Alghero

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Salsa in Alghero?

by Tottenham123 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I shall visit Alghero in May as a tourist. Are there any places where you can dance salsa?

Martin
      Denmark

• Night clubs, bars etc.

by fabiansk Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Hi. We're some guys looking for a place to go out and have a good time clubbing or just socialize at a nice bar in Alghero - any recommendations? Also restaurants uf you know some good ones.

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    • Buses on Sunday?

by susnapt Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I need to get a bus from Alghero airport to Via Lido - does the 373 bus run on Sundays?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Getting from Olbia Airport to Alghero

by Globetrotter37 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Help! My friend & I need to get from Olbia Airport to Alghero on Saturday (6 August). We arrive in to Olbia at about 21:00 hours. We'd rather not hire a car & taxis seem expensive. Can anyone advise as to the best way of travelling to & from the airport? Bus? We'd be really grateful! Thank you! :-)

• om_212's Profile Photo

place to stay in Alghero

by om_212 Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM

we are looking for a B&B place to stay in Alghero for two nights in May 7-9. any recommendations? we would like to stay within Euro 25-35 per person. many thanks in advance, Olya

1 Answer Apr 25, 2011 at 5:17 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Worth the walk ?

by alectrevor Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 5:39 AM

I"m in my 70s and like walking when there is something nice to see. I understand that the Alghero train station is a 20 minute walk to centre, is this walk worth looking at or would i be better taking the bus from Sassari, i believe the bus goes to Alghero centre. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    • Where to stay?

by s_gog Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I am planning on visiting Alghero for a week to ten days in summer 2011. Me and my partner are both 20 and therefore too young to hire a car. I was wondering where the best places to stay are without a car? I am looking to be walking distance to restaurants and night life, also a beautiful beach and hotel with with pool for the day time.
      Thank you in advance for your info!!

3 Answers May 5, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    • Restaurants open on New Years Day?

by petitegourmand Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Hi! I am flying into Alghero around 5pm on New Years Day. It looks like many hotels/restuarants are closed over the winter. Can someone tell me which restuarant in the old town may be open on 1st and 2nd January for dinner and whether it is possible to book in advance? Thanks!

• Alghero to Olbia

by RomaniaRob Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM

How can i get from Alghero airport to Olbia? Im looking for a cheap way, like bus or train.

• Parking for Apartment Gioberti??

by katjoeuk Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Hey everyone, I'm very tempted to book the Apartment Gioberti in Via Giobert for two nights in mid July - I'm just a bit worried about parking? We'll have a rental car....can anyone help? I don't mind walking for a bit, but not so sure whether it's a) possible and b)safe to leave the car close by??

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this!!!

Katrin

• deaf's Profile Photo

Where DEAF???

by deaf Online Now May 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Hello

Hope you can tell me

Where can I meet deaf in Alghero, Sardinia, Italy in May 2010?
      I should be there from 26 May to 2nd June

Where can I find deaf organization or club on Sardinia?

3 Answers May 8, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    • getting around in a wheelchair in Alghero

by Pistolee Online Now Mar 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Hi,

My girlfriend and me are planning a trip to Alghero from 3 to 8 June.

I am using a wheelchair (a "manual" chair) and my girlfriend pushes me around (I have limited power so I can only take small distances myself).

So my question is: is Alghero wheelchair friendly? Are there modifications foreseen in the streets, musua etc?

What about public transport? Are buses accessible or should we take a taxi for getting around?

Any advice for wheelchair accessible hotels maybe?

Thanks a lot for any info!

Bye,

Marc

3 Answers May 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

an update

by carpfanatic Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 1:48 AM

hi

I have just had an email from my b&b in alghero and they say I can get the bus 373 to the bus station in alghero.

Can anyone tell me directions from the terminal to the bus stop and will the driver sell tickets on the bus.

Thanks to everyone for all the help so far

ryanair

by carpfanatic Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM

hi

I have just read that there is a ryanair bus stop in Alghero can anyone tell me if it is from the airport and how much is it

thanks for any help

8 Answers Oct 7, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Tottubella

by carpfanatic Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM

hi

I am flying by ryanair to alghero and stopping at a hotel in Tottubella,,,is there any buses from the airport to the hotel and if not what are the options. If there is only a taxi what are the charges in sardinia.

Thanks for any info you can give

1 Answer Oct 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM
    • a night in alghero

by lolabenalo Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Hi!
      im arriving to sardinia for a low-budjet trip in mid october and planning on doing a diving course. i arrive to alghero airport by night (23:55) , therefore i need to pass the first night in alghero.
      1. does anyone know about a nice cheap place to sleep in the night in alghero (with private rooms, we're a couple.)
      2. what options of public transportation do i have from alghero to the north-east side of the island (Olbia)?
      3. where are the best places to dive in the island? where is the less touristic and more economics areas?

Thank you!!!

1 Answer Sep 22, 2009 at 1:53 AM
    • Dancing in Alghero

by cazjoyner Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I am looking for some advice and information if anyone can help!

I am organising a hen party in Alghero on the weekend of 26th September. On the saturday night we would like to go out dancing but it seems that Ruscello and La Siesta may both be closed by then.

I would like to know if there is another bar with lively dancing open until late?

Also, i would like to book a table for us (we are 16 people) in Miques de Mirral and also a bar called El Tro, but i can't find any phone numbers for them. Does anyone have a phone number for Miques de Mirall bar or El Tro?

Grazie Mille!

• Alghero B&B

by Jackbob Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Anybody ever been in Alghero Sardinia?

4 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    • Rent a car

by polonaklanscek Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Hi!
      I`m going on vacations in Alghero in 22th of july with my friend and we need one nice couple to join us traveling to north side of sardinia. We would like to rent a car but it`s to expensive to travel alone. So if there is somebody who would join us let me now.
      P

• Borrowing a guitar in Alghero

by SalMorrison Online Now May 27, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Hi there

Ok this is a really random request! I've been asked to play guitar at a friend's wedding in Alghero in September. I'm having second thoughts about taking a guitar on a plane (heard horror stories about this and Ryanair won't let you take a guitar as hand luggage, you're supposed to book a separate seat for it!!!).

I wondered if anyone could help advise what the likelihood of borrowing a guitar when I'm there would be? Or if anyone knows someone there that I could possibly borrow one from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sally

• Are mosquitoes a problem if you are camping?

by missioned Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Are mosquitoes a problem, especially if you are camping?
      Any other tips/advice (ie weather, beach, hiking, cycling, etc..) to be prepared for a trip there in September would be much appreciated....
      Many thanks

1 Answer Aug 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM
    • cost of a taxi from alghero to bosa

by 514mkh Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM

Does anyone know how much it costs for a taxi from alghero airport to bosa. have been trying to hire a car for arrival 14/08 - no vehs available. do car hire companies keep some for visitors who can not pre book ?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2008 at 9:10 AM
    • Which Car Hire Company

by isawitfirst Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 4:34 AM

Hi there,

we are travelling to Alghero in September and are a looking for car hire. We have heard of these guys - alghero-airport-car-hire.co.... and was wondering if anyone had used them?

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 15, 2008 at 6:26 AM
    • What beaches

by Alison26 Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 6:21 AM

Hi my freinds and I are coming to alghero this week, we were just wondering what the best beaches to go to in the area are? Are there hidden beaches that we can explore and hows best to get to them. We'd prefer to go to quieter beaches.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    • claesw's Profile Photo

Bike hire and hiking routes

by claesw Online Now Jun 23, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Hi. I´m going to Alghero in july and wonder where the best place to rent a speed or mountain bike is. I also wonder if somebody has any good tips on nice routes for biking and hiking around Alghero.

Regards Claes

3 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 3:58 AM
    • Buses to and from Bosa Marina from Alghero Airport

by scotsfem Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Hello,

Could anyone tell me the frequency of buses from Alghero Airport to Bosa Marina and return Bosa Marina to Alghero Airport. I have also booked a day off the Island flying from Alghero to Pisa with the flight leaving at 8am and returning at 9pm - is there bus connections so early in the morning and late in the evening too?

If buses are not available - does anyone know how much a taxi would cost?

Thank You

3 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    • Looking for further sea fishing info...

by IvyCairo Online Now May 25, 2008 at 8:03 AM

Hi,I noted the information provided about sea fishing in response to a previous question, however I was wondering if anyone could please advise where we would be able to rent a small boat and fishing equiptment? Also are there any dangerous currents or anything of the like to be aware of around Porto Conte if we were to swim off the boat?

Ivy

1 Answer May 25, 2008 at 1:13 PM
    • Tourist Train

by beccibo Online Now May 24, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I am going to be visiting Alghero soon and was wondering where do you go to board the tourist train that goes around the village?

2 Answers Jun 28, 2008 at 12:20 AM
    • Kat&Debs's Profile Photo

what is the weather right now???

by Kat&Debs Online Now May 15, 2008 at 9:39 AM

hello all,

could anybody please let me know what is the weather like right now?
      we are coming to Alghero on Saturday (17th May) morning and praying for warm sunshine.
      i have been looking at the weather forecast past few days and it looks a bit mad - showers, clouds...
      also, what are the temperatures?
      thanks so much, just so we know what to be prepared for...
      Kat&Rob
      xxx

4 Answers May 16, 2008 at 10:47 AM
    • Kat&Debs's Profile Photo

Alghero-where to salsa and where to buy nice fruit?

by Kat&Debs Online Now May 14, 2008 at 6:11 AM

hello,

we are staying in Alghero next week (hooray) and I was wondering if there is a market/shop where we can buy fresh fruit daily. we have spent there a few days last summer but never found anywhere that would sell fruit.
      also, are there any salsa clubs in town?

thanks so much!!!
      Kat&Rob