change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ClaudiaP11's Profile Photo

help i need infomation about visiting algeria

Algeria Feb 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I am an American USA citizen what should I need to visit Algeria?

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Visiting Mostaganem

Mostaganem Feb 12, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hello,

I am from Canada, and will in sha allah be visiting Mostaganem, Algeria to meet the girl I want to marry. Any guidelines on the customs there when meeting the bride's family for the first time, and if someone can list any economical hotels in Mostaganem will be good

Thanks In Advance.

Omer

• Hotels in Mostaganem

Mostaganem Feb 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Hello,

I am from Canada, and will in sha allah be visiting Mostaganem, Algeria to meet the girl I want to marry. Any guidelines on the tradition when meeting the bride's family for the first time, and if someone can list any economical hotels in Mostaganem will be good

Thanks In Advance.

Omer

• Cycle touring in Algeria

Algeria Jan 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I am planning a cycle camping trip from Oran to Alger (as part of a 12 month trip) and don't seem to be able to find anyone else who has done it......presumably due to the difficulty of getting a visa (working on this...). I will probably stick to the coast - are there any areas to stay away from between Oran and Alger?

• Is it safe to drive from Setif to Batna 6pm in December?

Algeria Dec 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Is it safe to take the route from Setif to Batna after 6pm in Desember? Are there any risky places on the way? Is it maybe better to travel next morning? Thank you in advance for your answers!

• boite de nuit

Tizi Ouzou Dec 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM

boite de nuit present?

• train travel Algeria.

Algeria Nov 20, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Is it safe from hassle to travel on train in Algeria for white western men?

2 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    • to travee;l

Algeria Nov 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i am a us citizen
      i want to know what do i need to go for vacations to algeria, well not really vacations because my plans are to get marry with my fiance over there

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • driving through Algeria is it safe

Algeria Oct 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

we want to drive from Morocco to Tunis to catch ferry to Naples is it safe to do this ,do we need a permit ,will be in campervan so wont need accommodation

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    • Train travel.

Algeria Oct 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I want to get the train from Algiers to Constantine, could anybody tell if it is safe to do this for westerners? what about crime on the trains and i hear there is risk of kidknap if you travel by road somewhere in between these two places. is the train safer, does it stop on the way in any risky places?
      Also is it safe to tell people your from England, Also you people look for westerners staying in hotels, and do the hotel staff tell anybody that foreigners are staying there.
      Please help i really do want to visit but im so worried about it.,
      Also train to Oran, is it safe to arrive there about 7pm in the dark.

• traveling to algeria

Setif Oct 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Im traveling to setif very soon and need to know if it is safe

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • setif algeria

Algeria Oct 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I am traveling too Setif,..is it safe?

• Algiers -

Algiers Sep 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Is it safe to visit? and is 1 week enough?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • visa

Algeria Jul 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM

i have a french passeport and a green card from america. i would like to go to Algeria on an emergency.Can i take a visa in the airport while i got there

1 Answer Jul 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    • Finding budget hotels in Algeria

Algeria Jul 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I'm heading from Almeria (Spain) to Ghazaouet tomorrow, but the thing that keeps bothering me is wether I'll be able to find hotels in Algeria - budget hotels to be particular. I don't want to spend 50 EUR/night for a hotel, but all I can seem to find online is at (the very least) least 50 EUR.

Does anyone know the avaiability of budget hotels in for example Tlemcen, Oran, Algiers and Ghardaia? Will they accept foreigners?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • visa

Algeria May 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I am a British Passport holder and want to visit Algeria, do I need a visa?

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • Visa from another country?

Algeria Apr 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

First of all, 1) How hard is it to get a visa from Algeria, being an American citizen?

And 2) I will need to apply from the embassy in Paris. Will this be possible?

4 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    • Safety & hotel confirmation

Algeria Apr 9, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Hello all,

I'm likely going to visit Algeria in July, but the Dutch government advices against all but essential travel to Algeria. Since I know travel advices are a bit 'conversative' I don't take them very seriously. However, I'm certainly aware that there are unsafe places in Algeria. I'm going to visit the northern cities (Oran, Algiers and Constatine) and Ghardaia further south. Are these cities safe to visit (as a solo-traveller)?

Secondly the Algerian embassy in The Hague requires a hotel reservation in order to apply for a visa. I was looking at booking.com for a good deal, but the hotels are incredible expensive! I was actually thinking of spending 15 - 20 EUR per night, and not >60 EUR. Does anyone know how to obtain a hotel confirmation without spending alot of money? Is faking a hotel confirmation an option?

Thank you!

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    • LGG51's Profile Photo

Accomodation and bus

Annaba Sep 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi all!

Anyone who nows where to find a cheap accomodation in Annaba. And a street adress to the bus station where buses go to Tunis?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    • LGG51's Profile Photo

Bus staion in Annaba

Wilaya d' Annaba Sep 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Can anyone tell me where the bus station is in Annaba? And where to buy tickets to Tunis?

• akb90's Profile Photo

CHEAP hostel

Algiers Jul 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I am planning on going to algeria in a few weeks, hopefully. There are not any cheap hostels in algiers, algeria online, like many other countries, so I will have to find one via word of mouth. I am looking for nothing more than 15 dollars a night. Have any backpackers been to algiers? If anyone knows of some hostels that are very low budget, let me know the name and address. I would really appreciate it. I have already searched the internet. Thank you!

6 Answers Aug 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    • budget accomodation

Algiers Dec 1, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I have just google searched an looked around for budget Accomodation. I cant seem to find anything in Algiers.

What im after is either: BnB, hostel, motel, hotel

cost 10-50 USD/Euro a night.

location: either city centre or pretty mucrh anywhere in Algiers that has access to the metro/transport.

any websites or reccomendation will be helpful.

P.S im a budget traveler

15 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    • Dan30's Profile Photo

Is it Easy to get a visa to Algeria

Algeria Oct 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hello VT members

I wanted to take trip to north africa maybe next year I wanted to visit Morocco & Tunisia & Algreia. I am aware that Algreia have tough visa rules not easy to get in. I am British I can get visa at airport in Morocco & Tunisia not Algreia) what advice can you give me for me to get a visa.

8 Answers Nov 16, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    • women of tlemcen

Tlemcen Oct 16, 2011 at 9:43 AM

.please tell me some customs about your women,they seam to be reat people.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    • etfromnc's Profile Photo

Tourist Itinerary

Algeria Sep 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM

My trip to Tindouf seems to be coming together for about half of November. Afterward, I have been trying to arrange to see (at least) Algiers and Constantine and I think that I have discovered a way to make that happen. My question is which locations should be at the top of my priority list after these two cities? My primary interests for this (after)trip are history, though not necessarily pre-history, and culture. I would also like to experience something of the Berber and Touareg cultures. More time is available than money.
      Thanks!!

3 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    • liacristina's Profile Photo

estou viajando para Argélia em agosto dia 26/08, e quero saber se tem algum guia que possa me ajuda

Algiers Jul 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM

olá amo muito a cultura e estarei de viagem nestas férias para dois locais: Espanha e Argélia, quero muito conhecer estas duas cidades, mas infelizmente não conheço ninguém por lá que possa me auxiliar, por favor se houver alguém que vá até lá neste período ou que esteja morando em Argélia gostaria muitissímo de uma companhia pelas ruas da Argélia! Obrigada
      meu email: cristinasol2011@bol.com.br

• Vacation

Algeria Jun 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I am looking to visit Chlef Algeria, later this year. I've read the travel advisory and it does not look good, a lot of negative publicity about Algeria as a whole can anyone advise me please?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    • Tassili N'Ajjer and Tassili du Hoggar

Algeria Apr 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Hello!
      Tell me, please, the Algerian tour-operators who organizing trips to Sahara (Tassili N'Ajjer, Du Hoggar etc), but in Russian language.

If those aren't available, please, tell me how to get to parks Tassili N'Ajjer and Tassili du Hoggar without the guide and without purchase the tour.

Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    • Algiers. Questions...

Algiers Mar 23, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hello.

Tell me please, good beaches of Algiers!
      I'll be living in a hotel "Grand Hôtel des Étrangers", near the railway station "Gare Centrale".
      I ask them to indicate on a map and tell how to get to.

When is it best to go to Algeria, that could swim to the sea and in the desert is not too hot?

Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    • From Algeria to Morocco

Algeria Mar 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Hello!
      In the future I plan a trip to the countries of Maghrib (as soon as there to come to an end disorders).

And so a problem. A shock for me was that the border of Morocco-Algeria is closed!
      I planned the travel by train, since by plane very expensively for me (Algiers-Casablanca - 361$).

Whether probably somehow cheaply and quickly to get from Algeria to Morocco? Not necessarily by the ground, it is possible and by sea...
      But escape Europe! (I, as the citizen of the Russian Federation, will spend many money and nerves for Schengen visa registration, though I am not going to live in Europe even day)

Interesting information I found in Russian (I have translated):

#1:
      The border with Morocco closed in 1984. About her go to all kinds of rumors. Most people say that the border is closed completely and passage through it impossible. But there is also such opinion that the foreigner who has written out in police a certain paper, can pass through frontier transition Maghnia - Oujda. Unfortunately, this information has not been tested by anyone. (ve.free-travels.ru/articles/...

#2:
      From Algeria it is possible to get two ways. The overland border which long time was closed, has opened recently, but only for foreigners, therefore the local can wrongly consider that it is closed. Unique transition – near the Moroccan Oujda. Transition under Béchar is closed. Trains don't go to Algeria. (ve.free-travels.ru/articles/...

Help me, please.
      Thanks.

9 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 11:54 AM