change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hike wonderlake

Denali National Park and Preserve Apr 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Hello

I want to go to wonderlake for 3 days and take a hike on the backcountry in the south, some of it has t renseingements on southern wonderlake?

thank you

more
    • Flightseeing over an Alaskan glacier...which one?

Alaska 7 hours ago

I am going on a northbound cruise of Alaska with my wife and in-laws. We are going on the Royal Caribbean 7N Northbound Alaska & Hubbard Glacier cruise.
      It will stop at various ports along the way between Vancouver and Seward. We will fly back from Anchorage. There are many flightseeing excursions over Alaskan glaciers at the various ports during the cruise itinerary. They are of course rediculousy expensive and I will restrict/treat myself to ONLY one. I will be doing it alone or with the wife (the in-laws will not be with us for this period!). But which flightseeing excursion?

Photography is my passion...fluidr.com/photos/phil_mario...
      So I would like to be on a flightseeing excursion that is photoworthy and am ensured a window seat to shoot from, so it is best to be in a helicopter or floatplane where the wing attaches to the top of the fuselage as this doesn't obstruct the view as much as a lower placed wing would.

So the ports I can flightsee from are Ketchikan (Misty Fjords ), Icy Strait Point (Glacier Bay National Park), Juneau (helicopter over Juneau Icefield or a 5-Glacier Seaplane trip), Skagway (Chilkat Glacier system) or Anchorage (Denali/Mt. McKinley and Ruth & Kahiltna Glaciers).

I have been to Perito Moreno glacier in Argentina and will soon see various Alaskan glaciers from sea level so with this flightseeing trip I am most interested in aerial shots that best depict the glaciers as rivers of ice. Dramatic mountains are a plus.

Are there any well heeled travellers here that have been on some of these excursions and can recommend one over the others? Or know of other resourses I can use to find out?

Sincerest thanks!

more
    • exit glacir for free

Seward Apr 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi, anyone knows if can i hike to te exit glaciar for free , or i must get a guided tour?
      Thanks

more
    • Historic sites in Sitka

Sitka Apr 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Can you hop on and off a bus or other transportation to see the different historic sites?

more
    • seward vs homer may 9-13 2014

Seward 19 hours ago

plannning on kayaking, fishing, cabin camping, and glaciers would be just top it off. which has better weather, seward or homer during early may? both places look beautiful , but which has better scenery? better hikes? scenery is more important to me than wildlife. Any advice appreciated

more
    • Magic Bus - Christopher McCandless

Alaska Mar 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,

My name is Gary and I'm currently looking to book an extended trip to travel across America. One of the locations I would like to visit it The 'Magic' Bus just off the Stampede Trail. When would be the safest time of year to hike out to the bus and are there also any tour guides who would accompany heading out there? I just wanted to check as I would rather not go out alone.

I would be grateful for any information you could give me.

Thanks

Gary

more
    • Flightseeing over an Alaskan glacier...which one?

Alaska 7 hours ago

I am going on a northbound cruise of Alaska with my wife and in-laws. We are going on the Royal Caribbean 7N Northbound Alaska & Hubbard Glacier cruise.
      It will stop at various ports along the way between Vancouver and Seward. We will fly back from Anchorage. There are many flightseeing excursions over Alaskan glaciers at the various ports during the cruise itinerary. They are of course rediculousy expensive and I will restrict/treat myself to ONLY one. I will be doing it alone or with the wife (the in-laws will not be with us for this period!). But which flightseeing excursion?

Photography is my passion...fluidr.com/photos/phil_mario...
      So I would like to be on a flightseeing excursion that is photoworthy and am ensured a window seat to shoot from, so it is best to be in a helicopter or floatplane where the wing attaches to the top of the fuselage as this doesn't obstruct the view as much as a lower placed wing would.

So the ports I can flightsee from are Ketchikan (Misty Fjords ), Icy Strait Point (Glacier Bay National Park), Juneau (helicopter over Juneau Icefield or a 5-Glacier Seaplane trip), Skagway (Chilkat Glacier system) or Anchorage (Denali/Mt. McKinley and Ruth & Kahiltna Glaciers).

I have been to Perito Moreno glacier in Argentina and will soon see various Alaskan glaciers from sea level so with this flightseeing trip I am most interested in aerial shots that best depict the glaciers as rivers of ice. Dramatic mountains are a plus.

Are there any well heeled travellers here that have been on some of these excursions and can recommend one over the others? Or know of other resourses I can use to find out?

Sincerest thanks!

1 Answer 6 hours ago
    • seward vs homer may 9-13 2014

Seward 19 hours ago

plannning on kayaking, fishing, cabin camping, and glaciers would be just top it off. which has better weather, seward or homer during early may? both places look beautiful , but which has better scenery? better hikes? scenery is more important to me than wildlife. Any advice appreciated

4 Answers 16 hours ago
    • hike wonderlake

Denali National Park and Preserve Apr 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Hello

I want to go to wonderlake for 3 days and take a hike on the backcountry in the south, some of it has t renseingements on southern wonderlake?

thank you

• exit glacir for free

Seward Apr 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi, anyone knows if can i hike to te exit glaciar for free , or i must get a guided tour?
      Thanks

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • Historic sites in Sitka

Sitka Apr 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Can you hop on and off a bus or other transportation to see the different historic sites?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • Magic Bus - Christopher McCandless

Alaska Mar 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,

My name is Gary and I'm currently looking to book an extended trip to travel across America. One of the locations I would like to visit it The 'Magic' Bus just off the Stampede Trail. When would be the safest time of year to hike out to the bus and are there also any tour guides who would accompany heading out there? I just wanted to check as I would rather not go out alone.

I would be grateful for any information you could give me.

Thanks

Gary

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • travel by air

Nome Mar 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Why aren't there any flights out of Nome in the morning? Tx :)

3 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    • our tour is in may

Skagway Mar 7, 2014 at 3:20 PM

can anyone please tell me if Gwen at Discover Skagway is still running tours?

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    • Juneau May 8

Alaska Mar 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hello I will be arriving in Juneau May 8th via the Carnival Miracle, I was looking into doing the Mendenhall Trek and climb with the Above and Beyond company. Anyone interested in joining my boyfriend and I on this tour. I am 25 and he is 24, however as long as you are over the age of 12 and are open to adventure, we welcome you to join us. We get an incredible group rate if its 3 or more people in a group. No experience is neccesary, just a lifetime oppurtunity.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • Semi-handicapped sightseeing

Ketchikan Feb 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I must use crutches or my walker and still want to see Ketchikan.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Sled Dog Tours

Alaska Feb 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I am traveling to South Central Alaska this summer (June) and I am wondering what my options are for dog sled tours. I would love to do a ride - Seavey's offers glacier rides (via helicopter from Girdwood) - but at $1000, I'm wondering if we're better off flying back in the winter time for a long weekend. Is Seavey's Ididaride the only game in town for summer rides? And if so, are they worth it? Would I be better served just doing a kennel tour and budgeting that money for another experience?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM
    • Help after Cruise

Seward Feb 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Things to do while waiting on the evening train at 6:00pm
      Arrive in port at 5:00am
      Husband is interested in fishing any reasonable suggestions...???

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM
    • What Type of Footwear

Anchorage Feb 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM

What type of footwear is required to walk around the streets of Anchorage in March for a guy

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • looking for camp

Nome Feb 20, 2014 at 2:24 PM

where can one camp in his and her tents in nome?

• Rv/camping

Talkeetna Feb 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Is there a recommended rv park/campground in talkeetna?

• Taxi service?

Skagway Jan 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM

I saw that someone mentioned that you can rent a car for something like $75 a day, but I was wondering if there is any sort of taxi service? I just need to get to the employee housing I'll be living in and plan on biking for the most part, but that will be a bit difficult with a suitcase.

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • What was the name of the old dance bar down in Spenard, with lighted dance floor?

Anchorage Jan 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM

It was located on a street, past Northern Lights, headed towards the airport, I think. But definitely in Spenard! The street it's on curved abruptly to the right, immediately past the ba if you were driving to it from North Lights. On that right side, was a two-story almost faceless building, once painted off-white, style reminded me of the late 70s: boxy, faceless. It had several names over the years, but in the 90's was always a dance club with a really good sound system, huge dance floor (one upstairs, too I think) and was always packed! Even had a bar out back, too. Was very "rave-like" in the beginning, kinda punk-ish with lots of people sporting wild, colored hair of many hues. Gay, lesbian, bi, straight - it didn't matter! Anyone remember ANY of its names?! HELP? It's driving me bonkers to "see" it in my mind's eye, to remember dancing there and STILL not remember the NAME of the place! Accck!

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Hiking boots in Denali

Denali National Park and Preserve Dec 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Are low top hiking shoes okay in Denali on moderate to strenuous hikes or is a mid top hiking boot better?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    • from Seward to Vancouver

Seward Dec 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

we are planning a cruise from Vancouver to Seward (possibly September 2014) and wondering at options when returning to Vancouver. Hire a car and drive? Take a train?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • Place to stay when all hotels are booked out?

Barrow Dec 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

We plan to visit Barrow this month and found all the hotels had been booked out.. We can do an one-day trip, but ideally we hope can stay there for a night. Is there any place we can stay other than the three hotels? Just need a stayable warm place, we don't even need a bed. Any suggestion? Thank you guys!

11 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • day tour to hubbard glacier,

Yakutat Nov 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I would like names of tour operators, schedule information for may 2014 and pricing for 2 to travel by small boat to hubbard glacier

7 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • Is the land completely flat in and around Dillingham Alaska?

Dillingham Nov 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Are there any cliffs or bluffs near Dillingham?

4 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • Dog Sledding

Barrow Nov 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Is there dog sledding tours in Barrow, Alaska?

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
    • Cold Foot Souvenirs

Coldfoot Oct 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I have a cold foot sweatshirt that is wearing out and I was wondering if I could buy another online?

7 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • PachoG's Profile Photo

Days of stay

Alaska Oct 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM

If I worked in Alaska, I could get more days stay?

8 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    • October outdoor activities

Juneau Oct 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I'm visiting Oct 30-Nov 2 and wondering what my options will be for outdoor activities? I'm assuming whales are long gone but what about kayaking, boat tours, and rest of local attractions, etc? Are activities shutting down this time of year or does anyone have specific suggestions? Planning on some hiking and checking out the glacier already. Thank you!

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • fahad1's Profile Photo

northern lights

Fairbanks Oct 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM

can i go by myself to see the northern lights? (traveling alone)

just get a week off work, so planning to book a flight for tomorrow (12 oct 2013) if I can do all activity's by my self.
      I called 3 tours company and all of theme cant do anything before the 1st of November 2013

15 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    • jennymccord8's Profile Photo

solo winter alaskian adventure

Alaska Oct 10, 2013 at 5:07 AM

hi, i am a 27 year old female and am looking for a inter alaskian adventure of a lifetime :)) i am very outdoorsy and would love to head into anchorage and fairbanks and experience as much as possible in january.. i realise its winter but i am keen as beans to chase the northern lights, see the chenai hot springs, do some hiking and meet the locals, maybe use my emergency nursing career to do some volunteer work also. was wondering if any has any advice/ideas of places or travel options at this time? i don't want to be constrained to long haul tours but i know hiring a car and winging it isn't the best option due to the harsh conditions the time i want to go.. any ideas and advice is welcome. thanks

2 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • Dutch harbor unalaska

Dutch Harbor Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Hi everybody!
      Where is the best and cheapest place to stay in dutch harbor?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • Fairbanks to Anchorage-typical Delays in October

Anchorage Sep 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM

What are the typical driving conditions from Fairbanks to Anchorage the last few days of October? We have taken the trip via Parks Highway once in the Spring.

4 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM