Alappuzha Travel Answers

change location
dionizi's Profile Photo

hello

by dionizi Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Hello...I am going to Kerala in februar. I would like to go on Backwaters tour from Alappuzha to Kollam...Can anyone tell me the price... I am student so I need cheap price...

Thank u

denis

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: hello

by lynnehamman Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 6:17 AM

You will find that prices will vary-and you would have to try and strike a bargain. Try Google ( Kerala Backwater Tours)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: hello

by ElCordobez Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Don't book in advance, there will be plenty of operators and boats and as Lynne says try to bargain...

• Sunjay's Profile Photo

by Sunjay Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Hey Denis,

I agree, if you are lookin’ for best bargain prices then perhaps best to book a deal on the spot, instead of pre-bookin’, you’ll find plenty around
    2 get an idea of the best prices, check out the prices of these Govt. run packages
    dtpckollam.com/intinerary.ht...

Do check out my v comprehensive notes on Kochi, Alappuzha n the backwaters here - VT Forum temporarily unavailable

Peace

• Re: hello

by absynth Online Now Dec 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I opted for a short tour(6hrs) for Rs 600. Some of my friends who did the day long tour paid close to Rs 1500. I would surely recommend the short one as it was very customizable. Its best to bargain on the spot.

• fatimah9's Profile Photo

by fatimah9 Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 9:59 AM

hey try for On the spot deal it will cost you Rs.400-500 for 3 hours and it also depends on the boat you want to travel.there is lot of variety in the boats motor boats shikara, peddling and canoe kind shikara is most expensive after the houseboat however motor boats are very in expensive and affordable.

have fun!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines