Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gareth95's Profile Photo

First trip to Turkey - Izmir

Izmir Aug 22, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hey !

This autumn i a going to visit Turkey and particularly Izmir, and the region around it. Also maybe i will visit Istanbul, too. I would like some information to ask.

I live in Athens , Greece.
      The transfer is possible by ship or by plane. I would like to recommend me websites where i can check all the possible prices and all of that information about the transportation from Athens to Izmir.

In Turkey i will stay about 2-3 weeks. Do I need a passport; I had read that the trip from Greece to Turkey needs only the ID. Is that true?

Also can someone tell me what papers should I have with me during my stay there.

The currency conversion from euro to Turkish lira where and how that can be done? In the airport where i am living or when i arrive at izmir?

Thanks!

more
    • Best beach hotel alacati

by Solutionca Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Going in september solo to take beginner kitesurf lessons. Looking for best school and most convenient hotel. Was considering Alacati Beach Resort as they have a school on premises ( i think )

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • Travel to Alacati

by doreenbali Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hi my husband and I going to visit Turkey the first time in July for 3 weeks we like to do trekking for 5 days. & go to Alacati for 10 days - My husband like to learn kitesurfing. Can you suggest the best area to stay. Close to the beach and town. We love old town and like to try all kind of different food, coffee and cake.
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • zenastar's Profile Photo

Cheap lodgings

by zenastar Online Now May 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Does anyone know a family run pension/ guesthouse that is cheap and clean? All lodgings I can find online are over100 a night.

• zenastar's Profile Photo

Easiest way to get from Izmir Airport to Alacati

by zenastar Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hello,
      I am arriving at Izmir Airport and want to get to Alacati. I would like a direct way to get there but cannot find any buses. The idea of transferring to three different buses sounds horrible. Can anyone recommend a shuttle service for four people that is trustworthy and economical?

• Rent a bike

by tohotomtom Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Do you know if it is possible to rent a bike (not motorbike) in or near Alacati? What prices may I expect?

thanks

1 Answer Mar 21, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    • bus from cesme to alacati

by robc60 Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM

we are staying in cesme this june and hope to do some windsurfing in alacati.
      is there a bus service which goes from cesme to the alacati windsurfing area
      or do you think it would be easier to get a taxi or hire a car. we don't realy want to hire a car. after driving in london every day i like to have a rest from driving.

thanks robc

2 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM