Alexandria Travel Answers

change location

Alexandria Tram Route....

by naisnras Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Alexandria tram tips - Can someone help me to find the correct tram service (tram number) from Misr Station - Biblothica Alexandria and then Biblothica - Qeit El Bay and back from Queit El Bay - Misr Station. I believe yellow tram operate this route! I have only 6 hours transit in Alexandria......can i make a trip from El Nozha airport to Misr Station @14:00 hrs, buy my ticket to cairo (20:15 hrs) and go for a quick tram tour from misr station-corniche-library-queit el bay and back to misr station..............! thx

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Re: Alexandria Tram Route....

by travelmad478 Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Regardless of the tram number, the phrase "quick tram tour" is an oxymoron. The Alexandria trams travel so incredibly slowly that it can take an hour to get just a few miles. We spent four (enjoyable) days in Alexandria last year and took the trams a lot, but the trips were very leisurely, to say the least. The price is miniscule, but you get what you pay for. We stayed at the Four Seasons San Sebastian and from there it took at least 45 minutes to get to the central tram terminus--barely halfway across town.

I would advise you to hire a taxi for a quick tour. This is also quite cheap, and you'll see what you want to see.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Alexandria