Algeria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Changing Money

Algeria Mar 26, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I'm traveling to algeria how or where can I do to change us money into Algerian money? please help

3 Answers 1 hours ago
    • sajidubaidulla's Profile Photo

Travelling to Algiers

Algeria Feb 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Am Planning a trip to Algiers to meet my girlfriend. I get to know that unmarried are not allowed to stay together in one hotel room. Is this true or i should book only for myslef. We both are Muslims and am an Indian, travelling from from far away. Please anyone can advise me on this.

4 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 4:42 AM
    • MelissaA8's Profile Photo

going to algeria

Algeria Feb 17, 2015 at 7:08 AM

Want to go to algeria from uk could anyone give me advise please whats it like please message me thank you

16 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    • where does it located exactely in algeria

Wilaya de Constantine Jan 24, 2015 at 12:37 AM

where does it located exactely in algeria

1 Answer Jan 24, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    • Music tour around the mediterranean

Algeria Dec 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM

I am a musician that wants to tour the mediterranean. I will start in morocco and travel eastward to Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt.

The plan is to buy a cheap car in Algeria and start travel east. It sounds simple, but I guess there will be some challenges along the way. The norwegian foreign affairs advocates people to not go to Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt now. That is something that I am a bit suspicious about and I think it is best to make up my own opinion about security in these countries. I hope members in this forum can help me in this matter.

The tour is still in a planning stage, and it will hopefully become a reality in late 2015 or spring 2016.

I am wondering about the security situation in Algeria and I am also very curious about how it is to cross the border from Morocco and into Algeria. Can anyone help me about these matters?

9 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • Stroller's Profile Photo

How much does taxi cost for airport to city center in Algiers?

Algeria Dec 16, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Thank you very much in advance for your advice!

4 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 4:27 AM
    • Working in Algiers OR Hassi Messaoud

Algiers Nov 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Hello Guys,
      I will be working in Algiers or Hassi Messaoud. I'm wondering how much freedom I would have.
      I'm Canadian caucasian and working in the oil/gas industry. Putting data into software.
      Would I be able to run along the beach. I'm not much into sightseeing so I would only want to get outside because of cabin fever etc..

Thanks in advance.
      Canadian Guy

4 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • Stroller's Profile Photo

Are Algiers, Oran and Mostaganem safe right now?

Algeria Oct 30, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Hi, I'm thinking of travelling to Algeria with my wife and 6 year old son at the end of December. Could anyone tell me if it is safe to travel to Algiers, Oran and Mostaganem? What will be the best means of transport between these places? Will one week be too tight to visit all the three? Many thanks in advance!

11 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Traveling to Algeria?

Algeria Oct 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm a woman that is a us citizen from Miami, I'm planning to travel to Algeria to visit my boyfriend. What do I need to do? Also I'm planning to travel June 2015. Is it safe? Please help :)

14 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Medical exam

Algeria Sep 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if they are charging 450.00 for an exam to get out of Africa at the airport?
      Need a response adapt! Thank you

3 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • English speaking guide for tour of Casbah in Algiers

Algeria Sep 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am travelling to Algeria in December 2014 and would like to know if i can hire an English speaking guide to take me on a tour through the old Casbah of Algiers. My stay will be very short, 3-4 hours. If someone knows a travel company or availability to hire a guide in the Airport, kindly tell me that.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Tradtional/local face creams..products from Algeria.

Algeria Aug 18, 2014 at 12:24 AM

A friend will be in Algeria..would like her to pick up a couple things since she asked....what are some of the local tradtional face creams made in Algeria and used? Or any other special ointments etc? I like searching for those tradtinal long tme products from countries! Many thxs!

2 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • artofvintage's Profile Photo

Travel to Tamanrasset

Tamanrasset Jul 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I want to travel to Tamanrasset. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to go there now and what is the best way to get there from UK…or Morocco. I am a woman travelling alone.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM
    • Tiparoch's Profile Photo

Englsh speaking guide in Tamanrasset...?

Wilaya de Tamanghasset Jul 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I have a visa to Alergia, ticket to Tam...but the guide I was in contact with has disappeared. Anyone have a contact of a company that can set something up ? Leaving soon! I have some French...SOME..and a tiny bit of Arabic..but phrasebooks.. :--) any ideas?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    • Boattrip Alger

Algeria Jul 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Is there any chance that we can make a boattrip/ dive in Alger??

JUST FOR 1 DAY!!  so not a ferry to Marseille etc. but a little boat... If so, where can i book it and what is the price?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • GulsahG's Profile Photo

Money submit & change

Algeria Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Do I have to submit my money (dolars or euros) to someone in airport? And for example, if I forget to submit how much money I have, can I still exchange it to dinars in Alger?

6 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    • vanessacosta's Profile Photo

Travel with my son to Algeria

Algeria Jul 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Hello there,

I want to travel with my 2 year old son for Algeria. We are of Portuguese origin. I'm not married or divorced, I'm a single mother. I want to know what we need to go to Algeria. Quesque I need and quesque my son need? Can you give me any info please?

Thank you,
      Vanessa

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • cwaterbury's Profile Photo

Black Market Rate in Algiers

Algeria Jul 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM

How easy is it to change Dollars on the black market? What is the present rate approx?

6 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

Algeria Jul 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM

How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

1 Answer Jul 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • maykal's Profile Photo

Money in Algeria

Algeria Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Just sent my visa application to the Algerian Consulate in London, so hopefully will be in Algeria in August (I know it isn't the best time to travel, but I've always wanted to go and this is the only time I can!).

Now I'm wondering about money. Will I be able to withdraw cash from ATMs using a debit or a credit card, or do I need to take enough cash with me? I've got the Bradt guide from 2007 which says there are very few ATMs that don't always take foreign cards, but 7 years later maybe things have changed.

Are British pounds easy to exchange, or should I take Euros? Any other advice about where to exchange money would also be welcome.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Algeria. Some good travel agency in Oran or Algier?

Algeria May 31, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I will arrive in Oran the 5th June. I have 20 day to enjoy the country. I return home from Algier, the 25th.
      Some advice about places, transportation, dessert, ...?
      Thanks.
      Comments in VT are old, from 2007.
      Dr Roma Massot, Barcelona

• tobacco from Algeria

Oran May 25, 2014 at 6:25 AM

How much duty payed tobacco can I bring back from Algeria into the uk legally. I know that for duty free tobacco the guidlines are 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco. I wanted to know how much Tobacco I can take back with me if it is bought in Algeria and is taxed already?

• Wearing Shorts

Oran May 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Are you allowed to wear shorts in Algeria. do people see this as inappropriate?

3 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • Vita notturna ad Orano

Oran May 1, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Quando e cosa fare ad Orano la notte?

4 Answers May 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Beach amenities

Les Sablettes Apr 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM

What amenities are available at the beach? Beverages? Lunch? Lockers for clothes? Beach Umbrellas and chairs?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    • ClaudiaP11's Profile Photo

help i need infomation about visiting algeria

Algeria Feb 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I am an American USA citizen what should I need to visit Algeria?

4 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    • Visiting Mostaganem

Mostaganem Feb 12, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hello,

I am from Canada, and will in sha allah be visiting Mostaganem, Algeria to meet the girl I want to marry. Any guidelines on the customs there when meeting the bride's family for the first time, and if someone can list any economical hotels in Mostaganem will be good

Thanks In Advance.

Omer

• Hotels in Mostaganem

Mostaganem Feb 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Hello,

I am from Canada, and will in sha allah be visiting Mostaganem, Algeria to meet the girl I want to marry. Any guidelines on the tradition when meeting the bride's family for the first time, and if someone can list any economical hotels in Mostaganem will be good

Thanks In Advance.

Omer

• Cycle touring in Algeria

Algeria Jan 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I am planning a cycle camping trip from Oran to Alger (as part of a 12 month trip) and don't seem to be able to find anyone else who has done it......presumably due to the difficulty of getting a visa (working on this...). I will probably stick to the coast - are there any areas to stay away from between Oran and Alger?

• Is it safe to drive from Setif to Batna 6pm in December?

Algeria Dec 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Is it safe to take the route from Setif to Batna after 6pm in Desember? Are there any risky places on the way? Is it maybe better to travel next morning? Thank you in advance for your answers!