Algeciras Travel Answers

change location
Antoniolx's Profile Photo

Shopping center and cimenas?

by Antoniolx Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Hello there!

We are a couple and we will live in San Roque soon, we like to know if have shopping centers, supermarkets and cinemas in Algeciras, somebody said have one cinema there where they put movies in English is that true?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beach_dog's Profile Photo

RE: Shopping center and cimenas?

by Beach_dog Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 9:39 AM

I´m not sure about Algeciras, but you can always visit the cinemas in Gibraltar, they will mostly be in English. If you dont mind driving for 45 minutes there are English language movies shown in Puerto Banus and La Cañada, both in Marbella.

Algecias will have shopping centers as all the towns and cities along this coast.

Hope that helps
    Stace

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

RE: Shopping center and cimenas?

by puerto_lover Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 2:04 PM

At Algeciras you have a large Hipercorp and El Corte Ingles. The restaurant in El Corte Ingles has a nice view over the Bay towards Gibraltar. I enjoyed my lunch there and left a tip. The waitress ran after me and gave me my small tip back saying that it was not company policy to accept tips. So be warned. The central area of Algeciras has a traffic free shopping road which is worth looking at.

• paulie_007's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping center and cimenas?

by paulie_007 Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 9:14 AM

The Cinema "UGC" at Los barrios has english films (look for "VO" next to the title),

see the following link:

www.ugc.es/reservation/ChoixResa.jgi?REGION=4

The cinema is next to Decathalon 7 Volkswagan showroom on the motoway between San Roque and Algercias).

Queens Cinema in Gibraltar has english films (1 screen), but the new cinema at Kings bastion will have 2 screens (opening october I think)

Algercias has varios supermarkets with other shops alongside, but does not have a shopping centre,

El corte ingles opposite the Port is a large department store, other than that "La Cañada" is the nearest big shopping centre, which is located outside marbella off the motoway (on the bus route).

another shopping centre is located at San fernando, just south of Cadiz called
    "Bahia Sur".

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines