Aleppo Travel Answers

change location

istanbul,aleppo and damuscus

by mooz110 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 12:35 PM

i am visiting istanbul in feb 2nd week,will be there for 16 days,i need to know where i should visit while i'm there and i also want to go to aleppo and damuscus.i looked at the train service direct to damuscus leaves on thurs morning but it takes to long,is it a nice journey worth taking or i should fly to adana and take train from somewhere nearby.how much does it cost to fly to adana,from istanbul.then i want to get to aleppo and then to damuscus spend 1 day in aleppo is that enough and around 4 days in damuscus,after that i have to get back to istanbul i leave istanbul to uk .you know any reasonable hotels in istanbul,aleppo and damuscus.also do i need visa for turkey and syria i know turkey visa they can give me at airport how about syria will they give me visa at the border.also what are good places to shop in istanbul and aleppo.in istanbul which is good area to get a hotel european side or asian side .one last question sorry i arrive at sabiha gokcen airport are there regular buses to take me to town istanbul how much it cost around what currency i should bring.thank you if anyone can help me out .
husain

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • fouads's Profile Photo

RE: istanbul,aleppo and damuscus

by fouads Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 2:28 PM

hi

You can came Aleppo by train from Istanbul but it,s one route per week and take about 36 hour so the best way is came by bus from Istanbul to Antakia it take about 17 hour and cost 30-40$ and take bus to Aleppo it take about 2-4 hour with the border and cost about 10$ , or you can go from Istanbul to Gazintap city by plane take about 1.5 hour and cost 70-100$ and to Aleppo same thing from Antakia .
    you need visa befor came to Syria cause some times it be hard to take it on Border . for your stay you can meke 2 days in ALeppo and 2 days in Damascus and 1 day in Palmyra it will be very good
    for your arrive to Istanbul airport there is evry 30 min buses go city center
    this is the web for it
    havas.net/en/otobus_istanbul...
    or
    turkeytravelplanner.com/Wher...

hope this be helpful
    best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines