Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake Tahoe

California Yesterday

Anyone driving to Lake Tahoe today?

more
    • Yosemite Lakes RV or Yosemite Pines RV?

Yosemite National Park Jan 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at either of these RV campgrounds outside the park? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • mariabeeken's Profile Photo

A beautiful place to picnic in Napa Valley?

Napa 8 hours ago

I am trying to put together a not too expensive stay in Napa Valley for my husband and I.

I looked at this tour: winecountrylimos.com/napa-gr... - $99 for 6 hours and 4-5 wineries. Sounds ok. But the tasting fees are not incl. So I guess, i'll have to double the price then?

I think then maybe we will just go to one ore two wineries by our selves (we have a rentalcar). I just haven't figured out which ones we should go to yet. Maybe take the signature tour and tasting at Robert Mondavi Winery.

Anyway, the hole idea about going to Napa, was that I kinda had this picture in my head, of me and my husband having a romantic picnic on a beautiful spot overlooking lush vineyards.

Does anyone have a suggestion for such a spot?

more
    • Accommodation for the 2015 Big Sur Marathon

Big Sur Jan 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Hello Everybody,
      My wife and I will be running the Big Sur Marathon this year : 26th of April
      We are looking for a nice and convenient accommodation. Any suggestion ?

Many Thanks,
      Nicolas

more
    • Weather in marina del Rey in January

Marina del Rey Jan 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Coming to marina del Rey january 13th. How is the weather in January? What should I pack? A coat? we are staying at the inn at marina del Rey. How is this hotel? I will b coming with my daughter and my 8 year old granddaughter. What are some fun things to do, other than disneyland and universal studios.

more
    • Angholcombe's Profile Photo

Coast road drive

California 20 hours ago

We are driving from San Francisco to LA on the coastal road in one day and would like some advice on any good stopping points for refreshment or nice viewing points
      Thanks

more

Yosemite - Lake Tahoe - Napa Valley must see's

Yosemite National Park Yesterday

Hi folks

Now I have made all the plans for the first part of our USA trip (San Francisco and Sequoia / Kings Canyon) - So I just need to plan our visit to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and Napa Valley.

May 1st
      Driving from Sequoia to Yosemite (staying in a heated canvas in Curry Village)

May 3rd
      Driving from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe. (Staying at 3 Peaks Resort & Beach club, South Lake Tahoe)

May 5ft
      Driving from Lake Tahoe to Napa Valley (staying at the Wine Valley Lodge)

May 7th
      Driving from Napa Valley to SFO and flying back home to Denmark.

Are there some interesting places that we just have to stop along the way, driving from one place to another?

Yosemite
      What are the must see's here for a couple 35/45 yrs ? (Bearing in mind that we have just spend two days in Sequoia prior to our stay in Yosemite)

Lake Tahoe
      What are the must see's / must do's here? Which weather can we expect in Lake Tahoe in beginning of May ?

Napa Valley
      What are the must see's here? We both like wine, so of course we want to visit some wineries. Which ones are definitely worth a visit?

Have a great day ;o)

- Maria

more
    • enough time for terminal change at LAX??

Los Angeles Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM

I have not came through LAX before and am not familiar with typical times to go between terminals and security. I have to switch flights from delta in terminal 2 to Hawaiian airlines in terminal 5 in 57 minutes (if everything is exactly on time) I will not have any checked bags. Would you guys mind advising on if you think this is a wise decision or should I try to change?

more

Sequoia april/may - 1½ day itinerary

Sequoia National Park Jan 30, 2015 at 1:47 AM

My husband and I (35 and 45 yrs), are travelling to USA in april/maj 2015.

On 30th of april we drive from San Francisco to Sequoia, estimated arrival late afternoon. We have booked two nights at Wuksachi Lodge. And on 1st of May we drive from Sequoia to Yosemite.

What are the "must see's" for our stay? How would a realistic itinerary look for 1 evening, 1 hole day, and 1 morning? We want to see as much as possible.

Are some things going to be closed when we are there (late April/beg. May)?

Do we need to bring snowchains?

What about box for food? (i am thinking bears here) - Do we still need that, staying at Wuksachi Lodge? If so, how and where do we rent boxes?

Best regards

Maria

more
    • mjtom's Profile Photo

Overnight rv parking, German couple

Rancho Palos Verdes Jan 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Hi everybody. Is it allowed to park overnight with rv on public streets? German couple travelling to Southern California in march 2015 with rented rv would be happy to get some assistance.

more
    • Pacific Terrace versus Ocean Park inn

San Diego Jan 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM

We are a family of 4 with tween daughters. We are looking for an ocean front suite for June for 4 nights. For price consideration and location, I have researched the pacific Terrace resort and Ocean park inn. Anyone have comments which one is better for us or if we should go somewhere else?

more
    • Alabama Hills Rock Locations

Alabama Hills Jan 16, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Hi -

I have video stills from a Twilight Zone episode shot in Alabama Hills. Would someone help me by looking at the stills, and possibly telling me where these shots were taken?
      My goal is to take pictures from the same distances and angles, and create a "then-and-now" presentation. Any info/guidance is gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
      Paul Giammarco

more
    • ladyloreto's Profile Photo

Itinerary... please help me to make my trip perfect! :-)

California Jan 15, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Hey dear fellow members! We are flying to LAX at the end of May and we have our return flight 9 days later, from San Francisco. Our idea is to drive from LAX to San Francisco trough the Coast road, we´ve heard thats a really nice roadtrip. But in the other hand, theres a couple a national parks (Death Valley, Yosemite) that we would love to visit.
      Our idea would be:
      1.- Pick up the car in LAX and right away drive to death valley. (maybe spend the night there in the car, do you know if thats possible?)
      2.- From Death Valley to the coast road and spend there one day (from St.Barbara for example, to San Francisco)
      3.- Leave the car in S.Fco Airport and then drive with public transportation to the city.
      4.- Make one day tours to Yosemite and another national park nearby.

It is of course everything "raw", and i would LOVE to read your ideas and/your experiences, that would be really helpful! Too manny days? Too few? what else we must see, etc.
      I thank you all in advance!!!!

more
    • What time of day and tour to take?

by terri4him Online Now May 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I am going to San Fran in a few weeks and I was wondering what time of day is best to visit Alcatraz and which ferry boat/tour company to use. Thanks for your insight!

Terri

4 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    • Best Tour to Book

by DiniG Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 1:32 AM

We are travelling to San Francisco in June. Can anyone recommend the best tour company for a tour of Alcatraz Island?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2007 at 4:35 AM