Algeciras Travel Answers

change location
littlelawyer's Profile Photo

buses to Tarifa / hotels

by littlelawyer Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Buenos tardes...

How easy is it to get a bus from Algeciras to Tarifa, for a ferry to Tangier, on a Saturday morning? Hoping to stay in a hotel after arriving by train.

And can anyone recommend a website for hotels in Algeciras (or a hotel)

Thank you very much

L

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: buses to Tarifa / hotels

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I took a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier. Any reason why you can't do the same?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: buses to Tarifa / hotels

by alfred_the_great Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Buenos dias! You can get a ferry from Algeciras or Tarifa but since about 18 months ago all ferries from Algeciras go to the new port called Tanger-Med and then people going to Tangiers get a ferry organised bus transfer and get dropped off somewhere near the main bus terminal in Tangiers I believe. Then it is a question of taking a 'petit taxi' to the destination.
    Or at Algeciras ferry terminal you can go to either the FRS or COMARIT desk and they can sell you a ticket to cross on the alternative route from Tarifa to Tangier city port. I think you can just buy this as soon as you arrive and check to see which ferry is leaving next if you are in a hurry. You could look up ferry timetables on the two web sites from Tarifa to Tangiers city.

Algeciras hotels range from fle pits to modern. Depending on your budget and I suspect that as you are a little lawyer your budget could be middling to high then I think you have two options.

AC Hotel Algeciras by Marriott is modern and not too far away from the ferry terminal or bus station but you probably require a taxi.

Hotel Globales Reina Cristina is a grand pile set in gardens that was built for the British garrison in Gibraltar and has been modernised but still retains some faded glory feeling. From this hotel you can walk down to the ferry terminal in under 20 minutes.

Finally if you want to go from Algeciras to Tarifa by public bus you can take one from San Bernardo bus terminal and the timetable is on here:
    http://www.ctmcg.es/
    Buen Viaje!!!

by alfred_the_great Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 5:34 AM

I just remembered a hotel right above the bus station San Bernardo and opposite the train station in Algeciras. Called the VIME Octavio - I suppose if you just want a bed for the night it may be ok but depends on the cost etc.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi...

• windpaard's Profile Photo

Re: buses to Tarifa / hotels

by windpaard Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 8:07 AM

there are several busses between algeciras and tarifa,you can also sleep in tarifa, is a nice old city.

by GibJoe Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I know that one of the companies have a free bus service from Algeciras at the port to Tarifa port, you would have to buy the ticket at Algeciras. But anyway as said above the bus station is opposite the train station and the tickets are cheap. I would stay the night in Tarifa town, not in Algeciras. Be careful with pickpockets in train station at Algeciras.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines