change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RE: car rental; car design centers

Detroit Feb 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM

Two Detroit-area questions:

(1) Please suggest what you think is the best current deal for a one-week economy-car rental
      pick up and drop off at Detroit-Wayne Airport. I've checked on line, of course; but seek recent, local
      feedback, if possible.

(2) In the Greater Detroit area -- aside from The Henry Ford Museum and the Chrysler Center museum-exhibit -- what in your opinion are the best current car design centers that a curious, medium-experienced adult car buff person
      can visit and learn from?

Thank you!

-- Eurycleia

more
    • airline ticket conundrum

Detroit Feb 17, 2015 at 7:33 AM

17 February, 2015.

Dear Fellow Virtual Tourist People,

I have an airline ticket problem and don't know how to solve it.
      I seek advice, please.

That is, this last Saturday I booked & paid for a round-trip ticket Europe/USA/Europe -- for a business meeting I have there about a month from now. I am freelance.

Today (Tuesday) I got word that they changed the date of my USA meeting, and now -- with the ticket I bought last Saturday -- I will arrive four days late for this
      important meeting.

How can I change or cancel my ticket and not loose the money I have paid? I still need to go to USA -- but don’t want to have to buy a whole new ticket (and forfeit the first round trip ticket!).

My credit card covers cancellation costs for: (1) medical reasons; (2) a salaried job when starting date for employment suddenly changes; (3) loss of employment; (4) employer suddenly changes my vacation dates.

Unfortunately I qualify for none of the above.

How can I change or cancel my ticket?

By the way, I have already checked with the people I bought the ticket from, and since I have paid fully for this flight (that's now the wrong date!) they will not refund or change my flight.

Last possibility: can anyone recommend a really good last-minute on line ticket deal site for Europe/USA flights?

Thank you all very much for whatever advice you might be able to give.

Yours, a worried traveler: Eurycleia

more