Algeciras Travel Answers

change location
jalalm6's Profile Photo

Coming to algeciras on the ferry

by jalalm6 Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM

hello guys, i have drove all the way from england to morocco now im on my way back home i will buy a satellite dish in morocco to take to england, do i have to pay import duties at algeciras port? or export duties at tanger port? i will be gratefull to see your replies guys. thx

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Coming to algeciras on the ferry

by leics Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Can't help with the Moroccan info but you can only import goods to the value of 390GBP into the UK from non-EU countries. So make sure you keep your receipt and that the total value of what you have bought outside the EU does not exceed the limit:

direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroo...

direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Spain allows import of goods up to a total value of 430 euro:

iatatravelcentre.com/ES-Spai... regulations

• jalalm6's Profile Photo

by jalalm6 Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 2:40 AM

the item what im bring is worth 20 euros and it's a satellite dish, will the spanish border charge me money for export duties?

• johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM

I dont think they'll be bothered at €20 mate. But as someone said take the receipt with you. Fascinated why you couldn't get a dish in England, we're awash with them! Surely it's the LNB and decoder that are important if you want Morocco channels etc? I get Hispasat from Spain and I know you can also get the Astra and Hotbird satellites combined now. There are firms that deal with this sort of thing, but I'm sure you have a good reason?

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM

The link I gave makes it clear that you are allowed to import goods up to a value of 430 euros before duty is charged.

But you should keep the receipt. And you should consider anything else you may buy in Morocco as well and keep those receipts. It is the total value of all the goods you import, not just of one item.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines