Albuquerque

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One Way from ABQ to Taos

Taos Apr 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM

two of us are flying to Albuquerque on June 3rd and need to get to Taos that same day to meet up with other travelers. We only need one way to Taos that day. I have only seen one shuttle that makes this trip and it's Twin Hearts. They don't pick up the phone to inquire or reserve and the reviews are just dreadful about them. To rent a car one way from ABQ to Taos is very expensive as well. do you have any other suggestions?

more
    • Safe Reasonable Hotel

by jmcclelland Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My daughter and I will be traveling through New Mexico next month. Albuquerque is our half way point of the trip and would like to stay overnight. The last time I stayed there, my son and I just picked a convenient motel off the interstate. BIG MISTAKE! Hotel had several rooms with crack heads. The neighborhood was scary - lots of homeless and other types wandering around. We even had a stranger come into our room because the desk clerk did not recode the key card!!! Please let me know which area convenient to I40 would be safe for two ladies.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Driving in Albuquerque

by poorrancher Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM

We are from rural Nebraska and would like to come and see Albuquerque. Any sights we should in no way miss? And can two old ranchers from Nebraska handle the traffic in Albuquerque?

7 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:05 AM
    • Transporation

by lorasantos Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I will be arriving at the airport, and need to get to Las Vegas, NM do you have an airport suttle service?
      And what would be the cost.

18 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • Please, someone help me!!!

by Dawanna56 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hi, I have been to Albuquerque 3 times in the past year to visit my daughter and family. They moved there a little over a year ago. Two times we have driven there and in August I flew there. Every single time I've gone there I get very sick with diarrhea and vomiting. I mean REALLY sick. I had to go to the hospital in August due to being so dehydrated. No one can tell me why I keep getting sick. I don't get sick at home or anywhere else we travel to. If anyone has any idea please post and let me know. We are going to be going again Oct 5 and I am scared to death to go. Please help if you can. Thank you, Donna

13 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

Any special events planned for June 4 - 7?

by GladToGoRose Online Now May 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'll be in Albuquerque area from June 3 - June 7, 2013, just wondering if there are any special festivals, parades, etc. during this time period. I already have a balloon ride scheduled, can hardly wait.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • adri57's Profile Photo

Itinerary question

by adri57 Online Now May 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Arriving in ABQ towards late afternoon, with the next full day to stay there, but actually don't want to miss out on Santa Fe before moving on. Staying at Best Western Rio Grande. We'll probably go into the Old town after our arrival in the late afternoon; any ideas where to eat some good NM chow? Better to stay in the center or is there anywhere decent near the hotel? And on day 2: is it realistic to travel to Santa Fe via the Turquoise Trail, coming back via El Camino Real? What's parking like in Santa Fe? Is it better to eat somewhere on the road before getting there? We also want to visit a pueblo but they all look as if the journey north of SF would add on miles/time to our day, taking away from the time spent in SF. Are there any interesting pueblos west of ABQ which we could visit on our way out on day 3? Not ones with guided tours.

15 Answers May 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • Balloon Fiesta

by miss.argentina Online Now Sep 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Hi! Any solo female attending this year's Balloon Fiesta? If so contact me I will be there on the 11th until the 14th.

• horse hair pottery

by lnhumphrey Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I recently graceless to Colorado and was looking for some horse hail pottery. The pottery in Colorado was very expensive. My dad always brought me back a piece of horse hair pottery when he went elk hunting in new Mexico and I know he didn't pay much for them. Can anyone tell me where at in new Mexico I can get some that is not so expensive.?

• Daisylove's Profile Photo

Advice needed: Touring the Historical Route 66

by Daisylove Online Now Feb 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I will be travelling to Albuquerque and intent to do a touring along the Historical Route 66. I read that there are 3 section to the central ave, namely nob hill, downtown and old town.

1. May i know which section has the neon light along Central Avenue?
      2. May I know what is the best time of the day to do each section?

Thank you

10 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    • kamalkrishkapoor's Profile Photo

Traveling guidance for places near Albuquerque

by kamalkrishkapoor Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have plans for traveling to below places: I will be reaching on 26th Feb noon and leaving on 29th noon so almost have 3 clear days. I am even willing to leave local sight seeing in Albuquerque. I would like to know how to cover these places economically like bus and train and how much time it will take

Chimayo
      Taos
      Santa fe

7 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    • kamalkrishkapoor's Profile Photo

Wish to travel Albuquerque and Santa Fe in February end any tips

by kamalkrishkapoor Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Would love to know the following:

What are the safe areas to stay and average hotel cost for a budget traveler like me

How many days are required to cover Albuquerque, Santa Fe and any other interesting place nearby

What is the economical way to cover all this ( rail, bus , local traveling etc)

Where to eat authentic good food

10 Answers Jan 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    • HOUSE MUSIC

by REGINASSOSA Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hello Albuquerque!!
      I am from the BAY AREA and will be in your
      city from 08/10/2011 to 08/15/2011 and I
      would like to go to a club that has a DJ
      that spins HOUSE MUSIC.Please send me
      in the right direction

1 Answer Sep 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    • EurMeet's Profile Photo

Which Hotel?

by EurMeet Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I'm visiting ABQ in early November. Looking for accommodation which will give reasonably easy access to eateries, Downtown and Old Town as I am a non-driver (will use public transport and some tours).

Please comment on the following with regards to location and access to Alvarado Transportation Centre :

1 Embassy Suites, 1000 Woodward Place NE
      2 Hote Blue, 717 Central Ave NW
      3 Econo Lodge Downtown, 817 Central Ave NE
      4 Doubletree Hotel, 201 Marquette Ave NW
      5 Silver Moon Lodge, 918 Central SW

Looking forward to reading your replies!

5 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    • grisslehamn's Profile Photo

Lake for swimming or take a dip

by grisslehamn Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Closest water hole from ABQ ?

9 Answers Apr 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • kongying's Profile Photo

first time in new mexico,ALB

by kongying Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM

im planning to arrive next few weeks. this is very last minute .. can anyone suggest any tours that i can sign up to?
      i prefer to tour by myself without a tour, but i cant drive..
      Do you have advices/directions for me to visit some of the places stated below:
      1. White sands
      2. Ice caves.
      3. Aztec ruins

Really appreciate your replies..

5 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Albuquerque motels

by grisslehamn Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Im thing of staying at one of these 3 motels:
      Americas Best Value Inn
      Econo Lodge
      Stardust Inn
      All at Central Ave (close to Miltons Restaurant).

one week early july, im a tourist from sweden.

19 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Downtown Inn

by grisslehamn Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Do you know if this hotel is a ok place to stay at, and do you know if they have water in the pool in july?

Thank you so much

Mats, Sweden

a tourist from europe coming to abq in july

5 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    • Place to stay on East-West trip thru Albuquerque

by Rochrunner Online Now Mar 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM

On our trip next September, Albuquerque looks like the only area to stay in while crossing thru on I-40. I figured there would be no problem finding accommodations, but from the reviews and other research so far, most of the ones I've found have signs of somewhat unsafe surroundings, cars broken into, etc.

We really want to stay in a place where we're comfortable about the surroundings and not have to worry about our car overnight, etc. So where are the nicer areas with modern hotels that would be suitable for us for a night? Even the name-brand chains in the city have some pretty scary reviews.

I did make a (cancelable) reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn Uptown. Seems OK, but again some questionable reviews (although from 2008) and the low price for the room is almost suspicious. Also right next to I-40.

So, any suggestions?

16 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • valerie7277's Profile Photo

Last minute long week-end to Albuquerque/Sante Fe

by valerie7277 Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Hi -- I just decided to do a long week-end in the Albuquerque/Sante Fe area in a couple of weeks. This will be my first time visiting, so a couple of questions:

Should I stay in Albuquerque or Sante Fe? I'll have a car, but I'd like something in a safe, walkable area close to restaurants, galleries, shops, etc. (not a top priority, but would be nice)

I'm thinking of visiting the Petroglyphs, Sandia Peak and Old Town....any other recommendations?

If time permits, I was thinking of driving up to Taos. Is it worth the the drive or should I just spend my time between SF and Albuquerque?

Thanks in advance!
      Valerie

23 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    • Acoma accessability

by mhoppe8998 Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Is Acoma wheelchair accessible? We are planning a family trip for next year and need to know if my daughter would be able to manuever Acoma.

Thank you, Kathy Hoppe

6 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

Albuquerque Trolley CO

by 2giants Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Has anyone taken the Albuquerque Trolley Balloon glow tour?
      THey say it includes admission to the chaser's club tent. We are wondering if it is worth the extra money, and if you can see all you need to see from that spot. DO they stay late enough to see the fire works?
      THanks

Balloon Fiesta

by 2giants Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM

We are attending for the first time. We have a room and car booked. What else would you recommend reserving in advance. Do we need to buy tickets ahead of time? Do they sell out? What should we take in? We will be there for 5 days. 4 adults 50+ so still very able to walk about. How about some good restaurants off the beaten path (if there is such a thing that week). Anyone ever take a ride with Balloon Ryders? Any pilots we should ask for?
      thanks for your help.

3 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    • Day and a half in ABQ, what to do and where to stay?

by tddragoon Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

We are planning a trip to Albuquerque, and were planning on spending one night and about 1 and a half days.

Mt first question: We are planning on taking the Sandia tram, the Petroglyph national park, a visit to old town, and nob hill. I was wondering if that's too much for the time we are spending there, or not enough. If too much, what should we pass on, and if not enough, what should we add?

And my second question, we are looking at staying at the LaQuinta on I25 and San Antonio Drive I believe. I was wondering if that's a decent enough hotel in a decent enough neighborhood, and if not, where should we stay?

9 Answers May 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Balloon Fiesta

by 2giants Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM

We hope to attend the Balloon Fiesta for a few days this year. Does anyone know if you need a rental car, or are there shuttle busses and public transportation that we can use? Can you recommend a hotel that would be near the launch sites? What else do we need to know and plan for for this?
      Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    • NM 536

by luksn Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Would like to take a motorcoach tour of seniors up the Sandia Crest Scenic Byway
      Is Hiway 536 Ok for a motorcoach? Would like to go up and then come back down the same way. Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    • Pueblos

by luksn Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Thanks for the info onmy previous post. One more. Our senior motorcoach will be traveling from ABQ to farmington via 550. If we can only make one stop should we stop at Jemez Pueblo or some other enroute? Also could I get a brief explanation on what aPueblo is and we can expect to see? Should we go if some are somewhat mobility limited? (not seriously) Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Nov 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    • sandia peak

by luksn Online Now Nov 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM

can you drive up to the peak? (where the tram goes?)Is there a gift shop etc at the peak and/or bottom where the tram leaves from?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    • Travel Tips to Balloon Fiesta

by JulNFarm Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Are the park and rides worth the money?
      Is the cost 15 dollars each day? Can you ride all day?
      Suggestions to drive into the park if the ParkNRide is not
      a deal?
      What if the balloons are grounded for weather- how does that
      affect your purchased ParkNRide ticket?
      I am planning 2009 attendance and would appreciate any TIPS!

• Yale Bl

by traveltonm Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I'll be visiting to watch UNM Volleyball, and am staying near the airport. Is it safe to walk the 1.5 miles up Yale to Central to the vb venue at Johnson Center?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    • bobbistarwinde's Profile Photo

Visiting with no car

by bobbistarwinde Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM

What are your suggestions for places to visit for someone who has no car and relies on public transport? Are there many places of attraction that are easy to get to? Also, I would like any recommendations of anyone's favourite places to visit, acommodation and eating, as I am a student so need to keep costs to a minimum.

Thanks,
      Kirsty

6 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM