Alexandria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake Maury Turtles

Newport News Apr 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We want to visit Newport News when the Lake Maury turtles become active this spring. Can you tell me if they are active now or when they might be expected to be ? We like to watch them from the footbridge near the Mariners Museum...and visit the museum as well and dine on wonderful seafood in Newport News. Thank you, Gregory

more
    • shuttle service or car and driver

Norfolk Apr 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Is there a shuttle service from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester ? Or is there any other way to travel to these places other than driving.

more
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

Breakfast in Alexandria, VA

by Dlee Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Going to the Airport (Ragan) early in the morning. Anyone know of a good breakfast place to eat in Old Town Alex? We will be taking the metro. Thanks

• canadaczechmauigirl's Profile Photo

Will we love Alexandria??

by canadaczechmauigirl Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 9:54 AM

My husband and I are moving to the D.C. area as he is being transferred with his company. We have been living in Maui, Hawaii for the past two years and are originally from Toronto, Canada. I never thought about moving to D.C. and know nothing about it so am currently doing a lot of research. We are looking to rent a 2-3 bedroom that allows dogs as we are looking to adopt one. My husband is of Japanese descent and I am wondering how the community of Alexandria would welcome us. It looks beautiful. We are very active and enjoy hiking and biking. How connected is Alexandria to D.C.? I know the rail and bus system is good. What about the drive to the city? How about biking there?
      Also, are there groups that will connect us to new friends, our age?
      Any information would be so appreciated.

11 Answers Jun 21, 2006 at 11:35 AM
    • Alexandria Options For Staying There

by Loch-Lomond Online Now Oct 15, 2005 at 12:19 PM

My partner and I visited Old Town Alexandria back in 2002, I was at a conference in one of the major hotels. We both fell in love with the town, enjoying eating at various places in King Street (including a lovely little ice cream shop near the river), evening walks along the path next to the Potamic River, the ease of travelling to DC - it was such a thrill for both of us to see the White House - and just the general feel of the place. My partner became very ill after this break so it has a special connection for us. Whilst I have a longer term plan of being seconded to work in that part of the world with my partner's health now improved we are looking to see if we could have another vacation there in the short term (next year possibly). For this holiday we'd be taking our son who is 6 years old. My question relates to the options for staying in the Old Town. We've done the major hotel option but I believe part of the holiday experience is getting to know locals so I wanted to ask if any bed and breakfast type options existed where we could stay with a family and really experience the way of life. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance - Kevin.

4 Answers Nov 5, 2005 at 9:20 AM
    • LisaMolden's Profile Photo

living in alexandria

by LisaMolden Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 7:05 PM

hey, i'm lisa form Australia, in January i have the prospect of living in Alexandria, VA, for 1 yr as an au pair.........i know that it is close to washington, but what wiould travel times be, by train to places like New York, Chicago, Philadellphia, boston????? would any of them places be good for like a day trip? has anyone lived in alexandria, is it a nice area??? thanks guys...... e-mail @ : lisamolden@hotmail.com, please..tahnks

9 Answers Nov 8, 2004 at 10:09 AM
    • vargi's Profile Photo

skateparks,skateshops,in-line shops..

by vargi Online Now Jul 21, 2003 at 5:32 AM

can somebody help me?i'm in temple hill now for the vacation and i'm looking for some skateshop, shop with agressive in-line stuff and of course for skatepark in surrounding area..(alexandria,washington..). thank you for you replies.. :)

1 Answer Mar 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    • Relocating

by heavenleigh Online Now May 30, 2003 at 7:00 AM

I was hoping to receive some advice about relocating to the Alexandria area. Job leads? Housing? Transportation? Help! I visited the Alexandria / Crystal City area briefly last summer and I fell in love. Now I've decided that it would be a great place to live. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the area that can give me a heads up. Any advice? I look forward to hearing from you.....

3 Answers Apr 2, 2006 at 10:49 AM