Alanya Travel Answers

change location

tours

by billyw Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 7:21 AM

i have read that you can take a tour to manavgat and see the waterfalls,can i just get a bus there to see this,also what other places can i visit by bus.can i get the bus to the waterpark in alanya or do i have to take a tour?we are staying in mahmutler,any advice will be great.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Re: tours

by Sirvictor Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Mahmutlar is sirca 15 kms east of Alanya centre. There is every 10 minutes a municipality service bus caming from Hakimler and going to Alanya otogar the main intercity bus terminal. There are also other minibusses but they only go to city centre. You must take the minibus to Otogar. It costs only 1.-TL

At Alanta Otogar(terminal) you can find every half an hour bus to Antalya. The name of the firm is "Alanyalilar" I advice you to take 07:30 bus or 08:00 bus early in the morning. The distance is sirca one hour. There are other bus firms also. But they are mostly long range busses. The Alanyalilar goes through the town of Manavgat. The Alanyalilar have a stop at the bus terminal of Manavgat. The Manavgat river flows just through the town. There are many sailships on the river which take the tourist a trip on the river and the Sea.

The waterfall of Manavgat is same 20 kms away from the town. There are mini busses which we call "Dolmus (read: Dolmush)
    The turkish name of Waterfall is "Manavgat Selalesi(Read: Shelale)
    You must write on a paper and ask the bus driver.
    "Manavgat selalesine gitmek istiyorum. Nerede inecegim?"
    (I want to go to Manavgat Waterfall. Where shall I drop?)

It is better you rent a car in Mahmutlar or in Alanya. It is better!
    After visiting Waterfall you can go drive half an hour more to the toen of Side to visit the antic Roman ruins and the famous Aspendos amphitheather.

Water park is sirca 15 kms away from Alanya centre.

Have a nice time in my Alanya. When will you stay in Mahmutlar?
    I just returned from Alanya yesterday after a long 4 month holiday. The nights are cooler 21 C degree.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines