Algonquin Provincial Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto 1 hours ago

Hello< I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

Here are some links I've looked up

1. yelp.ca/biz/kipling-subway-s...
      2. thestar.com/opinion/columnis...
      3. forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-...
      more
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto 1 hours ago

Hello
      I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

more
    • Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

more
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

Toronto Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

more
    • Layover in Canada

Toronto Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

more
    • Muslim Woman visiting Canada

Windsor Mar 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi! I'm a young Muslim woman from Dubai, UAE coming to Canada with my brother for approximately 15-20 days on vacation in June. I've never been to Canada before so I'm really excited but apprehensive at the same time because I wear the Islamic face-veil. (Although I've heard Canadians are nice people and are more open to other cultures) Windsor is one of our stops. Do you think I'll have a problem with wearing the veil in Windsor? I understand people might be curious and stare but I don't want to face any harassment. I plan to wear coloured ones to try and blend in a little.

Thanks! :)

more
    • seeking recommendation for a family camping with 3 preschool boys

by 5chevaliers Online Now Jan 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM

We are considering car camping using tent with 5 and half, 2 and half and 8-month old this summer. We would like to stay at the same camp site but could consider moving camp site once in order to explore more area of the park. Anyone has recommendation for a camp ground(s) that would provide the best convenience for exploring the park? What is your favourite part of the park to visit, considering the age of our kids. Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Where to start?

by nash1989 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I am taking the Park bus from ottawa to algonquin park. It is my first time taking the bus there, and i was wondering if anyone knows which location is the best to stop at. I will only be with one other person and we would like to do some hiking/trails, rent a canoe for half a day or one day, and do the back country camping instead of staying in one place. Any info on a good site for these plans would be much appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    • Christophe01's Profile Photo

canoe rental

by Christophe01 Online Now Aug 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM

In planning my next trip, I would like to spend a day in Algonquin provincial park to practice canoeing. I searched on the web but it would seem that they rent only for two days minimum. Have you ever rent a canoe for half day in the park?
      I am interested by any informations
      Thanks.

13 Answers Nov 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    • Camping in Algonquin

by randren Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM

I apologize for calling it camping - we're in an r.v. (cottage on wheels). We're planning our 1st trip to Algonquin this summer. Someone, who we have no way of contacting anymore, once told us that he stayed at Alg. in his r.v. and near that campground was a spot where you could jump into the water from the high rock on shore. Sound familiar to anyone? thanks.

• Algonquin Provincial Park Canoe Trip

by jreveillaud Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Hello to everyone,

i'm actually working to prepare a canoe trip in the Park for a group of 10 adults campers for 4 days during the month of september and i have some questions. It would be very kind if anybody could give me some answsers.

- We would like to stay all 10 together for the overnight camping but it seems that it's forbidden. Should we split our group ? What is the best solution ?

- Wich itinerary could you advice ? We would like to have the most wilderness trip that it could be and we would like to see some animals if it's possible.

- Is it very tiring ? We have some girls in our group and they are not very strong, is that a problem ?

- Wich canoe renting company do you advice and should we take a tour with a guide ?

Thank's in advance for all your answers.

Have a nice day.

Jay.

2 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    • Best Algonquin lake to find two adjacent campsites?

by rohanh Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 1:49 AM

I've been camping in Algonquin for 15 or so years, but I've mainly stuck to Rock and Opeongo. A couple of times I've noticed two adjecent sites that were close enough to be connected by a short (30 or 40 foot) path.

I'm looking to find a lake where there are two such sites close to each other. If possible, a lake where there are a few clusters of two sites next to each other (in case one is occupied when we arrive)

I realize that this is rare in Algonquin interior camping, but I've seen them a few times.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer May 8, 2008 at 3:16 PM
    • Eish's Profile Photo

Recommend a canoe route for July for novices

by Eish Online Now Feb 10, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Hello
      In July 2008, we will be in Algonquin and would like to canoe. We are 2 adults, 2 children (12 and 10). Perhaps another family with the same make-up will join us. Forgive me if some of the questions have obvious answers or I am not using the correct jargon. I have surfed the internet quite abit for recommended routes but I am absolutely overwhelmed with the detail available, and finding it tough to sift through the volume of material. So some personal recommendations would really be welcome.

Some questions:
      1. we will come from Toronto and move on to Quebec. Should we hire a car, use public transport (who?) or an outfitter?
      2. Can you recommend a 3-day, 2 night canoe trail which would be suitable for canoe novices. We hike and camp frequently, know how to read a map. Some preferences:
      a. not too many people
      b. lots of wildlife
      c. a mix of open water, river and canoe-able marsh.
      d. portages should not be too hectic.
      3. Should we hire a guide or do it on our own?
      4. We will need to hire equipment - where?
      5. What should we book in advance?
      Thanks
      Eish

6 Answers May 15, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    • Parkside Bay

by sgallah Online Now Aug 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Hello - Can anyone suggest a very good camp site in Parkside bay?

thanks

• Butt Lake

by fish4life Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 5:59 AM

Hello
      i am interesting in taking my 15 year old son and his friend up to algonquin, i have only been there once as a child and from what i remember it was a good time.
      I am trying to find directions to butt lake, i kno there is a long bumpy road way back in the bush and than u have to portage twice to get to butt lake, i live in brantford ontario and if anyone could help me that would be great.
      Fish on
      Dave

2 Answers Jul 28, 2007 at 10:25 AM
    • maximum number of campers

by rkto Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 5:46 PM

We have 8-10 people for an interior campsite... what is the risk to having too many people? the maximum is 9 people. 2 people are meeting us at the site (they arrive a few days earlier) and 2 people are only staying one night. Any thoughts? We are all very good - responsible adult campers.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM
    • Driving time

by bradnie Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Trying to calculate the driving time in a car from Huntsville to the West Gate.
      Anyone have the time.
      Thanx

6 Answers Mar 8, 2007 at 7:47 AM
    • Looking for an Algonquin Canoe Route

by DKBVDB Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 6:55 AM

My husband and I are interested in doing a 5 day canoe trip. Looking at the official canoe map, we have picked four access points: 1)Lake Opeonago and environs; 2) Grand Lake - Achray; 3) Galeairy - Whitney; and 4) Shall Lake. We are curious if people would rate one of these areas as more scenic and less traveled.

2 Answers Feb 17, 2007 at 7:24 AM
    • anyone have any info on the old hotel algonquin??

by AngelAmanda Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 3:23 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the old hotel algonquin or new of where i can find any information. My great grandfather owned the hotel at one point, and i am intersted in finding any information on it.
      Thank you,
      A

1 Answer Aug 3, 2005 at 4:30 PM
    • Short Kayak Route 30-50 km detour/loop

by puzzle Online Now Apr 19, 2005 at 4:48 PM

Hello. I am looking for a short kayak route about 30-50 km. I was wondering if there is a route that goes in a loop, so one the first day we go 30-50 km, then the 2nd daywe rest/swim etc and the 3rd day its a quicker trip home

bascially a detour on the first day

img252.echo.cx/my.php?image=...

Heres a drawn example

Hope someone can help. Thank You!

• Canoeing with Children in Algonquin Provicial Park

by Z.Kelian Online Now Mar 22, 2004 at 1:20 PM

Hi I'm planning to travel to Canada with my two Children (2 1/2 and 4 1/2 years old) in July. I'm also thinking of doing a canoe trip with my kids. Has anyone experience doing this with children? Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks

6 Answers Jan 21, 2005 at 7:31 PM