Algeciras Travel Answers

change location
kmcabe1's Profile Photo

Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by kmcabe1 Online Now May 9, 2004 at 11:20 AM

Does anyone know how you can book a one day tour from Algeciras to Tangiers and back? e-mail addresses or web-sites would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by brotherleelove Online Now May 9, 2004 at 12:23 PM

Here are two ferry timetables from Algeciras to Tangier to get you started: http://www.frs.es/eng/index.htm trasmediterranea.es/horarios... There are many boats each day between these two ports. While you're in Spain, inquire about guided tours using a certified guide recommended by the government's tourist office. When you're in Algeciras you can also ask at a travel agency, or when you get to Tangier before you leave the ferry port there are offices in the port building where you can ask for assistance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Re: Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by Frisbeeace Online Now Jun 14, 2004 at 2:19 PM

Hi. I took the tour last week so I have some fresh tips for you if you haven't made the trip yet. First, start the trip in Tarifa instead of Algeciras. We first went to Algeciras but the ferry takes longer and the service is more unreliable. They cancelled the only fast ferry only a few minutes from departure. We drove to Tarifa and found a nice city and a much modern terminal. The trip with Ferries Rapidos del Sur (FRS) takes only 35-45 minutes. Book the organized tour with them directly. No agencies. The cost is Euro 48.50 with all included (ferry, guide, bus and lunch). Board the 11.30 boat and come back at 18.00 (Spain time). No need to go earlier at all. It is a fascinating experience, don't miss it. Good luck.

• kmcabe1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by kmcabe1 Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 6:44 AM

Hello: Thank you for your reply. I am kind of stuck in Algeciras due to my hotel room (couldn't book a room anywhere else). Are there buses to Tarifa? Is it easy to get to and from Algeciras as I am staying there for two days then on to Sevilla.

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by Frisbeeace Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 9:31 AM

Even if you're staying in Algeciras you will enjoy the road trip to Tarifa and a quick visit to this small town. It's only a 30' drive. There must be public transportation.

• bliss7's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Tours from Algeciras to Tangiers

by bliss7 Online Now Sep 2, 2005 at 10:46 AM

On my return trip from Tangier, our ferry ticket included a bus from Tarifa back to Algeciras. Perhaps you could do the opposite, buy a package bus ticket from Algeciras to Tarifa, then ferry to Tangier.

The drive is about a half hour, it is a pretty nice drive actually. The bus station in Algeciras is across the street (and across a gigantic parking lot) from the Port station.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines