Åland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• key to huts along Nordkalottleden

Kilpisjärvi Jul 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Does anyone know anything about the key system for the huts along the Nordkalottleden? I've heard that I need a key for the huts, but don't know where I can get the key?

more
    • transportation to kummakivi-balancing-rock

Imatra Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I would love to visit the kummakivi-balancing-rock. From the map, seems like Imatra is the nearest train station. Is there any other transport I could get there besides renting a car?
      Will be travelling during Dec 2014.

more
    • Is it safe to swim in the lakes of Nuuksio National park?

Nuuksio Jul 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello, I would like to know is there are safe places in Nuuksio national park to swim in.
      I will go to Nuuksio National park in the following days and since it will be very warm I would like to swim in a lake like Nuuksion pitkajärvi or Holma - Saarijärvi.
      I will go alone in the park but I am a bit worried because most of the lakes are swampy:
      are there dangerous snakes there? weeds?
      Also I am a bit worried about the pollution:
      The water is turbid and it is difficult to guess the depth of the lake and I'm afraid that there are currents that pull me down.
      Anyway I never swam in a lake and I am quite worried about a lot of things.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO SWIM IN THE LAKES OF NUUKSIO NATIONAL PARK AND, IF YES, WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION?

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Christmas lunch and dinner

Rovaniemi Jul 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hi VT family,

We are an Australian family of 8 (2 grand children aged 6 and 3 in that family) and we have booked a cabin in Muurola area from 20/12 to 27/12 this year (2014). I'm looking for suggestion about what would be good places in Rovaniemi to book in for a Xmas lunch and a Xmas dinner on 25/12/14. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Malcolm

more
    • Hotel Helsinki

Helsinki 17 hours ago

Hi
      What do you know about hotel KlausK ?

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • Animas's Profile Photo

From Helsinki

by Animas Online Now Oct 24, 2005 at 12:48 AM

I plan staying in Aland 2nights from Helsinki but lm so confused right now about the Viking/Silja line...
      okay I will start from Helsinki (on Sun 23 April 2006) to Aland then Aland (on 25 April) to Stockholm...
      Would you please give me the route,the time and the price ( for 2 adults and 2 kids--12 and 8 yrs old )
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Oct 25, 2005 at 5:19 PM
    • davidcross's Profile Photo

More info on Aland Islands

by davidcross Online Now Oct 23, 2003 at 4:04 AM

My wife and I are planning a visit to the Åland Islands in June, 2004. We shall be using public transport and I shall have the timetables for buses and ferries. We should like to stay on a b-and-b basis in farms or guesthouses and we should want to be near Mariemhahm for a few nights for proximity to buses. We should appreciate any information or suggestions.

10 Answers Oct 29, 2003 at 1:14 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Hotel

by thelittlevoice Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 11:10 PM

does anyone have any accommodation to suggest? thanks.

6 Answers Aug 15, 2003 at 9:29 PM