small detail...
    I suppose you know you will come in the middle of the Hogueras de San Juan, the main festival in Alicante. See my tips about and don't miss the "mascletá", please. Every day during the festival, at Plaza de los Luceros, 2 pm. Unless you don't like the smell of gunpowder and the big noise.
    In that period, a typical dish is "coca amb tonyina" (coca de atún), which is a cake made with tuna fish, and black figs (or early figs) as a dessert. You will find it in the "barracas", the stalls you will see all along the streets.

• miki64's Profile Photo

by miki64 Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Gracias Aitana. Puedes decirme como llegar al castillo de santa barbara (sin caminar demasiado!)

• Aitana's Profile Photo

by Aitana Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Para subir al castillo:
    a) desde el barrio de Santa Cruz, la muralla arranca justo junto a la ermita de Santa Cruz.
    b) desde el Pla, cerca del MARQ (delante de la estación del tram): puedes subir en coche un tramo y continuar andando (no recuerdo si hay que andar mucho, hace tiempo que no subo).
    c) hay un ascensor, la entrada está enfrente de la playa del Postiguet. Si eres claustrofóbico, olvídalo.

Por cierto, hoy he ido a Valencia por Alcoy. La circunvalación te evita atravesar la ciudad, pero el tramo desde Alcoy hasta casi Albaida sigue siendo lento.

• Aitana's Profile Photo

by Aitana Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Hola Miki,
    En la respuesta de ayer incluí un comentario sobre el itinerario de Alicante a Valencia que no tenía ninguna relación con tu pregunta, pensaba en otra pregunta del foro.
    Aitana

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines