Algodones Travel Answers

change location

I need any information, tips, regarding travelling alone to Algodone Mexic

by Sttaar Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

It's safe to go to Algodone?

I need any information regarding travelling alone (white woman - 43) to Mexico. I am planning to go to Algodone (for dental treatment) and I read all kind of things and I don't know anymore which is the reality.
Any advice, information regarding my personal safety, the level of medical care there, will be welcome.
Thank you for reading.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: I need any information, tips, regarding travelling alone to Algodone Mexic

by Odinnthor Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

The reality is, that you pays your price and take your chances.

It is impossible to give you a blanket answer here. I know people that have reeived both excellent and really bad dental work there. There are just too many medical offices, to try to give an overall review. You really need to hear from first hand users that have good things to say, and can recommend specific offices.

As far as the town itself, it is pretty safe, and pretty much overrun with "snowbirds". (that be you....). For a border town, it is pretty clean, and fair, but you bargain for everything.

Pharmacies there are like the medical dental clinics, - it is impossible to give a blanket recommendation. This town really works on word of mouth, so it is really essential to know someone that had had excellent work done there for guidance.

gosw.about.com/od/southwestm...

I will say this though, if you are under the impression that ALL medical or dental offices in the U.S. are any different, you are mistaken. They are very much like they are in Algodone, - both excellent and average to plain bad.

So there you are. No matter, who you ask, you will get mixed reviews. The key is to get a recommendation from a satisfied (and savvy) customer. Anything else will always be just speculation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: I need any information, tips, regarding travelling alone to Algodone Mexic

by chrissypoo Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I went there with my friend. I wasn't too crazy about her first dentist but liket the next one. The office seemed cleaner and more up to date. It was not too far from the entrance, a yellow building. She was a woman and had 2 chairs in the office. Don't have the name. As long as you go in the day and stick to the main roads you will be fine. She and I have gone many times with no problems ever

• Re: I need any information, tips, regarding travelling alone to Algodone Mexic

by grugie Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I had a horrible dental experience at a dentist office today.Dr.Fidal Valdez @ 1-877-773-3426 and 602-476-1086.Location is 2 blocks south on 2nd st. turn right and half block past the church. This so called dentist was very unprofessional and so was his staff. I had 6 teeth extracted. He never introcduced himself as the dentist or told me what to expect or gave me post surgery directions.He [Valdez ] did not give me pain medication or antibiotics.He put stitches in my mouth and told me to find someone else to remove them after 10 days. My suggestion to anyone needing dental work to NOT go to FIDEL VALDEZ. He is a Quack.Make sure to get a word of mouth recommendation.

by Tabak Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM

You'll be just fine. Don't forget your passport.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: I need any information, tips, regarding travelling alone to Algodone Mexic

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Eh, two years after the fact...........d:o)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines