change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi Number or bus connection

Portimão Jan 10, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Hello,

Arriving in Portimao with the bus from Lisbon - Largo do Dique is where we get dropped off I believe.
      We are staying at Oasis Parque - I see it is a bit of a bus terminal around there - I am so confused with the via dem bus timetable (route 36 or 21 or 11) cannot figure it out. SO if necessary and I don't see any taxis, what number would I call and will they understand English? Sorry to ask such basics but have tried to find answers first. Many thanks!

more
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Lagos or Albufeira ??

Albufeira Jan 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Please help me decide... Lagos or Albufeira

Ive traveled plenty, but never to the Algarve Im flying into Faro in mid June, and will be hiring a vehicle.

Trying to decide a home base for 5 days. The people im with would love a beach scene and a seaside town... I like and "old town" area..... Im a big photographer, looking for the perfect photo.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rod

more

Photographing the Benagil Caves

Lagos Jan 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hello
      Is there a service that will drop you off in the Benagil Sea Cave to allow for photography?
      I realize there are many tours that go into the cave(s) but im looking to stay for an hour or so.

Thanks for your help

more

Lagos or Albufeira ??

Albufeira Jan 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Please help me decide... Lagos or Albufeira

Ive traveled plenty, but never to the Algarve Im flying into Faro in mid June, and will be hiring a vehicle.

Trying to decide a home base for 5 days. The people im with would love a beach scene and a seaside town... I like and "old town" area..... Im a big photographer, looking for the perfect photo.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rod

5 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 7:35 AM

Photographing the Benagil Caves

Lagos Jan 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hello
      Is there a service that will drop you off in the Benagil Sea Cave to allow for photography?
      I realize there are many tours that go into the cave(s) but im looking to stay for an hour or so.

Thanks for your help

5 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM
    • Taxi Number or bus connection

Portimão Jan 10, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Hello,

Arriving in Portimao with the bus from Lisbon - Largo do Dique is where we get dropped off I believe.
      We are staying at Oasis Parque - I see it is a bit of a bus terminal around there - I am so confused with the via dem bus timetable (route 36 or 21 or 11) cannot figure it out. SO if necessary and I don't see any taxis, what number would I call and will they understand English? Sorry to ask such basics but have tried to find answers first. Many thanks!

3 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 7:36 AM
    • maz100's Profile Photo

Can you walk?

Albufeira Dec 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Has anybody walked from Albufeira Old town to the coach station? My coach is at 7:40 and the buses don't start till 7. I cant phone a cab and I don't know if any will be cruising so early in the morning.

13 Answers Dec 31, 2015 at 6:08 AM
    • Winter stay for apx. 1 month

Tavira Dec 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Is this a good spot for February./March stay of 1 month? Will we be bored ..what's open? I don't want seclusion but not over run by tourists. How about the weather? Thanks

4 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 2:26 AM
    • January Nightlife

Albufeira Dec 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi, a few of us are planning to go to Albufeira in January and were wondering how many bars etc would actually be open. We went last year in march and found it very lively. I have read it is quiet and there isnt much open but we are trying to find out 'how much' is actually meant by not much? Do places stay open late that are open and roughly how many bars/clubs would be open. Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2015 at 5:57 AM
    • getting about>

Quarteira Nov 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM

hi im going next week staying in Pinhal de Sol hotel ... im not hiring a car is the public transport ok as i was maybe going to go to Villamoria... whats the weather like???? how do i get to the hotel from Faro airport? Are a lot of things closed because its out of season... all help much appreciated,,, is it a safe area? as i will be travelling alone..

2 Answers Nov 30, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    • Alvor Portugal in December

Alvor Nov 12, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Hi heading for a week in Alvor in early December. I'm not expecting great weather but thats ok. I would like some nice meals and drinks and wondered whats open that time? thanks

2 Answers Nov 13, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    • Albufeira in March

Albufeira Nov 9, 2015 at 7:51 AM

I am planning a trip to Albufeira in March......I am staying for a month.....I want to find an apt in an area where I won't need a car hire...where I can walk to find my needs for a self catering apt...is March a busy time in this area...is there a noise factor...I read that there is an active night.ife on the 'strip'...
      Any tips welcome.

6 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    • Steveknight's Profile Photo

Any works in the hostels or volunteer job to save money when traveling

Lagos Nov 8, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend gonna traveling around Europe for a year. We wondering if is there any job in hostels or any volunteers job to do to save our money before heading to Australia. We don't need a contract job or whatever we are looking for any season jobs without working permit or bar job in backpacker hostels or stuffs like that. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys

17 Answers Nov 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM
    • Ferragudo v Alvor

Alvor Oct 9, 2015 at 11:20 AM

having stayed in Ferragudo this summer there were certain aspects we enjoyed but found it a tad quiet ans small
      Is Alvor bigger and busier?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2015 at 4:37 AM
    • buying cider

Carvoeiro Oct 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM

can someone tell us if there is a supermarket like aldi or lidl to buy bottles of cider as we were there last month and the cider was very expensive as they didn't sell the 2 litre bottle like they do here thanks

7 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 2:29 AM
    • Tavira v Ferragudo v Albufeira

Tavira Sep 10, 2015 at 1:40 AM

hello
      we stayed in Ferragudo August 2015 and found it charming with some very good quality restaurants

but found it a little too quiet for our 3 teenage children

Albufeira the year before but found that too touristy and loud in places
      Hoping that tavira is somewhere in the miiddle
      Any opinions really appreciated

3 Answers Sep 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    • Good food in Albufeira

Albufeira Sep 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi I am a true foodie and have 3-4 nites to spend here. Can you recommend your top 3...price and portion size are not an issue, but food quality and outstanding service are.
      Thanks, peter

1 Answer Sep 2, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    • portugese red wine

Olhos de Água Aug 23, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I only like light red wine like french bougelais is there a light portugese red wine

5 Answers Sep 11, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    • A flat for 4 weeks in Faro

Faro Aug 22, 2015 at 10:54 AM

From which companies we could inquire accomodation in Faro Portugal? We are a couple, two adults, and would like to rent a one bedroom flat for 4 weeks in December 2015/January 2016. The international companies in the internet have only luxury villas and very expensive flats to offer. Where can we find ordinary flats within normal rent level? We don´t speak portugese so the local newspapers are not helpful.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 4:53 AM
    • Renting a scooter in Tavira

Tavira Aug 17, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Hello everyone!

Does anybody know if is there any place for renting a scooter in Tavira?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 17, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • Excited about forthcoming trip to area

Ferragudo Aug 3, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Does anyone know of any fishing trips from the area or any other local boat trips? Also I would appreciate any advice on the local transport to other areas in the Algarve which would allow for possible day trips.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    • Restaurants

Quarteira Jul 26, 2015 at 6:09 AM

We are staying for a month in September,anyone recommend good restaurants that are reasonable and a couple for special occasions.we have a car so don't mind driving

1 Answer Jul 26, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    • eating out

Armação de Pêra Jul 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM

are there any good fish resteraunts here

2 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 1:16 AM
    • Day trip from Armacao de Pera to Salema

Armação de Pêra Jul 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Is there public transportation from Armacao de Pero to Salema? Don't drive and am part of bus tour spending 2 days in Armacao de Pera and read in Rick Steve's guidebook that Salema is a very pretty traditional fisherman village, but it seems very far on the map. Thank you for any suggestions.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • travelling to the island with my dog

Ilha de Tavira Jun 25, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Can i travelling to the island in a ferry boat with my dog?
      Thanks
      Mariana

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 2:04 AM
    • getting from ferragudo to portimao

Ferragudo Jun 17, 2015 at 3:31 AM

what is the easiest way to travel from ferragudo to portimao we are a family a 5 also what is the cheapest mode of transport we have never been before so have no knowledge of the area

2 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 5:27 PM
    • Chinese supermarket

Faro Jun 10, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I am trying to find a Chinese supermarket, I know there's one here in Faro, but been walking around for hours and can't find anything.
      Can anyone help
      Thank you

5 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM
    • Alcohol in supermarkets?

Faro May 29, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I know the age limit for alcohol has gone up in Portugal but what do you think the chances of a 17 year old who looks older than 18 is of getting server in a supermarket? Thank you

4 Answers May 30, 2015 at 2:21 AM
    • Flamenco Festival/Concert in September.

Lagos May 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Could anyone advise me please when exactly this event takes place and how I can book from UK?

2 Answers May 19, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    • help needed to create best hen do

Albufeira Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

We are going on hen do I'm wanting to know if anyone can recommend male strip clubs things to do etc

1 Answer Apr 29, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Taxis numbers

Ilha de Tavira Apr 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Anyone got a taxi number they'd recommend in Cabanas de Tavira. Also, any idea the cost of taxi to/from Tavira to Cabanas?

Cheers

2 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • Naturist walks

Algarve Apr 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Thinking of visiting the Algarve later this year. We love to do naturist walks along the beaches, cliff tops. Can suggestions be made of the best places, please.

8 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 5:08 AM
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Cabanas de Tavira

Ilha de Tavira Mar 23, 2015 at 7:01 AM

We're heading to Cabanas de Tavira for a week end of May and like to walk. I know that we can walk from there to Tavira. I'm wondering if there are any other coastal walks from Cabanas as we won't have a car. I know that at the end of ria Formosa just as it turns up onto ria Fortaleza there's what looks like a dirt track coastal walk through trees. Any one know if its a circular route back to Cabanas or of any other good walks locally?

5 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 5:10 AM