Alcudia Travel Answers

change location
LONDONSP's Profile Photo

Hotel reviews

by LONDONSP Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I have booked a 7 day holiday at this hotel with my family - young kids.
just wanted to make sure it was a good hotel and safe for young kids.
Anyone recommend area around the hotel good for exploring with young kids.
And the most important thing - a nice beach or cove near by
Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • LONDONSP's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel reviews

by LONDONSP Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hotel is Viva Tropic Port d Alcudia Majorca

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I haven't stayed at the Hotel Viva tropic myself but the reviews on Tripadvisor look very favourable. It's in a good location, about 5-10 mins walk away from the marina area and the beach so you will have no problem finding your way around this area. The beach is sandy and stretches for miles, the area nearest the marina is like a lagoon - shallow and probably best for small children.

1 member found this helpful

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

by tango_jd Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Yes that beach area next to the marina is a warm, shallow, safe area - to be honest the whole length of the beach is safe as it goes out a long way before getting very deep. The beach gets busier as you head-away from the marina towards the many apartments and flats that line this area, and then towards the main resort area itself. You are a 1.5km uphill walk to the old town (or there are buses) and about the same to the large water park up towards the Jupiter/Saturno complex. It's a shortish bus ride to Puerto Pollensa too - another small marina and attractive resort. Alcudia marina itself can be explored - there is a long jetty that you can walk-along to the small collection of bars and cafes at the end (expensive!) - but take some bread and feed the fish - there can sometimes be a real feeding frenzy which the kids will enjoy. There is sometimes a small inexpensive collection of fairground rides at night, and a few stalls selling crafts, jewelry, candles, paintings etc. Away from the marina, the main resort area nestles in front of a series of small lakes and canals and offer quiet walks away from crowds if you like this sort of thing. Some of the lakes can be accessed for kids with small fishing nets but those tiny fish are VERY quick! The old town can be explored by walking the walls and look down on the streets below.

I've been to Alcudia 3 times - it can get very busy but offers plenty of opportunities to escape the crowds. My only criticism is that it is about as far as it is possible to get from Palma, so a bus there is an hour at least - same goes for the airport transfers.

1 member found this helpful

• LONDONSP's Profile Photo

by LONDONSP Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Thank you for the feedback - much appreciated!
    Just hope the weather holds up now,.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines