Alexandroupolis Travel Answers

change location

Early bus to Istanbul

by smitbet Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Hi!
I've decided to take a train from Athens to Alexandroupolis in early September but then the next morning take what I've heard is an early morning bus from the train station to Istanbul. Does anyone know the schedule or where I can get a ticket? I've also heard this bus no longer exists?? Any ideas anyone?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Yiannis2000's Profile Photo

Re: Early bus to Istanbul

by Yiannis2000 Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 1:29 PM

There is regular, daily bus traffic from Thessaloniki to Istanbul and most of them stop in Alexandroupolis, it may be too early to reserve a ticket for our Balkan companies, and I have no idea which company to recommend.
    Try to contact my travel agent in greece: MELTRAVEL" meltravel@meltravel.gr
    Good luck!
    Yiannis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Early bus to Istanbul

by StefanosS Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:30 AM

I found the following information in the internet in Greek language:
    There are two bus-lines, one Greek and one Turkish.

The Greek line is run by OSE (Greek Railways Organisation). Departure from Athens everyday except Sunday at 19.00 evening, stop at Thessaloniki around 2.00-2.30 after midnight, Xanthi around 6.00 next day in the morning, Komotini around 7.00, Alexandroupoli around 8.00, arrival at Istanbul around 14.00-15.00 afternoon (depending on weather and traffic on the border). Ticket price from Alexandroupoli 15 euros, round trip 24 euros. Info and tickets at the Greek Railway Stations. Alexandroupoli R. Station tel. (0030) 25510 26395. This info is part from an independent travel site in Greek (geocities.com/omogeneia/urge... and part from OSE site (http://www.ose.gr, bus info is only in Greek language).

The Turkish line: Kamll Koc, exactly the same schedule (!!!). Agent in Alexandroupoli: Thraki Tours, tel. (0030) 25510 26872, (0030) 25510 32611, fax: (0030) 25510 23777. This info is from an independent travel site (geocities.com/omogeneia/urge.... The site of Kamil Koc is only in Turkish language (http://www.kamilkoc.com.tr/)

Good luck !

• Re: Early bus to Istanbul

by smitbet Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Thanks to both of you!
    Beth

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Alexandroupolis