change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• t_cinanni's Profile Photo

Bear Mountain transport to Beacon

New York State Apr 29, 2015 at 9:33 PM

What are the transport options (bus/train) from Bear Mountain to Beacon Upstate New York? Planning a day trip mid-October 2015 from NYC for Bear Mountain (Short Line Bus coy) but need help on how to get from Bear Mtn to Beacon? From Beacon can get back to NYC by train on Hudson Line.

more
    • July in Saratoga Springs: Downtown or a nearby B&B?

Saratoga Springs Apr 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Youngish seniors (60s) looking for a few days this July in Saratoga Springs. Considering downtown, such as Saratoga Arms or a nearby B&B, such as Saratoga Farmstead B&B. Is it too crowded, noisy, busy downtown? or is the nearby B&B too far from the action? Our interests are eating, museums, shopping, relaxing, and eating

more
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

good hotel / b&b

New York State Yesterday

hello

suggest a decent hotel or b&b in new york pls -

chelsea, upper west side, hells kitchen - i am told are good places to stay -

this is my first visit

cheers

more
    • Does anyone have a space/room to rent for 3 nights (May 12, 13 and 14)?

Manhattan Island May 2, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Visiting Manhattan and can't afford a Hotel/Motel .. I was wondering if it's possible to rent a room near Columbia University for the 3 days/nights (Tues./Wed./Thurs. May 12th, 13th and 14th) I'll be there? Help!!!

Thanks

more
    • Visiting daughter in Manhattan staying in Brooklyn

Brooklyn May 2, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Hello .. I'm driving up from NC to visit my daughter. I will be staying in the Evergreen Avenue & Jefferson Avenue, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY and my daughter lives at 162 Saint Nicholas Ave., New York, NY. I plan on parking my car in Brooklyn and using a bus or train every day to see her. What would you recommend and where are they located?

Thanks so much for your help!

more
    • Siege78's Profile Photo

Upper West?

New York City Apr 19, 2015 at 6:30 AM

I'm planning my first trip to New York this summer and was curious about the neighborhood around the HI-Hostel. Any local info? Places to eat/ good bars...other tips?

more
    • JFK Airport Navigating

New York City Apr 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Any suggestions for a solo traveler arriving into JFK from England @ 10;30 pm & connecting to a domestic
      flight the following morning @ 6 am? Would rather just stay @ airport but are there any overnight baggage lockers?
      Any suggestions for a pay as you go lounge?

more
    • CarlyneV's Profile Photo

Triple Room

New York City Apr 21, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a hotel that offers triple rooms (three beds in one room)

Your help would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Where to go on our East coast USA trip

New York State Apr 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Hello, My husband and I are travelling to the east coast USA in August for 4 weeks. We are spending 7 nights in New York, we want to see Niagara Falls, Washington, and Miami, we are also doing a 4 night cruise from Miami. My question is where to after New York and is there any other places that we should not miss along the way. We will be flying not driving, unless there are better options?? Other places we were thinking but not sure is Atlantic city, Orlando or maybe popping across to Cancun Mexico?? Another question is this way too many places for the amount of time we have. We have only booked New York and the cruise but am trying to work out the rest of our trip. If you could help that would be great. Thank you in advance :)

more
    • LiaL's Profile Photo

New York visit

New York City Apr 11, 2015 at 4:58 AM

Hi there! Has any of you purchased the New York Pass?? is it convenient? Any tips for an 8 days journey?? Thank you!!

more
    • dining options at the plaza

by staceyc33 Online Now Dec 26, 2014 at 5:05 PM

any good places to eat around the plaza?

• Albany to New York?

by Cruhm Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM

What is the best way to get from Albany to New York City? I have a rental car, but am curious about train/ bus options to avoid driving / parking in the city.

7 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • LawrenceC's Profile Photo

Is there any midnight services going to New York Penn Station from Albany?

by LawrenceC Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I am currently heading to an American Idol Concert on Aug 30th in Albany. The concert starts around 8pm and is there still a overnight train service to New York Penn Station? I mean later than 10pm or 11. Many Thanks!!!!

3 Answers Aug 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    • LAEricson's Profile Photo

Where to Stay in Downtown Albany

by LAEricson Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

We will be in Albany during the 2nd week of August and are looking for recommendations on where to stay in the downtown area. Preferably within walking distance to some attractions.

Also, is there any public transportation? Specifically to Saratoga Springs.

Thank you,
      Lorri

3 Answers Jun 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    • alvi21's Profile Photo

Albany area off the beaten path ?

by alvi21 Online Now May 25, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I'm visiting the Albany area in mid-June and I'm wondering what places locals recommend to escape the hustle and bustle of city life on a beautiful summer weekend. Half-day or day-trips preferred.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alphée

8 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    • SAmR1015

by SamR1015 Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

We are planing a trip from Albany NY to NYC, NY in October starting Oct.18th to arrive in NYC on the 22nd. Does anyone have a suggestion for a tour in the area.

Sam

2 Answers Apr 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    • How close is Amtrak to Albany Airport.

by Ronwine Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I will be taking a train from NYC (Penn Station) to ALbany. I then need to go to the airport to pick up a rental car. How far is it from the train station to the airport?

6 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • Place to Stay in Albany

by baz12 Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I will be visiting Albany next week and want to research genealogy at Empire Plaza. Not sure exactly where I go, since there is no concrete address for the building I need. Does anyone know a nice hotel near there and the airport that is not too noisy with traffic at night and also relatively safe? Thanks for any help.

1 Answer Feb 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • Is Crossgates Mall busy on Dec. 26?? Should I be expecting a lot of crowds?

by passthatversace Online Now Dec 23, 2007 at 9:19 AM

I'm planning on making a cross-border shopping trip on that day, and I don't know what to anticipate. Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 19, 2008 at 3:35 PM
    • Amtrak on time record

by ramblingrose Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Hello,
      This September I am planning on taking the Amtrak from Albany to NYC. Where I live Amtrak is consistanly 1,2 or more hours late (lots of freight traffic around here, Is it the same in Albany or can I count on a fairly on time schedule?
      Thanks

5 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 8:29 PM
    • GottaTry's Profile Photo

Albany Airport Hotel

by GottaTry Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 6:14 PM

I have a flight coming into Albany after midnight. The car rental companies are closed after that time and most hotels don't have shuttles running that late.
      Can anyone tell me what the closest hotels are to the airport are so I can save on cab fare?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 18, 2007 at 4:57 PM
    • 'Indian restaurant'

by neilcarrey Online Now Dec 24, 2006 at 12:58 AM

Does anybody know of one indian restaurant ' Sitar' out there ? How's the food and the quality of Indian food served out there ?
      thanks

3 Answers Apr 28, 2007 at 10:19 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Transportation

by yvr Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 5:44 PM

How far is the Albany Airport to the Amtrak Station that serves Albany-Rensselear, and is there public transportation?

2 Answers Mar 18, 2007 at 6:47 PM
    • PhotoTraveler's Profile Photo

15 passenger van rental company in Albany, NY?

by PhotoTraveler Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 10:25 AM

I need a 15 passenger van in Albany, NY, from September 30th to October 8th, and am having a dickens of time finding a compnay that has bigger than a 12 passenger.

Does anyone know of an independent company out there, as I have tried the 'big boys' and all they have is 12 passenger.

Many thanks.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2006 at 2:16 PM
    • Travling to Albany, attractions an 11 yr old will enjoy.

by sayers3948 Online Now May 7, 2006 at 7:52 PM

Hi,

I just found this forum.

I am traveling to Albany tomorrow actually and was wondering if anyone can recommend some activities an 11 yr old might enjoy, and what about some kid friendly restaurants in the area? Someone recomended the Pump Station to me, but is it kid friendly?

And the one major question, what's the price of gas running down there? Up here in Lockport NY it's dropped to2.97 that's down from3.05 two weeks ago.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shelley

• Moving to NY State???

by NYStateBound Online Now Sep 15, 2005 at 3:49 PM

Having been a native of New York CITY, but not living there for many years, I am very hesitant to move to New York STATE but my husband may accept a position in Albany. We wouldn't want to live in Albany but in an outlying suburb. If anyone as any advice or links for kid-friendly areas to live, I would appreciate it. We have to make a decision soon!

Thanks,
      Patricia

4 Answers Sep 11, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    • What to do in 2 hours?

by leogeo Online Now Jul 3, 2005 at 10:47 PM

Hi all, i would be having a layover in Albany for about 2 hours and was wondering what was there to see within walking distance of the Amtrak train station?

Thanks in advance...

1 Answer Jul 15, 2005 at 8:29 PM
    • beachcomberT's Profile Photo

Albany history, etc.

by beachcomberT Online Now Aug 22, 2004 at 3:52 PM

Former Albany resident (back in 60s) returning from Florida for a quick few days with relatives. Would like to check a few historic sites; appreciate recommendations for which of the historical homes are the best, and what's available for Hudson River waterfront scenery or excursion boat trips. Tnx.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 4:47 PM
    • vela_candela's Profile Photo

living in Albany

by vela_candela Online Now Apr 26, 2003 at 9:52 PM

Hello there, I am considering moving to Albany later this year, and I was wondering if any of the 96 VT members that lives there might want to give me some hints about how is living there, and basicly Albany living conditions info. Also city tour's offers are welcome :) Thanks **vela**

2 Answers May 6, 2004 at 12:12 PM
    • ALBANY TO VERMONT

by LHOTSE Online Now Feb 12, 2003 at 1:10 PM

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to drive from Albany,NY to Burlington,VT? I'm planning to fly into Albany then rent a car to Burlington. I've never been to this part of the country before. Any advice would be welcome. Thank-you.

6 Answers Feb 13, 2003 at 7:56 AM