Algeciras Travel Answers

change location

Algeciras port parking and bus stop

by redtag62 Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM

I'm to catch the bus at the port of Algeciras, to go to Tarifa for FRS ferry to Tangier. Passage on the bus, and back, is supposed to be free.

Exactly where is the bus stop? Is there parking near, or should I take a taxi 5km from my hotel (and back)? Does anyone know the cost of parking at the port?

Redtag62

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Algeciras port parking and bus stop

by puerto_lover Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM

Maybe I am being stupid, but why can't you drive to Tarifa and park your car at the ferry port. Drive from Algeciras to tarifa takes you around the headland and you have a good viewpoint at a cafe stopping point.
    Anyway the bus must go from the Algeciras port ferry terminal. Buses pull up outside - you can't miss them. Also in the same area are car parks but I don't know the cost - maybe 15 Euros per day ?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Algeciras port parking and bus stop

by redtag62 Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM

I probably did not explain well enough. I am staying in Algeciras. I am taking the FRS ferry and FRS-arranged tour of Tanger, leaving from Tarifa. I get free passage on the bus from Algeciras.

My question really is: would it be better/cheaper/more convenient for me to catch the free bus from Algeciras, or to drive to Tarifa, park, and try to join the tour group on the ferry? The related questions: if I try to catch the bus at Algeciras port, where do I do that? (I've never been there.) How much is all-day parking near the Algeciras port?
    Thanks.

• puerto_lover's Profile Photo

by puerto_lover Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 6:13 AM

If you open Google Maps, just insert the following into the Search box;
    Dársena de la Galera ferry terminal, 11201, Algeciras
    and this should bring up a satellite image of the ferry terminal area. Look for the car park in front of the Ferry terminal building and to the 'north' of the car parking, there is a Coach park. So if you drove or taxied to the Ferry Terminal you will see coaches parked. And some will be coming and going. I think the Tarifa Ferry coach is a "COMES" Green coach but hopefully someone else who has actually taken this journey will confirm everything.
    I would mention that there is a nice hotel (in my personal opinion) situated within walking distance of the ferry/port area called Reina Cristina. www.hotelesglobales.com It's in the Parque de las Acacias which you should see on that Google Map. The hotel has open air parking in the grounds and you can walk down to the ferry terminal in about 15 - 20 minutes.
    In my eyes the drive round to Tarifa from your hotel which is 5 kms from the ferry terminal at Algeciras, may be better as you can park at the FRS place as according to their web site:
    FRS does not hold own car parks. Passengers who wish to travel to Tanger without a vehicle, can park their vehicle on a free, unguarded car park directly behind the ticket office. It is in close vicinity to the local police station.
    You can surely collect your travel ticket etc in Tarifa.

• fpp's Profile Photo

by fpp Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 4:12 AM

Hi I hope I dont reply too late and you are already gone.
    YOu'd better take the bus that might be just at the terminal. If you have a rented car go and drive there it is very easy to reach as you will find lots of signs to Tarifa.
    I don't suggest you to take a taxi.
    I hope this helps a bit
    fpp

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines