Alcudia Travel Answers

change location

alcudia

by missfitts Online Now Sep 11, 2006 at 11:45 PM

Hi, we are going to alcudia this coming thursday, first holiday abroad, has anybody any tips on places to visit, and does it get chilly in the evenings, also i have been checking the weather out, looks like rain for first few days, so does that usauly mean rain allday, we are only there for a week at the condesa de la bahia.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • tango_jd's Profile Photo

RE: alcudia

by tango_jd Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 1:25 AM

I would have thought that the rain is a short-lived thing at this time of year - perhaps the evenings would need longer sleeves or a light jumper/cardigan. I wear a t shirt or tennis shirt but my wife finds it cool after sundown sometimes.
    Alcudia seems to be split into two resorts - there is the Marina end which is busy, large and extends into the "canal" area leading up to big apartment developments and a go-kart track I think - then there is the other end towards Caan Pickafort where we stayed once in a hotel called Amapola or some such.

The distance between is a fair old walk and can be dark since the paths were badly lit when we were there a few years back. Condesa de la Bahia is situated approximately 2km from the centre of the resort and hence the marina area so you are away from the centre. This is nice though and seems a lot less "tacky" than a couple of the areas nearer the centre.

You can get buses to the old town which has a few interesting streets and shops and an old town-wall to walk around and in and out of.We walked from there along the main road to Puerto Pollensa (long walk!) and got a bus back.

From your hotel, you could walk or cycle to Caan Pickafort fairly easily too - plenty of cycle hire shops around!

It is worth f=getting a bus into Palma - if you hire a car and drie there, good luck! It is VERY busy and parking wasn't easy!

You may find that a trip to the Caves of Drach appeals to you - if you can get a bus, then the entrance fee is small compared to what the holiday reps charge but they do provide transport which can be more convenient to you. We drove there with a hire car and still saved a little that way - also we were able to visit the East coast resorts of Porto Christo and Peurto Sam Miguel which were nice back then.

You are quite close to a "nature park" - When we were there, it looked like a rugged path around a swampy area of countryside which we didnt venture into but we were told it was a nice walk.

Have a great time! I love Majorca.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tango_jd's Profile Photo

RE: RE: alcudia (Sorry - typos)

by tango_jd Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 1:29 AM

SORRY - TYPOS!
    It is worth f=getting a bus into Palma - if you hire a car and drie there, good luck! It is VERY busy and parking wasn't easy!

SHOULD SAY -

It is worth getting a bus into Palma - if you hire a car and drive there, good luck! It is VERY busy and parking wasn't easy!

• paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

RE: RE: alcudia

by paulinuk2u Online Now Sep 12, 2006 at 3:46 AM

mmm pity your not staying in palma or east or west of palma [a few miles]as there is alot to do in palma

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines