Alappuzha Travel Answers

change location

Two day stay in alleppey - need guidance

by gopalcute2001 Online Now Oct 9, 2010 at 5:02 AM

Dear friends...I am planning to visit Alleppey from Bangalore in 4th week of November for 2 days...I would request a few information so that I can plan accordingly..

a)What are the good things to see/enjoy there for 2 days?
b) is it essential to stay in a houseboat as its very expensive around 5K -6K approx?
c) suppose I stay in an offshore medium resort..what is the expected rates?
d) I have heard..alleppey also has a beach..is it worth it?

please guide,

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bungi333's Profile Photo

Re: Two day stay in alleppey - need guidance

by bungi333 Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 2:02 AM

You can do a boat ride on the backwaters. I don't think hiring a boat should be as expensive as hiring a houseboat.

You can check out the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. You should be able to get there by boat. Then there is this Vechoor church which is supposed to be a very old church. Check out shell farming. All this on the backwaters. I am sure the visit to the beach would be good and relaxing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ushar's Profile Photo

by ushar Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hi,
    Answers to your questions.

a). There are boats available to go to kumarakom Back waters and back from Alleppey.Shorter trips also available. I would advise u must go for a 3 hour boat drive from Alleppey through backwaters, Kumarakam/Pathiramanal
    Travel to kumarakom through waters catch the dazzling sceneries of bluish mangrove plantation. The bird Sanctuary and the Silver spread of scintillating backwaters roam over the little island of the Pathiramanal. Though my Alleppey pages are incomplete, a short feel of alleppey u can get through my pages.

"The Venice of the east -Alappuzha or Alleppey....." - Alappuzha by ushar

"The Venice of the east -Alappuzha or Alleppey....." - Alappuzha by ushar

b) It is not essential to stay in houseboat.There are decent hotels are available near to the best stand and boat jetty.

c)Decent Offshore rooms are available from Rs 2000 onwards.

d)I feel U must see the Alleppey beach as you have 2 days time to spend there.
    Especially when the attractions of alleppey are - Sunbath on Beaches, Boat Cruise, Fishing, Backwater Destination Cruise.Dont miss meeting the Sailors of Allapuzha and watch them catch Fish.

Welcome and enjoy your stay at Alleppey. (Aalapuzha)

ushar

• prassunair's Profile Photo

by prassunair Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Hello Dude,

Might be I can give you better information as I was born and brought up in Alappuzha .
    a) Boating( Boating is the first and the best thing to enjoy here in Alappuzha)
    There are resorts near to river / Sea side are available and also a lot of home stays too , so in the evening and night you can spend in a traditional kerala cultured home stay/resort or hotel.
    If possible you can take a walk on the town (Mullakkal) you can make some purchases or just make a casual walk to watch the Venice e of the east  .There is a nice beach here and that’s my jogging place .Good River seen , Good Food , Boating and Sea these are the blends of alappuzha.

b) You can opt for house boat or normal boat(Normal boat ranges 300 Rs per Hour , House boats cost a bit more like 6k+ and also this is a season time too , but I think some house boats are operating per people and that costs near 700 Rs per people ) .There are a lots of river routs to watching site seeing places while you travel through boat .Alappuzha –Kavalam –Pallathuruthi-Nedumudi are some of the routes that I like most .Traditional Kerala foods are another added stuff .. I think house boats provide you the traditional foods like “Karimeen Pollichathu “(Karimeen fry) ,Kappa etc .
    c) For 2k to 3k you will get good 2 to 3 star rated hotels/resorts .Less ranged resorts are also available .

Have a nice holiday.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines