Algeciras Travel Answers

change location

Ferry to Tangiers - for EU citizens only?

by sjohar Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 5:42 AM

HI,

I want to travel to Tangiers by ferry from Algeciras. However, I seem to remember that ferries from Algeciras are only for EU citizens, and non EU citizens have to take other ferries. Is that true? Can some one help?

Tbanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Ferry to Tangiers - for EU citizens only?

by bathman Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 5:57 AM

There are 3 ferry companies, I understand that passenger tickets are interchangeable between them, don't know about cars.
    There's no need to book in advance for any of the ferries, just turn up and buy your ticket at the port. See www.trasmediterranea.es, www.comarit.com or www.euroferrys.com or www.nautas-almaghreb.com

Although it's travel from UK, there's quite a bit about the ferry crossing in http://www.seat61.com/Morocco.htm which could be helpful

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Ferry to Tangiers - for EU citizens only?

by qaminari Online Now Jul 8, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Restriction to EU citizens applied years ago for ferries from Tarifa, never as far as I am aware for those from Algeciras.

• Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo

by Homer_Simpson32 Online Now Jul 9, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Just as a bit of info. There is now a daily ferry service from Gibraltar to Tangiers, departs at 1900hrs, and apparently there will be more crossings as from August.

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

by MaheshSamtani Online Now Jul 9, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Be sure to have your visa if needed, depending on your nationality, which they will check before you embark as well as prior to arrival in Tangiers in the ferry itself. Apart from this from what I know there are no restictions as to the origin of passengers travelling on the ferry.
    Best regards

• fpp's Profile Photo

by fpp Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Hi there are lots of ferries along the day from Algeciras.
    When you buy a ticket from a company you can use it in another one, no matter your nationality.

fpp

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines