Travel Answers
Ålesund

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

Geiranger Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

more
    • Getting here from lofoten

Geiranger Mar 17, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Can I know which is the best way to get here from any city in Lofoten? thanks

more
    • Glenda530's Profile Photo

Kristiansund tour

Kristiansund Apr 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Is it possible to do a trip ourselves without using the cruise tour which are very expensive? Also is there any shopping available in the city? Thank you

more
    • houso44's Profile Photo

Camping grounds

by houso44 Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Hello,
      Are there any camping grounds in Alesund?
      Cheers
      Ian from Australia

5 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM
    • travel from Alesund to Oppdal

by chris67 Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hi, we (family of 4) plan to stay in Alesund early March and drive car to Oppdal. How are the road conditions in that time period?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • transportation

by salgueiro Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Please can you help me?
      Is it possible to take a public transportation, from Fosnavag (norway) to Alesund Vigra Airport?

2 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    • Looking for a private tour for 8

by arvon1 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I am just looking for a tour guide that can drive eight of us around trollstigen and to see views of the gudbrandsjuvet gorge, does anyone have any suggestions? We will be arriving by cruise ship on July 25th.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • Ferry Trondheim-Alesund

by valstueck Online Now May 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

I would like to take the ferry between Tronfheim and Alesund this summer 2013 but I'm hesitating to take rather a bus because it takes less time.

But at the same time I think it can be interestig to do a trip in ferry along the fjords.
      So here is my question:
      Is the trip in ferry between Trondheim and Alesund beautiful? Is it worth to take so much time in ferry or is it better to go in Alesund with a bus?.
      Thank you for your answers.

5 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Short trips Alesund

by Dennis. Online Now Apr 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Can one take a short trip from Alesund to see the sights? My wife and I are on a cruise docking in Alesund on 09/09/2013 from 07:00--17:00. Is it possible to fit anything in during this limited time?

Thanx,
      Dennis

3 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • Heidi11's Profile Photo

Three days in Alesund

by Heidi11 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Hello, I'm going to spend three days in Alesund, arriving on the 17th of May. Any suggestions of what I can do there? Somebody off for a coffee? I'm a 44 y.o. female. Takk!

2 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    • clothing

by mclaind315 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

what to wear in late august

3 Answers Mar 1, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • Fisherman cottage in Alesund?

by italmelb Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Hi All

I am planning to visit Alesund this coming winter for 2 nights (2nd January to 4th of January) and I was wondering if you know of any nice fisherman cottages where I could stay. I ask because a few years ago I stayed in one in Tromso and it was really lovely

Also can you suggest some nice coffee shops, restaurants and activities to do while I am there?

Could you also tell me what is the name of the look out area on top of the city? Is it open even when it snows?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    • KBoncer's Profile Photo

Runde Island possible in 7 hours in rental car?

by KBoncer Online Now May 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Hello,

My name is Kristine and I am going to be teaching fiber arts on a craft cruise cruising Norway and Scotland. I have a free day with my husband in Alesund, Saturday, June 9th. We are interested in driving from the cruise ship terminal in Alesund to Runde Island. Is there a car rental nearby? I am not finding links to the ferry schedules.

Can anyone advise on the best way to plan ahead for this trip? Should we expect extra traffic on the ferries, roads, in lines, etc due to it being a Saturday? Is it possible to drive it in seven hours?

Thank you!

1 Answer May 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    • How to get Geiranger

by Chiager Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Hello!

I'm gonna be in Ålesund for 4 days next month and I'd like to visit Geiranger....which transport possibilites are there? And how long does it take?
      Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance ;)

Chiara

4 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    • Oslo to Alesund

by nomikay Online Now Jun 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM

We fly into Oslo and have about 12 days to spend in Norway. We will be staying in the Innfjorden area for about a week, exploring some family connections and taking day trips from there. I'm wondering about getting there and back from Oslo. We have time to see other areas like Bergen and I'm trying to figure out if we should fly, train or drive from Oslo. It looks to be significantly more expensive to drop a rental car off in a different location from the pick-up. We will have a car in the Innfjorden area but I'm wondering whether we should drive from Olso or train to Bergen and fly or drive from there. I'm open to suggestions. We fly out of Oslo at the end of our vacation. Thanks for you help.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    • visiting sykkylven

by judym55555 Online Now May 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I would like to come to the Sykkylven/Kvalheim region sometime during the summer to explore where my father was born. Would be coming from the US. Any help as far as how to get from Oslo to Alesund, or where to stay and how to get around would be welcome. Is there reasonable lodging available? Would it be better to fly from Oslo, or drive?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 2:45 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

One Day in Alesund

by alisononthego Online Now May 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

We are visiting Alesund for one day during our cruise around the Fjords. Would love some information on 'must sees', transportation and whether or not we should stay in the city or travel outside. Are there any good viewpoints that we should get to? Also can you recommend a good local cafe where we can sample local food/drink? So looking forward to our visit.

Thanks and regards

3 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    • travelfare

by Asaba Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Hi,
      How does it cost by bus or by train from Oslo to Ålesund and back?
      William

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    • from Alesund to Szczecin(Poland)

by mfirma Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM

How can I get from Alesund to Szczecin in Poland? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • how to get from the cruise port to the town centre

by vonysc Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Im going on a cruise next week and would like to know how far it is to get from the cruise port the town centre and what transport is available if needed, also need same information for Bergen, Stavanger and Flaam, hope someone can help, vonysc.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 2:36 AM
    • Travel from Bergen to Alesund

by StefanLarsen Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I will be in Bergen with my family in September and would like to take 3 days and make it up to Alesund and back. Since I only have 72 hours can someone please tell me if I am better off renting a car and driving both ways or should I rent a car and take a ferry from Bergen to Alesund and then drive back to Bergen? I am not sure how long the drive will take to go to or from Alesund and an estimation would be appreciated. I can see there are many nice things to see while driving, but my plan would be to stay at least one night in Alesund and one night between Alesund and Bergen. Thank you in advance for any recommendation on itinerary and travel times.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 2:58 AM
    • ElenaKKKK's Profile Photo

Public transport in Alesund

by ElenaKKKK Online Now May 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I plan to visit my friend in Aaram in July, but last 2 days I'd like to stay at the hotel in Alesund, as the choice of the hotels is limited there in, I decided to book Best Western Baronen hotell (price is relatively reasonable), website declares that the distance from hotel to the city centre is 15 min., but, it looks like in fact it's about12 km. They say that shuttle bus stop is about 1 km, but as I understand, itinerary is fixed to arrival/departure. Could anybody, who knows the place, to advise me how can I get to the city centre, and if not by bus than how much is the taxi in Aalesund?? Thank you in advance, regards, Lena

6 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM
    • Visiting Alesund by Cruise Ship Need info on bus/ferry tour to Geiranger

by ehayes Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Will be in port from 8-5. Will there be enough time for this tour. Can I get it from the cruise terminal or make arrangements for pickup. So want to do this trip. Please advise. Thank you Will be visiting in late September. Also, what should I wear. Thanks again.

4 Answers Apr 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    • Ainisoba's Profile Photo

Transit in Stryn

by Ainisoba Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Hi,

I will take a night coach to travel Bergen from Alesund in this winter,
      And I have 4 hours transit at niglit in small town Stryn,
      How can I spend time in this town and is it some pub open in night time?

4 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    • Fairytail's Profile Photo

info on daily bus connetion andalsnes-alesund

by Fairytail Online Now Aug 4, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Hi everybody!
      Sorry, I'm new here!
      I please need to know how to book on-line 5 tickets on the bus going from Andalsnes at 13.32 to Alesund at 15.55 on the 8th September 2009.
      I cannot find out the Bus Company nor a website.
      Could You please help me?
      Thanks everyone a lot!

3 Answers Aug 15, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    • A little help

by Mateescu Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I want go to Bodo from Alesund by ship, it is possible. Caoul you help me with some informations? I would like to travel with Hurtiguten but I dont know if I could take it any station and leave it any station.
      May I travel by bus also?
      Tank you very much for your answers.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 3:13 AM
    • jrward's Profile Photo

Oslo to Ålesund by Car in Mid March

by jrward Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM

What can I expect as far as driving conditions form Oslo Airport to Ålesund in the middle of March, 2009? I am an experienced snow driver, but would most likely be in a front wheel drive rental car. I will have two days to make this trip.

Also, I would then need to drive to the Reitan station between Roros and Holtalen on E30. Is the route north through Molde and over on E39 passable in mid March? Or should I go back to Dombas and catch E6? I would like to make the trip in one long day.

If route through Molde would be okay, can you provide any information catching the Vestnes-Molde fairy?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    • caffelatte's Profile Photo

Airport bus

by caffelatte Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Folks, have any of you taken the airport bus in the early morning? The departure time of the flight is 7AM. First airport bus leaves the center at 5.30 and reaches airport at 6.10AM (The later ones take 23mins). I generally plan to reach airport at least an hour in advance (keeping margin for all contingencies). Websites on Alesund mention that the buses are generally timed to arrival/departure. Also, that the airport is small and there may be at the most 2-3 departure, so check-in/security should be fast. But I am still bit nervous about it.
      Any insight from someone who has already done this would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    • B&B in Alesund

by choc-a-holic Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Hi

we are looking at visiting Alesund during the Food Festival in August and have found that the hotels are either booked out or charging a lot of money. We know that we can stay in the hostel but we would like to find out if there are any other alternatives.

Also can anyone tell us what are the best things to eat at the Food Festival.

hope you can help

6 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 3:17 AM
    • Hotel near Ålesund airport

by IanL7781 Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM

We are flying out from Ålesund airport at 6:00. Is there a hotel near the airport where we could stay overnight? Sorry to bother you but I cannot find anything myself on the web!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    • cruise excursion

by lofty_ken Online Now Nov 14, 2007 at 3:07 AM

Hi everybody

I am going to Alesund for 5 hrs by cruise ship next June but to date no excursions are offered by cruise company.

What is best to see in suchashort time? Is it possible to take an excursion to Geiranger Fjord?

Thanks

5 Answers Nov 18, 2007 at 7:17 AM
    • Gregorski's Profile Photo

RAF pilot killed over Alesund

by Gregorski Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 1:22 AM

When I was visiting Alesund in August I went to Fjellstue scenic point. Among the rocks at the very pik of the mountain there was a bronze plate commemorating the death of a young English aviator. He got killed over Alesund in 1944 if I remember well. Does anybody know why this plate is there and what was the name of that guy? There is no monument there, just a small plate hidden among the rocks.

Cheers
      Gregorski

2 Answers Nov 6, 2007 at 2:13 AM
    • SuperFratelli's Profile Photo

Flybussen Fra Aalesund Airport

by SuperFratelli Online Now Jul 17, 2007 at 2:43 AM

Hallo. I just have a question about the flybussen if someone here knows about it ... I didn't find any useful informasjon on the official web site of the flybussen. Do you know if After 1:00 am there are flybussen from Aalesund airport(Vigra) to Aalesund and/or to Giske? I some if there are busses the whole night?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2007 at 2:51 PM