Algeciras Travel Answers

change location

HELP ASAP NEEDED! leaving 2moro!!!

by Adam2 Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 9:38 AM

very simple question for you veterans, im hoping to be in ALGECIRAS 2moro and just wondered what the procedure for boarding a ferry was, i already have an open ticket, thanks very much for any info in an advance!!

Adam!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bliss7's Profile Photo

RE: HELP ASAP NEEDED! leaving 2moro!!!

by bliss7 Online Now Sep 2, 2005 at 10:49 AM

When I went, we just bought tickets, went upstairs, waited forever, then boarded. Maybe if you can be more specific I can be more helpful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: HELP ASAP NEEDED! leaving 2moro!!!

by dth126 Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 1:39 PM

I know I missed your request for timely info but I found your email on an internet search.
    Maybe this can help, if not, it's a fond memory of mine...After I got out of the service I needed to clear my head so I took a flight to Amsterdam and bought a used VW kombi. This was in 1973. I went to a local American Express office near the airport and rested a sign beside my bus that said simply, "A-DAM TO ALGECIRAS. WINE AND BREAD PROVIDED.150 US." I came back after showering in a public bath and found 50 kids from all over the world camped out by my bus. I quickly thought I could have charged550 but saved it for my next tour. I picked only couples, each from a different country (Australia, Japan, USA, Canada and Denmark, I think). I asked did they want to get there quickly or would they like to see some of my favorite spots along the way? They all agreed to do it my way and take a tour. Rather than taking 3-4 days to get there we spent a week and a half, sang by a fire each evening, got to make friends that have lasted to this day and all made it without a problem. Getting a ticket on the ferry to Ceuta was no problem. Just be sure to arrive at around 6AM if you can make it because they would fill two ferries then wait for the return in about 3 hours if the weather was good. If not, maybe 2 in the afternoon. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines