Algarve Travel Answers

change location
Pau365's Profile Photo

Cabo de São Vicente

by Pau365 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there are any bars or snack bars at Cabo de São Vicente, and if there’s a taxi rank there?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Cabo de São Vicente

by Windsailor Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Sagres, a few kilometres southeast of Cabo São Vicente, has a couple of bar/restaurants. Pousada do Infante Hotel has a restaurant too, of course, and it is situated in a very beautifull spot at Ponta do Sagres Cape. I believe there wasn´t taxi rank at São Vicente, but you can allways call one from Sagres or Vila do Bisbo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pau365's Profile Photo

Re: Cabo de São Vicente

by Pau365 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi Windsailor, thanks for your quick reply! I was referring to Cabo de Sao Vicente itself, not Sagres… I have taxi phone nºs and there are 2 buses to Sagres but it would be good if there was an actual taxi rank… you didn’t see one so it looks like I’d have to call or head back to Sagres on foot again... I wonder if anyone’s noticed any bars around for a drink or whatever, or only jersey sellers!!

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM

When I went there a couple of years ago there were a few burger vans (Deutsches Wurst included) and that sort of thing. There isn't a taxi rank and as you say there is effectively one bus each way on weekdays just for tourists allowing a couple of hours there. You would have to ring for a taxi from Sagres.

There is a large coach and car park, a big lighthouse, some fairly scary cliffs and a lot of wind plus loads of stalls selling tourist tat. And it's about 5 miles to Sagres on foot.

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

by myriam_c Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 3:53 AM

There wasn't really a lot to see at the Cabo other than the cliffs. We went there first half June and we didn't see any stalls, nor a taxi rank.

• Pau365's Profile Photo

by Pau365 Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Thanks for your replies Cubsur and Myriam. Yes, I agree it’s a pretty boring place, my interest is because I’m crossing the Algarve on foot and so it’s the finishing point, and a beer or something will be needed at such a symbolic moment… and not having to get stuck there!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Algarve Travel Answer Locations