Alappuzha Travel Answers

change location

house boat query

by vvsc Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 10:18 PM

i am planning a trip to backwaters in feb with my family and plan to stay in houseboat for 1 night.i am apprehensive of the fact that will there be a srong smell of fishes as we are pure veg and wont be able to tolerate it through the whole night

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: house boat query

by samantha-india Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi there!
    I have stayed with my husband in a houseboat in Alleppey last January. It was just wonderful. We are also vegetarians and don't eat chili, onions or garlic either. The houseboat crew was wonderful, cooked separately vegetarian delicious food for us and we did not have any issue with that!
    It didn't smell at all of any fish!
    So enjoy your trip, it is great!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • prassunair's Profile Photo

Re: house boat query

by prassunair Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 5:43 AM

According to the law the travelling time using houseboat is limited to 10 AM to 5 PM ,so after that you cant travel using houseboat .Normally houseboat people will tied up this boat on some of the shores .Might be some security issue is there too as you are staying some remote jetty . It is better to find out some resorts or home stay near to the lake side is the best way .

• Justin_goa's Profile Photo

Re: house boat query

by Justin_goa Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM

You want to stay in a boat and doesnt want to smell fish is tricky my friend!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines