Travel Answers
Albania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is a nice place to stay in Albania?

Albania Yesterday

Hello all Virtual Tourists!

Planning a beach vacation in the end of july/august this summer. But we are wondering where to stay and what to see.

We are dreaming of finding a quaint little village by the coast. One that is not ruined by tourism or giant hotels and other terrible architecture in general. And of course… with a nice beach. Whether the beach is made up of sand, pebbles or rocks is indifferent. Just as long as it is beautiful, and the general vibe of the city/village is nice.

Any ideas? And any thoughts on Saranda vs. Himare vs. Vlora?

more
    • Getting around in Albania

Albania Apr 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Hello forum!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Albania this summer. However, there are no direct flights to Tirana from Oslo, so we are contemplating some different options. Would love to hear your thoughts and tips, since we are in fact wuite clueless. :)

Destination --> VLORA!

Option 1: Flight to Corfu. Then we hop on the ferry to Saranda, and somehow find our way up to Vlora. I have read about both buses and "furgons" that travel this distance, but what I dont know is how long it takes. How many hours should we estimate for this trip? Can it be booked in advance? And since we are norwegians (not used to high heat) will there be air condition in the vehicle?

Option 2: Flight to Brindisi. Then hop on a ferry straight to Vlora. I have found a several forums talking about this trip, but I am having a tough time actually seeing the details. It seems the boat sails all night. Is it normal to sleep in your seat? In a cabin? What is recommended here?

WHICH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS IS SMARTER? :)

Super grateful for all help.

more

Popular Albania Travel Answer Locations

• Where is a nice place to stay in Albania?

Albania Yesterday

Hello all Virtual Tourists!

Planning a beach vacation in the end of july/august this summer. But we are wondering where to stay and what to see.

We are dreaming of finding a quaint little village by the coast. One that is not ruined by tourism or giant hotels and other terrible architecture in general. And of course… with a nice beach. Whether the beach is made up of sand, pebbles or rocks is indifferent. Just as long as it is beautiful, and the general vibe of the city/village is nice.

Any ideas? And any thoughts on Saranda vs. Himare vs. Vlora?

• Getting around in Albania

Albania Apr 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Hello forum!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Albania this summer. However, there are no direct flights to Tirana from Oslo, so we are contemplating some different options. Would love to hear your thoughts and tips, since we are in fact wuite clueless. :)

Destination --> VLORA!

Option 1: Flight to Corfu. Then we hop on the ferry to Saranda, and somehow find our way up to Vlora. I have read about both buses and "furgons" that travel this distance, but what I dont know is how long it takes. How many hours should we estimate for this trip? Can it be booked in advance? And since we are norwegians (not used to high heat) will there be air condition in the vehicle?

Option 2: Flight to Brindisi. Then hop on a ferry straight to Vlora. I have found a several forums talking about this trip, but I am having a tough time actually seeing the details. It seems the boat sails all night. Is it normal to sleep in your seat? In a cabin? What is recommended here?

WHICH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS IS SMARTER? :)

Super grateful for all help.

14 Answers Yesterday
    • Details regarding bus travel to Tirana from Pristina

Tirana Feb 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I need to travel one way, by bus, from Pristina to Tirana, on 21 April 2014. I can't find any information about schedules or bus companies that offer this route. I understand from what I have read that there are several per day but I cannot find any specifics. If anyone knows of bus company names, location(s) in Pristina, and times that the bus(es) depart Pristina for Tirana, I'd be most grateful. I have less than 24 hours in Pristina so not a lot of time to be researching this when I arrive so I really need to know what I need to do beforehand. I greatly appreciate any information you all can provide... Thanks!!

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • Rent a car with driver

Albania Feb 23, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Thank u very much KUSKIWI
      Can u or anyone recommand me
      About rent a car with driver
      Which company can really help
      Thank u all

• Rent a car with driver

Albania Feb 22, 2014 at 6:21 AM

hi al
      I want to rent a car with driver.
      I do not want to rent it from a company, I mean , anyone has own his car.
      from first of June to 15 of June 2014
      just me and my wife
      how much does it cost me?
      this is my email
      kadi4540935@hotmail.com
      kadi

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Sandy beaches (Northern Albania)?

Albania Feb 2, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hi VT,

I am planning a trip first half of July with my wife and twin daughters (6 yrs.). We will be driving around to see the country, and also we would like to spend a week or so at the beach (we prefer a sandy beach, quite and not crowded). Either we will come in via Corfu, or via Tirana. Coming via Tirana appears perhaps most attractive for seeing mountains, lake Ohrid etcetera.

How are the beaches in the north, i.e. Lezhe area for instance, compared to the south?

If we end up choosing coming via Corfu, will it be possible to find a not so crowded beach town with a sandy beach (early July)? For instance, will Ksamil be packed with tourists? And are there any other more quite sandy beach towns in the south?

Thank you all so much in advance!!
      Jeppe (Denmark)

21 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • rent a car

Tirana Dec 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I plan to visit Tirana then rent a car to go dubrovnik and piristina. Do you prefer this way instead of bus or train options?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • living in Tirana

Tirana Nov 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I wonder what is the best neighborhood to live in tirana.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • mjbcoffee's Profile Photo

transportation

Albania Sep 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

What's the most direct way to travel from Tirana to Montenegro via public transit?

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    • Calendar of Events in Tirana october 2013 / Restaurant

Albania Sep 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Hello,
      who has tips for events from 12. - 15.10.2013 in Tirana ? In particular I'm looking for 13.10.2013 an event: Concert (organ, Albanian folk music, opera, rock music ....), ballet or another. Which restaurant with typical Albanian cuisine is recommended? Thank you.

• public tranport

Albania Sep 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

what is the best way to get from tirana airport to vlora please,thank you

2 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Racism in Tirana?

Tirana Sep 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Hi,

I'm planning on travelling to Tirana in November.

I've read a few articles regarding the safety in Albania and it seems like a pretty safe place and people are nice in general but I can't help to think that most of these people are caucasian. I'm Malaysian of British up bring. Would I be at risk?

I can accept being stared at and I can even tolerate people mocking me but my only concern would be getting physically harrased and ignored if I needed help going somewhere. Should I be worried?

Thanks

7 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    • eat and drink local bars to chat with locals

Durres Aug 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

hi all can you please help coming to durress albania for 14 days next week. can you please give me some good bars to visit were to meet local people for a good night all so good brakfast bars we are not young do not need disco we are in albion hotel thanks paul

• Busses in September Tirana-Himare and Berat-Macedonia

Tirana Aug 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hello,

I'm going to vistit Tirana on 11 September. From there i wanted to go to Himare (via Vlore). Do you know if it if possible to get Himare by direct bus or furgon from Tirana? I've read that Busses go at 6 am, 9 am and 12:00. Could you confirm this information? Eventually I can go with change in Vore. Where the bus leave from Tirana and how much is one way ticket?
      I have also second question: I wanted to go from Berat to Ochrid in Macedonia. I know that I have to take bus to Elbasan and then change to bus which go to Pogradec, but I don't know if better and faster way is to get off near border crossing in Q.Thane (and go to Struga- but I don't know if I could find there any taxi or bus to Struga) or go until I reach Pogradec (and take taxi to border crossing).

Thank you in advance for any tips
      Darek

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    • tirana to struga

Tirana Aug 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM

how can we get from Tirana to Struga by public transport (e.g. bus). Thanks for your help, Ledia

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    • food and drink in duerres albania

Durres Aug 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM

hi all can anyone recommend some good bars in duerres for night life not discos to old now also good breakfast restrants thanks paul

• Tour operator or driver in Albania

Albania Jul 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Hello,3 people planning a trip to Albania on 3-16 October. Arrival in Tirana airport, then we would be the first in the mountains approximately 7 days of hiking (Kelmed, Valbona, Theth, absolutely Koman Lake), followed by a visit to the sea and at the end of two days Tirana. 1 days Berat would be good.We would not even rent a car to drive yourself. Who can recommend us to local tour operator or a driver? Who Recommendation for directions, accommodation, hiking trails. Which location is recommended by the sea? Thank you for all indications.

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    • GunnarSt's Profile Photo

Buildings painted in bright colors

Tirana Jul 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Have seen a lot o pics with buildings painted in very bright colors from Tirana. Are there any areas I would easily find these colorful places in Tirana City?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • GunnarSt's Profile Photo

Tirana for families with teenagers

Tirana Jul 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We are family with two teenagers spending some days in Tirana, Albania (28. and. 29. of Aug). Any suggestions for things to do/see for the young ones? Its supposed to be hot (35-36 degrees) which might limit our options for a comfortable and fun days? A good shopping centre with air condition in the city? The grown ups are very curious about Tirana`s communist past? Any suggestions for us?

3 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • Car Rental in Shkodra

Shkoder Jul 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Hello, can one rent a car in Shkodra?

Thank you,
      Barbara

• Car rental companies in Tirana airport

Albania Jul 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Hi everybody,
      My friend and I, we are planning a trip in Albania in August and we're lookig for cars to rent now. Any suggestions about reliable companies to compare rates etc.. We've made some research on line about Autoeurope but lots of comments are not so positive.
      Thanks for the help!

3 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Ferry boat Vlore to Himare?

Albania Jul 8, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hello everyone! I heard there is a ferry boat going several times a day between Vlore and Himare in summer. Is this true and how much does it cost? I am planning to visit Himare and heard that the trip from Vlore by road is a bit tiresome and long. So I thought I might as well take a ferry there.

I also have a question concerning visa: When entering Albania by ship from Italy, do I need to purchase an Albania VISA as a EU-citizen? How much does it cost?

Thank you!!

1 Answer Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Trains or buses

Albania Jul 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Is there any bus or train that goes from Pristina to Timisoara or from Belgrade to Timisoara?

How much do they cost?

And how many hours of travel are they?

thnx

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • nbkarabin's Profile Photo

Length of Stay

Albania Jun 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Approximately how many days would it take to explore the following cities:

Tirana, Vlora, Berat, Durres, Kruja.

Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • Juanlanza's Profile Photo

transport from Shkodra to Dubrovnik

Shkoder Jun 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I will be in Shkodra by the end of July for a couple of days. What I have todo to go to Dubrovnik from there? Thank you

3 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

cheap accommodation in Albanian coastal towns July/August

Albania Jun 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Hi everybody, I´m planning an invidiual trip to Albania this summer along the coastal towns Durres - Vlore - Saranda, then to Corfu. I am now looking for accommodation... Can somebody advise me cheap, but nice and clean hotels not too far from the center and beach (price category max. 30 Euros/night) ? Unfortunately, there are no travel guides on Albania where I usually check.

Thank you for your information!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    • duelmen's Profile Photo

Tour Guide for Tirana

Tirana Jun 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Does anyone know of a good tour guide to show me around Tirana and surrounding areas? I'm looking for something that can be done in a full day. Either private or small group is preferred. Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Montenegro to Tirana

Tirana May 15, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Is there any bus company from Montenegro to Tirana? How much it costs? From which cities of Montenegro to Tiran there are busses?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Travelling to the Albanian coast

Albania May 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hi, I'll be in Ohrid (coming from the US) this July and was thinking about travelling to Albania's coast from there for a few days. Upon some research, I'm considering Durres, Lezhe/Shengjin, the Himare area, Sarande, Vlore, and Ulcinj (in Montenegro, but it's largely Albanian-populated). I would only be able to get there via bus or train, so does anyone know if there are any routes from Ohrid to these places and how much it would cost? Also, how much would a hotel in any of these places cost roughly?

Of these places, I'm leaning towards Ulcinj since it seems so picturesque and like there'd be some good sightseeing. But, I'm far from decided so any knowledge you may have of the Albanian coast or know of any websites with info, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 Answers May 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    • Bus from Patras (Greece) to Terana

Albania May 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hi, trying to book a bus trip from Patras (Greece) to Terana for 14th June 2013. We are coming from Zakynthos, so I assume Patras would be best chance of a bus to Albania, but any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers May 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM