Albenga Travel Answers

change location

General information for visit

by Katiekingham Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 2:56 AM

We are visiting the area near Albenga, staying in the mountains north of Albenga during June. Has anyone visited this area? Any recommendations for reasonably priced Italian food (where the locals eat!), and walks / trips in the area? We have a small Italian Greyhound, who would need to accompany us to restaurants, bistros etc. so any knowledge on this would also be helpful.
Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ant1606's Profile Photo

RE: General information for visit

by ant1606 Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 5:33 AM

In my younger years I had spent several vacations in Albenga and there's a lot to see in the area. Guess you will taste some local Pigato wine as well.
    Don't worry, your dog can access most restaurants.
    I knew of an extraordinary seafood restaurant in Albenga but it was closed a couple of years ago. Plenty of choice, just follow your instinct.

Go to Alassio for night walks along the beach and across town - if you like to see more crowd. Alassio is one among the most fashionable coastal towns in the area.
    Go to Borghetto for walks as well.
    Go to Loano if you want to walk/hike, check the rock climbing area and the following resource:
    http://www.cailoano.com

A nice drive is the road from albenga going to Garessio through Colle S. Bernardo.
    June is a great timeframe for visiting the area, as crowd peak months are July and August.

Enjoy!

Ciao
    Ant

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines